Thailand aims to vaccinate 70% of people by September

webfact

Does anyone actually believe any of the nonsense spewing from this guy's mouth?  Originally the 70% vaccination target was 01 October, then the end of the year, now it is September.  Surely someone in the government has the intestinal fortitude to tell Anutin and Prayuth that they have absolutely no credibility??  No, I guess not!  ????

• Thanks 2

As stated before I really believe that the Thais have the ability to make this happen.

They have this ability to organize something like this all around the country

BUT, where are the vaccines, ? On this question we are all being fooled by the 

lack of reporting, transperency etc.

How about another "press conference" telling the Thai people the status of vaccine production ?   I dare you !!!

Anutin needs to cut back on his medication as it's affecting his judgement. To prattle on about achieving herd immunity (70% of the population) by the end of Sept just isn't going to happen. Simple maths indicate that it would require 360,000 jabs daily starting from today to reach the 49M target (70% pop) which was the number recently quoted by the Czar. A developed country like the UK with an unlimited number of vaccine has only given 37M jabs (55% pop) to date... https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations  

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So is that about over half a million shots per day? 

Well, I guess it's good to have goals.

I'm not British , not blowing any trumpets, but didn't they get to a million a day at some stage ? ... Of course theres a little matter of the cost involved , and eh... to put it bluntly , saving money is more important than saving lives in Thailand ... sadly ... First World when promoting itself... Third World when pleading excuses. rockets and submarines .... easy ... vaccinating the population ... ah here ! thats a hard one ... as the actress said to the bishop !   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56041029

Covid: Virus cases are going down across the UK

The data is more evidence lockdown is controlling the virus, even with the more infectious variants circulating - although the health secretary said there is "still a long way to go".

The Indian variant is just getting going in the UK. Bolton near Manchester is under study.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/latest-greater-manchester-infection-rates-20606807

The danger is selective pressure in places with underperforming vaccines causing even more powerful variants than the Indian one to emerge.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Derek B said:

Approved for use in Thailand however does that include the approval to import privately like other vaccines & medications?

Some how I think not. 

Why has the Sinopharm vaccine not been approved by Thailand - WHO has approved it for global use.

I'm not sure that WHO is a reliable authority. Better wait until US and UK approve it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forza2002 said:

Anutin needs to cut back on his medication as it's affecting his judgement. To prattle on about achieving herd immunity (70% of the population) by the end of Sept just isn't going to happen. Simple maths indicate that it would require 360,000 jabs daily starting from today to reach the 49M target (70% pop) which was the number recently quoted by the Czar. A developed country like the UK with an unlimited number of vaccine has only given 37M jabs (55% pop) to date... https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations  

image.png

Maybe they'll change the target when it becomes obvious even to the most dull, brainless individuals around that it isn't gonna happen. It can be "clarified" that what they meant was 70% of the vulnerable population over 60 years old! hahaha If they can't meet that... they've got bigger problems than even I thought!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, placnx said:

The Indian variant is just getting going in the UK. Bolton near Manchester is under study.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/latest-greater-manchester-infection-rates-20606807

The danger is selective pressure in places with underperforming vaccines causing even more powerful variants than the Indian one to emerge.

Whatever its problems The AZ vaccine is extremely effective on all metrics.

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

No, I think you are wrong, it's more like 500,000 shots a day for 1st shots, but dependent on how long they leave the second dose it could have to be up to a million shots a day. Either that or they'll be saying no first doses after September as they have to give the 2nd dose before 12 weeks runs out.

Thailand based on this roll out will need 30,000,000 doses of vaccine a day in the near future - I seriously cannot see that being available

I have this nasty feeling that at some point Thailand will run out of 2nd doses and nullify the 1st dose or something daft.

Not sure where you are coming from with the 30,000,000 doses a day!????

4 hours ago, jerolamo said:

you build (or some other built it for you) some link that can not be correct.

As for exemple: " all around the UK pubs and restaurants and many other things have been openend again because of their vaccination program and many vaccinations".

No, they are open because the government release the pressure (even if they justify it with vaccination, the vaccination doesn't reduce infection so much). And then it is a political choice to let population win money with real services and work, and absolutely not a medical linked choice obligation.

Blackmail can start from there... to no more understand what is a choice and most probably a political choice and to reduce things as simple as you would like it to be.

Also, yes, cases report are dependant of tested population. Low tested population has a low level of contamination report (but that can not show any reality other than the logic link: no test = no case, low tests = lower cases, etc...).

COVID is a problem (as any other exist if we start to focus on them), but reduce things process is a bigger problem that can miss to resolve any other.

And the government is able to release the pressure because people have been vaccinated and will not get as sick as before and will not die or land on the IC . Or did you really think they would have done this if nobody would have been vaccinated ?? Don't think so . So your whole comment is useless and doesn't make sence to me don't know aboit others but it's a fact that if people wouldn't have been vaccinated the bars etc wouldn't have opened and absolutely is medical linked . There would have been 0% chance puns and restaurants would have been opened if hospitals where overflowing and IC would have been full and has nothing to do with releasing the pressure . And because of the vaccinations the nr's of hospitalized people and dying people have dropped and that's the only reason why they relaxed the rules . Your comment is the only conspiracy in this story . 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

No, I think you are wrong, it's more like 500,000 shots a day for 1st shots, but dependent on how long they leave the second dose it could have to be up to a million shots a day. Either that or they'll be saying no first doses after September as they have to give the 2nd dose before 12 weeks runs out.

Thailand based on this roll out will need 30,000,000 doses of vaccine a day in the near future - I seriously cannot see that being available

I have this nasty feeling that at some point Thailand will run out of 2nd doses and nullify the 1st dose or something daft.

5,00,000 is half a million I don't understand your response

• Haha 1

Those are great news. Vaccination is indeed the way to go.

but it must be done right, fast. even 60% will get herd imunity and will

end the pandemic completely.

look at israel. on january it had one of the worst outbreaks that placed

it at one of the worst places for covid. than within a month (!!) 60% of the

population got vaccinated (pfizer) and the pandemic is gone !!

zero !! nada !!

image.png.fe2682a8644e737dec3fa54ffbaeaf44.png

11 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

I’m glad to see he’s doing the best he can to keep the people in Thailand safe. So far for the last 16 months he’s done an excellent job   Many countries would love to have such a low death rate.  Good job Sir

but you've got to agree, whatever he has, or has not done, the low death rate is impressive 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

Not really true:

They can be kept in an ultra-low temperature freezer for up to six months, or for five days at 2-8 degrees C – a type of refrigeration commonly available at hospitals, Bencker said.

The Pfizer storage units can also be refilled with ice for up to 15 days, she said.

But shots will spoil in around five days at normal refrigeration temperatures of slightly above freezing. BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahin told Reuters the companies are analyzing if they can extend that for two weeks.

The vaccine of Moderna Inc (MRNA.O), which is working on a vaccine based on similar technology, does not need to be stored at such a low temperature.

Your info is outdated.  An unthawed unopened Pfizer vial can now be kept at regular fridge temperatures for up to 30 days.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57152719

Edited by shdmn

40 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Your info is outdated.  An unthawed unopened Pfizer vial can now be kept at regular fridge temperatures for up to 30 days.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-57152719

"Even better for all of us. 

But shots will spoil in around five days at normal refrigeration temperatures of slightly above freezing. BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahin told Reuters the companies are analyzing if they can extend that for two weeks."

Looks like they have been more than successful.

Edited by hanuman2543