Thailand aims to vaccinate 70% of people by September

webfact

They are getting there

It has been reported Today, that " Herd Immunity " has been established at a Shopping Mall in Phuket.

" Herd Immunity " was established after all Staff at the Mall had been Vaccinated 

Is there no end to all this BS from these people.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Gross exaggeration.

The UK has a similar size of population and they had 67 thousand new cases reported in a 24 hour period.

Obviously you believe Thailand will be worse than that and I have to assume you have forgotten where the airport is.

Well aren't YOU a bit harsh , i just stated the facts . Or do you want to tell me restrictions in europe havn't been lifted in many countries and that people aren't able to go on hollidays all around europe again spain , portugal , greece etc . And as for your information , all around the UK pubs and restaurants and many other things have been openend again because of their vaccination program and many vaccinations . Maybe they have 67thousand new cases but because of vaccination not many of them will be hospitalized or die . And a nice day to you too sandyf , hope you don't mind me being in Thailand since you almost kicked me out . Are you familie of Anutin by the way ?? Hope you'r better then nr's then him . Doesn't seem like it and racist wise also not much better . 

4 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Well aren't YOU a bit harsh , i just stated the facts . Or do you want to tell me restrictions in europe havn't been lifted in many countries and that people aren't able to go on hollidays all around europe again spain , portugal , greece etc . And as for your information , all around the UK pubs and restaurants and many other things have been openend again because of their vaccination program and many vaccinations . Maybe they have 67thousand new cases but because of vaccination not many of them will be hospitalized or die . And a nice day to you too sandyf , hope you don't mind me being in Thailand since you almost kicked me out . Are you familie of Anutin by the way ?? Hope you'r better with nr's then him . Doesn't seem like it and racist wise also not much better . 

How can they say this nonsense when they don't have the vaccine. Last year at this time the PM was saying the hot weather will drive drive the the virus away. What happened to that idea????

Now he is saying 70% will be vaccinated when they  don't even have the vaccine. Another dream

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Well aren't YOU a bit harsh , i just stated the facts . Or do you want to tell me restrictions in europe havn't been lifted in many countries and that people aren't able to go on hollidays all around europe again spain , portugal , greece etc . And as for your information , all around the UK pubs and restaurants and many other things have been openend again because of their vaccination program and many vaccinations . Maybe they have 67thousand new cases but because of vaccination not many of them will be hospitalized or die . And a nice day to you too sandyf , hope you don't mind me being in Thailand since you almost kicked me out . Are you familie of Anutin by the way ?? Hope you'r better then nr's then him . Doesn't seem like it and racist wise also not much better . 

you build (or some other built it for you) some link that can not be correct.

As for exemple: " all around the UK pubs and restaurants and many other things have been openend again because of their vaccination program and many vaccinations".

No, they are open because the government release the pressure (even if they justify it with vaccination, the vaccination doesn't reduce infection so much). And then it is a political choice to let population win money with real services and work, and absolutely not a medical linked choice obligation.

Blackmail can start from there... to no more understand what is a choice and most probably a political choice and to reduce things as simple as you would like it to be.

Also, yes, cases report are dependant of tested population. Low tested population has a low level of contamination report (but that can not show any reality other than the logic link: no test = no case, low tests = lower cases, etc...).

COVID is a problem (as any other exist if we start to focus on them), but reduce things process is a bigger problem that can miss to resolve any other.

Edited by jerolamo
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I would go back and look at the number of daily UK infections from January onwards...

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56041029

Covid: Virus cases are going down across the UK

The data is more evidence lockdown is controlling the virus, even with the more infectious variants circulating - although the health secretary said there is "still a long way to go".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56041029

Covid: Virus cases are going down across the UK

The data is more evidence lockdown is controlling the virus, even with the more infectious variants circulating - although the health secretary said there is "still a long way to go".

Rather an old article. 

• Thanks 1

A post with a link to a French YouTube video have been removed:

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translation of technical terms is permitted in specialty forums.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

On the face of it, this sounds like a pretty extreme over promise. What's the point of doing that? All I can think is to project the feeling that they are finally approaching vaccinations with the needed urgency. 

Not to worry, Numbers will change by tomorrow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

oops...sorry....

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/covid-19-cases-deaths-fall-further-uk-vaccinations-rise-2021-05-09/

COVID-19 cases and deaths fall further in the UK, vaccinations rise

That has been attributed in part to the impact of the mass vaccination programme, and in part to strict lockdown measures that were in place from January to March and are only gradually being eased.

Aren't we both on the same page here? I am disputing a comment by jerolamo minimizing the impact of vaccinations. If not for the advanced stage of the UK jabs, the UK might be where say France is now.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand has also placed orders for the vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech. Authorities have so far approved the vaccines of Sinovac, AstraZenaca, Johnson & Johnson and Moderna.

Approved for use in Thailand however does that include the approval to import privately like other vaccines & medications?

Some how I think not. 

Why has the Sinopharm vaccine not been approved by Thailand - WHO has approved it for global use.

Just now, Derek B said:

Approved for use in Thailand however does that include the approval to import privately like other vaccines & medications?

Some how I think not. 

Why has the Sinopharm vaccine not been approved by Thailand - WHO has approved it for global use.

Vaccine makers seem to be only selling to Governments at this time, not private institutions. 

7 hours ago, smedly said:

beat me to it

apart from the fact they will never have to available shots for one dose, this whole plan is a complete failure from the start, the second dose is just as' if not more important than the first, Anutin the builder better start listening to heath experts before he opens his mouth with this BS

and as for sinovac - nobody wants it, it might be considered as a last resort but definitely not first line treatment choice, it is being forced on people with an attitude - "better than nothing", I'd like to see a full financial audit of this G2G vaccine procurement 

It's Thaksin's fault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Another story to distract from the failing AstraZeneca rollout... its looking like the biggest fail of this new so called democracy.

You forget what the man said... 'Democracy...Thai Style'  and it follows that everything else will be 'Thai Style'; normally leading to total failure !

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That has been attributed in part to the impact of the mass vaccination programme, and in part to strict lockdown measures that were in place from January to March and are only gradually being eased.

Aren't we both on the same page here? I am disputing a comment by jerolamo minimizing the impact of vaccinations. If not for the advanced stage of the UK jabs, the UK might be where say France is now.

I was trying to help you out! LOL

2 hours ago, WingFat said:

Perhaps the Thai authorities can retrofit the street food push carts with the cryogenic refrigeration needed for Moderna and Pfizer to reach all the remote villages.

Not really true:

They can be kept in an ultra-low temperature freezer for up to six months, or for five days at 2-8 degrees C – a type of refrigeration commonly available at hospitals, Bencker said.

The Pfizer storage units can also be refilled with ice for up to 15 days, she said.

But shots will spoil in around five days at normal refrigeration temperatures of slightly above freezing. BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahin told Reuters the companies are analyzing if they can extend that for two weeks.

The vaccine of Moderna Inc (MRNA.O), which is working on a vaccine based on similar technology, does not need to be stored at such a low temperature.

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Thanks 1