renting out a house for the first time

1 hour ago, Andy from Kent said:

And ifen he doesn't get it back?    Then what?

Probably still  have to pump sand, especially if the landlord is a maae/phaaw moht, but better to have the "I's " dotted then not ! 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the replies

The market seems crashing these weeks

Lowering prices, no renters, view visits, too many agents wanting a cut for just posting what I can do myself...

House is in very good condition, located in between 2 shopping malls, makro, tesco,villa all near by

On 5/23/2021 at 12:04 AM, Pilotman said:

I would not rent a place where the landlord just pitches up regularly to check up on me, or indeed ever calls.  if you rent on a contract then you must face the fact that you have given over your property to someone else to live it.  Its their home, don't interfere.  if you can't accept that, don't rent out the property.  

This was not a Thailand experience, but I feel like sharing it: in California, I once rented a house where the owner had left some cans of paint, stain, a few yard tools and such junk in the garage when I moved in. I thought he had just left them behind as junk. I was getting ready to throw it out. 

One day, when I had only been living there about 15 days, the owner shows up and tells me he needs to get into the garage and get some of his stuff to use it. I was astonished, and told him that was totally improper. He'd now rented the place to me, I said, and can't use the garage as a place to store his own stuff! He realized I was right and got embarrased, explaining that it was his childhood house where he'd lived most of his life and it had never occurred to him that he couldn't just keep the stuff there and pop over from time to time to use it!