Pattaya: Shooting incident at luxury house connected to online gambling - cop still in coma

webfact

5 hours ago, thailandheron said:

The cops hung around the front of the house for I bet 30 minutes before entering. That gave the people inside plenty of time to hide what ever they wanted.

Or ran out the back way. Jesus what a S.W.A.T. tactic. Amazing that they still are alive if they are storming a building this way. Someone in the building could have take them all out. It look like they are entering a coffee shop for a nice cafe latte!

Edited by Captor
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The response from those in the house was very excessive,

maybe they should have tried a bribe, before opening fire.

regards Worgeordie

Probably got sick of every BiB with a bit of rank hitting than up for 1 million.  

• Haha 1

More details here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/21/thai-anti-money-laundering-office-investigating-mansion-that-was-site-of-shooting-of-two-police-officers-in-pattaya-by-foreign-national/

''Mr. Zhang is also known by his nickname “Leo”, according to Region 2 police, and reportedly told police his two guns were bought from a Thai. Officers found six luxury cars at the mansion and on adjacent property. Documents viewed by The Pattaya News also appear to show that Mr. Zhang was on a 28 day overstay.''

'

Edited by Rimmer
Fair use

Another police commander should be sacked for not making sure that his officers were not

vested properly before going to this address. They did have a search warrant, after all so should

have had some precautions ahead of knocking on the door.

Geezer

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

The swat team approach should have been the initial response, then the outcome would have been a bit different.

For sure a few more bullets would have gone into the house.

Geezer

Sending in the SWAT team to execute a search warrant seems a bit heavy handed, is this typical in other countries ?

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Sending in the SWAT team to execute a search warrant seems a bit heavy handed, is this typical in other countries ?

What a crazy thing to say, judging by what happened there it was a sensible thing to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

What a crazy thing to say, judging by what happened there it was a sensible thing to do.

Why crazy ?

Yes its sad 2 regular duty policeman were injured but thats part of the job they signed up for.

Using SWAT teams to execute a simple search warrant is next level ridiculous and excessively heavy handed, can you name me one country that does this.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The house at the Phoneix Country Club in Huay Yai is being kept under close watch and three luxury automobiles including a Rolls Royce are still there. 

I wonder who's got their eye on the roller?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2021 at 3:39 AM, worgeordie said:

The response from those in the house was very excessive,

maybe they should have tried a bribe, before opening fire.

regards Worgeordie

That was, what I was asking myself !

Policemen, seemingly no SWAT team at that time, delivering a warrant.

2 policemen severely injured - that points more to the assumption, they did not expect anything dangerous and did not take any precautions.

More like: „We have something to discuss...“

Sounds all like a terrible misunderstanding ... not being fully aware of the local mode, how to deal with certain things.

5 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

That was, what I was asking myself !

Policemen, seemingly no SWAT team at that time, delivering a warrant.

2 policemen severely injured - that points more to the assumption, they did not expect anything dangerous and did not take any precautions.

More like: „We have something to discuss...“

Sounds all like a terrible misunderstanding ... not being fully aware of the local mode, how to deal with certain things.

Did you consider the the possibility the police where there to actually rob the Chinese guy?  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Did you consider the the possibility the police where there to actually rob the Chinese guy?  

''rob'' is maybe an excessive word

maybe they were asking for some volonteer contribution to the social police fund, and seing the amount asked with some ''amical'' pressions about his family, his 28 days overstay all of a sudden Mr Leo turned full berserker

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

''rob'' is maybe an excessive word

maybe they were asking for some volonteer contribution

to the social police fund, and seing the amount asked with

some ''amical'' pressions about his family, his 28 days overstay

all of a sudden Mr Leo turned full berserker

I didn't know of the 28 day overstay, but taking in consideration the wealth and duration of his stay in Thailand, I think the overstay is a good indication that he was well aware that they are looking for him

9 minutes ago, Susco said:

I didn't know of the 28 day overstay, but taking in consideration the wealth and duration of his stay in Thailand, I think the overstay is a good indication that he was well aware that they are looking for him

It was in the local news and in the post i did yesterday

you can find it on this page, going back around 10 messages 

or also here:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/21/thai-anti-money-laundering-office-investigating-mansion-that-was-site-of-shooting-of-two-police-officers-in-pattaya-by-foreign-national/

On 5/21/2021 at 2:59 AM, Bradmeister said:

A leader, I believe a General can't identify the perpatrators,  whom shot and injured at least 2 of his men? 

The best he can say is: Foreigners? 

[Suwat said that 8 foreigners had been inside the house when officers arrived to serve a search warrant in connection with online gambling. ]

THE JAPAN RED ARMY ?  RADICAL MUSLIM GROUPS FROM SYRIA?  Nicaraguan Insurgents from San Salvador???  North Korean Spies? 

AGAIN, FOREIGNERS MEANS NOTHING! 

A group of eight seniors over the age of 60 playing the notorious game of "Bridge"?