Pattaya: Shooting incident at luxury house connected to online gambling - cop still in coma

webfact

31 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Is that a Mercedes Benz G-Wagon in police livery at the start of that video?

Wow! They are in the region of $150,000 I believe.  Hands down beats a smart BMW.

Hope the injured cops get well. No one deserves that doing their job.

Looks more like a Thairung, cheap copy

3 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Just as well it was an operation involving foreign gamblers. There aren’t enough police in the country to go after the Thai gambling dens. 

And people in very very high places who benefit would never allow  the big established ones get raided anyway.

• Like 1

Daily News: "incident at a luxury house in Pattaya on Wednesday in which two of his men were shot"

shouldn't this rather read "were shot at..." instead of "were shot"?

8 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

A leader, I believe a General can't identify the perpatrators,  whom shot and injured at least 2 of his men? 

The best he can say is: Foreigners? 

[Suwat said that 8 foreigners had been inside the house when officers arrived to serve a search warrant in connection with online gambling. ]

THE JAPAN RED ARMY ?  RADICAL MUSLIM GROUPS FROM SYRIA?  Nicaraguan Insurgents from San Salvador???  North Korean Spies? 

AGAIN, FOREIGNERS MEANS NOTHING! 

Does it matter?

12 minutes ago, thurien said:

Daily News: "incident at a luxury house in Pattaya on Wednesday in which two of his men were shot"

shouldn't this rather read "were shot at..." instead of "were shot"?

No. They were shot at and they were shot. One seriously, one less so. If someone is shot at and hit and injured, how do you think that should be written?

As always it appears we are not getting the full story. Some reports say that at least two of the people in the house got away, or were allowed to get away. Sad for the police who got shot. They are just pawns in a much bigger game.

• Like 2

Daily News reported that RTP chief Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk wanted to "check bin" on the incident at a luxury house in Pattaya on Wednesday in which two of his men were shot.

"In this sense he meant that he wanted to leave no stone unturned in prosecuting and getting to the bottom of the case. "

Strange, I've always assosiated "Check bin" as payback....

• Like 1

Well... 

If these chinese gambling den owners are so dangerous- then I really do not understand,

why not only the police men are standing without any cover directly in front of the villa, just a few meters away 

and that they let also civilian bystanders watch in such a short distance.

And - I have no idea about modern SWAT team tactics ...

However, if we would have moved like that in our basic training in the Army many years ago,

not really coordinating among each other,

leaving so many sectors totally uncovered,

we would have been into many hours of overtime... forget your weekend leave! 555

... just my 10 shillings...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bradmeister said:

A leader, I believe a General can't identify the perpatrators,  whom shot and injured at least 2 of his men? 

The best he can say is: Foreigners? 

[Suwat said that 8 foreigners had been inside the house when officers arrived to serve a search warrant in connection with online gambling. ]

THE JAPAN RED ARMY ?  RADICAL MUSLIM GROUPS FROM SYRIA?  Nicaraguan Insurgents from San Salvador???  North Korean Spies? 

AGAIN, FOREIGNERS MEANS NOTHING! 

Just stay with "Chinese"

6 hours ago, GeilGeilertzen said:

A Mercedes Benz....? 
Put your drinks back in the locker now Phetphet ????????????

That is a Thairung Transformer built on a Toyota Hilux body. You’d probably put this car out of action with a paintball gun or some broken glass on the road. 
But hey, It’s the S.Q.U.A.T teams choice of vehicle.   Safety was after all never an issue in thai ????????

Without a doubt a fugly little look a like beast it is. 

Thairung probably built it to protect noodle shop CEO’s. 

Ha ha. You got me there. Never seen a Thairung before.

7 hours ago, phetphet said:

Is that a Mercedes Benz G-Wagon in police livery at the start of that video?

Wow! They are in the region of $150,000 I believe.  Hands down beats a smart BMW.

Hope the injured cops get well. No one deserves that doing their job.

No. It's Thai Rung. 

13 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The response from those in the house was very excessive,

maybe they should have tried a bribe, before opening fire.

regards Worgeordi

I agree , , something not adding up 

14 hours ago, ezzra said:

In this case it seems that the owner of the house lost the patronage and protection of some thai big-wig that have culminated in the police storming the house, maybe it's because he forgot pay his dues, who know...

Yep, brown envelopes go a long way here!