Hitachi WT-P150XX pressure pump

Kanada

Probably a spot for this post but I didn’t see it

Only eight months old...works great but the last month it makes a clunk when it cuts out...the odd time even a little clatter clunk!

Is it a problem...if so is there an adjustment

we live out of town and inconvenient to have someone come out and check for us!

Is anyone out there familiar or better yet really know what they’re going with a system like this??

see photos attached 

4DE0BA83-EAC7-47BF-9755-AB1BC963899A.jpeg

FD948FBC-DAE2-469D-A735-9D91E67C09CC.jpeg

we live out of town and inconvenient to have someone come out and check for us!

I think it would help if you be a bit more specific where out of town exactly is! ????

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

I think it would help if you be a bit more specific where out of town exactly is! ????

Was just asking for advice so not sure where I live would be important?!

I own a 350 SX which has a smaller pressure tank but is still rated at 63 LPM max.  I had a problem with mine and decided to pull it apart on my own rather than wait for the local 'expert' to sort it out.  They are really simple machines.  A motor, an impeller, a pressure tank, and a pressure switch.  All you need is a phillips screw driver and some pliers and maybe an adjustable spanner or two.

The issue with mine was caused by a small mesh wire screen somehow got wedged sideways in the input port and some stuff got wrapped around it blocking the flow.  That stuff was pieces of teflon tape and some glue residue from when the pipes were initially set up.   Also I did notice some of the motor shrouding was loose and by tightening the screws some of the operating noise went away. 

I also have a 1 hp irrigation pump which began to make an odd noise and upon disassembly I noticed a small stone  stuck in one of the impeller blades plus I found some pieces of a spring from the pressure switch got lodged in the centrifugal switch mechanism and their removal solved the  issue and increased the flow noticeably. 

Try cycling the pump on and off to notice where the  noise is coming from.  Could it be noise from normal vibration so maybe a rubber mount or shock mount foot is loose or missing? Is the tank a bladder type?  Bladders can wear and not hold pressure.  Do you get a surge of water when you open the faucet but before the pump actually spins up?  If not, the bladder may need a check and the tank may need replacing.  Has the noise just started or has it been there but gotten worse?  It there a pipe that gets slammed to the hard surface when the motor starts or stops due to water cavitation?   

If you want to try a self repair is to remove the inlet and outlet pipes to see if there is something in the impeller.  Do you have a filter like a Big Blue to catch that stuff?

Fluid dynamics is so crazy interesting and I know oh so little of it but there is inertia in the water as it moves and when the pump stops all the weight of the water in the piped between your water source and pump has to disperse every time the pump cycles.  You might consider putting a T fitting along that  line with  a 60 cm vertical pipe with a cap on  the top to form an air pocket that gives the water a cushion when the pump turns off.  

It's hard  to tell since sight and sound provide input to help locate the problem and on a blog that part is missing.  I hope this helps.

• Like 1