Thailand reports 3,481 COVID-19 cases, 32 new deaths

webfact

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Only around 30% are asymptomatic, the rest are pre symptomatic. It is this group that drives the spread of the virus silently. They cannot be detected via temperature screening controls and mix with the community normally.

Gotta disagree with you on this one BKK Brian. Pre-symptomatic, asymptomatic and symptomatic all spread the virus. Pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic of course differ to symptomatic in that they both display no symptoms.

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Gotta disagree with you on this one BKK Brian. Pre-symptomatic, asymptomatic and symptomatic all spread the virus. Pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic of course differ to symptomatic in that they both display no symptoms.

Maybe I didn't make myself as clear as I should have. I agree all 3 groups spread the virus but I was just really referring to the posters disregard to asymptomatic cases as they also spread it along with the pre-symptomatic.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I would be interested to see how many of the dead came from prison.

They differentiate between covid case in prison and outside prison.

Why not clarify deaths numbers.

I am not aware of any Covid fatalities in prison. The last I heard, only 63 inmates of 10,000 infected were symptomatic and hospitalized.

• Confused 1

10 Bangkok markets closed to curb COVID-19 spread

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has ordered the closure of 10 markets in the capital, as the rate of new COVID-19 infections is still increasing and spreading across the city.

The markets ordered to close are:

Ying Charoen Market, Bang Khen district (May 14th – 24th)

Din Daeng Central Market (May 12th – 21st)

Bang Kapi Market (May 20th – 22nd)

Klong Toey Market (May 15th – June 4th)

Sam Yan Market, Pathumwan district (May 18th – 20th)

Nong Chok Fresh Market (May 19th – 31st)

Sai Nate Market, Kannayao district (May 20th – 22nd)

Sala Nam Ron Market, Bangkok Noi district (May 14th – 22nd)

Lam Nok Khwaek Market, Nong Chok district (May 19th – 21st)

Phuyai Uan Flea Market, Lat Phrao district (May 20th – 22nd)

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/10-bangkok-markets-closed-to-curb-covid-19-spread/

• Like 2

Cal-Comp Electronics (Thailand) Co., Ltd. has closed its factory in Phetchaburi for 2 weeks after 700 Covid-19 cases were found. Its worker dormitories, accommodating about 6,000 people were also closed. Free meals are provided to workers, living there.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1395584184899444739

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Priest Hospital has vaccinated about 500 monks in Bangkok, to enable them to receive daily alms and undertake merit-making activities, as the country battles its third and largest wave of COVID-19 infections.

Hospital deputy director Montchai Chumnumnavin said these activities are putting monks at risk, where they can come into contact with an infected person. The vaccinations will help to protect them from contracting the disease from devotees.

He said current vaccine supplies will not cover all of Thailand's estimated 200,000 monks. Mass inoculations are due to start next month, when domestic production of AstraZeneca's vaccine is expected to begin.

#PriestHospital #vaccine #monk #bangkok #COVID19 #ข่าวด่วน #โรงพยาบาลสงฆ์ #วัคซีน #พระ #กรุงเทพฯ #โควิด19

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158029892877050

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Cal-Comp Electronics (Thailand) Co., Ltd. has closed its factory in Phetchaburi for 2 weeks after 700 Covid-19 cases were found. Its worker dormitories, accommodating about 6,000 people were also closed. Free meals are provided to workers, living there.

@TNAMCOT

More info on this:

Over 700 Covid infected people were found and waiting for 3,000 test results.
This factory has more than 10,000 workers, 6,600 Myanmar workers, and 5,900 Thai people. Entrepreneurship has stopped business for 14 days.

E14b7bhUUAEIYYR.thumb.jpg.55590519d7620f844dc350b99790121f.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

@TNAMCOT

Interesting. I wonder if these numbers have been included in daily totals or will be. 6000 in the dormitory. This could be a massive outbreak.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Irony thread of the day:

It would seem the Chinese govt. can manage to do this... The U.S., U.K. and others, not so much...

It also seems that the slow rollout of the vaccines donated by China and then promising to be used on the Chinese nationals by Anutin was not done.  Another slap in the FACE.

• Like 1

Khun@NatapanuN , the Deputy

@MFAThai

Spokesperson, tweeted today that it is the national agenda to vaccinate everyone including foreigners and warned we should only pay attention to official news from the CCSA and not from unauthorised sources #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1395590737777991687

Edited by anchadian

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Looks like the cluster numbers might be coming in but still hovering in the 2000's. These numbers should see Thailand at number 90 on the covid chart and fairly soon will crack the top 20 in weekly trends.

The reported numbers and thus the rankings are almost meaningless, but, by all means, continue to live a fantasy. ????

Let me know when their testing is up to par.

Japan’s Travel Advisory on Thailand

BANGKOK, May 21 (TNA) – The Japanese government advises its citizens not to visit Thailand due to the worsening COVID-19 situation in the country.

Tanee Sangrat, director-general of the Department of Information and spokesman of the Foreign Ministry, said that on May 18 Japan intensified its travel warning concerning seven countries including Thailand. Based on severer COVID-19 situations, the warning was escalated from level 2 (not paying a visit unless it is urgently necessary) to level 3 (not paying a visit).

The number of countries in the level 3 warning thus increased from 153 to 160.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-701071

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

This is what really matters, not thousands of asymptomatic cases which distort the stats.

Being braindead is the only way an answer like that can be explained away.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Japan has already excluded Thailand.

How long before Thailand is Red banded by other countries as it is clearly becoming out of control not just for spread but lies by the government suppressing the real figures. Can't be long, then that will screw their "opening up to tourists" fantasies.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

The reported numbers and thus the rankings are almost meaningless, but, by all means, continue to live a fantasy. ????

Let me know when their testing is up to par.

When Thailand was 117 everday we were told how great Thailand was at 117. Guess it wasn't meaningless then. Now Thailand has completely screwed it up and is racing upwards which is not what a govt wants to see it becomes meaningless.