PCX / NMAX Alternative ?

Hi guys, i wonder if its possible to find in Thailand some decent alternative to PCX or NMAX style scooter, a 150cc or so, at least as good as PCX or NMAX ( not a Waves or Aerox style as i want something more high quality )

can we find SYM or KYMCO scooter ? or brand like this ?

I would agree with Henryford (above) the ADV150 appears to tick all the boxes and very popular at the moment.

I don't know that a KYMCO (China) is seen as a higher quality over Honda etc

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about a bike with clutch and gears which is not so big that you can't get through traffic?

I.e. a Suzuki Raider 150 is a good choice. Good quality, high performance, easy to get through traffic, fun.

I think as many like me who come from a car that he is looking for a motorcycle with automatic transmission

• Haha 1

Yamaha Aerox 155 beat all those other scooters of PCX/ADV/NMax with 150cc or 155cc capacity, it's lighter with bigger wheels, very popular alternative ...

Hell, it even gives my Forza a run for it's money, although my friend is nearly 10kg lighter than me...! ????????

Not sure about the new PCX hybrid 160 though, don't see many around to race them yet...

Parts and maintenance issues alone does not warrant buying Kymco/Sym/Vespa here , also think about resale value.... Although they have some really nice new models ...., new Kymco AK550 gets rave reviews...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about a bike with clutch and gears which is not so big that you can't get through traffic?

I.e. a Suzuki Raider 150 is a good choice. Good quality, high performance, easy to get through traffic, fun.

BG-1.jpg?fit=1024,735

Had one.

A real blast, indeed.

Remove the atrocious decals

& she'd be very sharp looking girl.

Perfect in traffic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Rev to 10,000 RPM, shift, rev again, lumpy idle, rev to 10,000, shift, rev again.

That sounds much better. ????

I have to admit I think about getting the bike with 18,000 RPM.

Not that it makes much sense for my daily use but I am sure I would love that screaming sound.

The engine sound in the video starts about 0:39 

46 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Not that it makes much sense for my daily use but I am sure I would love that screaming sound.

There is/was a guy on Sumui with more than one CBR250.  19,000 red line. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The engine sound in the video starts about 0:39 

Fond memories of my old Kawasaki RD-350.   Total screamer!   15,000 RPM, lift the front wheel: in 3rd.

49 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

You can get sym here.  I don't understand why not just buy an nmax decent bike with good price.  Better than the aerox.  Otherwise go up to a forza or sym.

With bikes there is often no such thing as a "better" bike. What is better? A SuperSport bike or a chopper? There is no "better". And the same applies obviously also for other bikes.

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

BG-1.jpg?fit=1024,735

Unless you have a fat ass, agree it's a blast to ride. I had one. Maybe the Yamaha Exciter if the rider is larger.

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I know the Yamaha RD 350. Was there also a Kawasaki with that model number?

In 1986 I had the Yamaha RD350 YPVS in Marlbough Racing colours. Fantastic bike, fun all the way and lucky to still be alive. Good memories.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone

i dont like manual speed motorbike at all, i only targeting a automatic scooter like i use here in Europe everyday, that fit my need

i was looking at SYM there in Thailand but unfortunatly, the model they have seems  to be outdated ( the old MaxSym and the GTS 300 ) i was more thinking about a Cruisym https://www.symfrance.com/fr/models/cruisym-a-125-euro-5.html  but not aviable right  now in Thailand

About KYMCO i was looking at the DOWNTOWN, but  i canot find any KYMCO official dealer in Phuket  / or Thai so you right about maintenance and spare pieces

https://www.kymco.fr/fr/scooters/125/202-downtown-125i-abs  feel free to let me know if you have link to Kymco shops in Thailand

Nmax is nice, but a bit small for my height 190cm and 100kg So maybe i should buy a bigger model like Forza 350 or Xmax 300

The Burgman 200 look nice too, but Suzuki stop to produce it this year so will be tuff to resale it in futur

Edited by coollife99
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 7:20 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

BG-1.jpg?fit=1024,735

My idea of hell - a "scooter" with no storage and with a clutch / gears - dreadful in the traffic  .....

THe Honda ADV 150 is the king of the small scooters, don't waste your money buying anything else .....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, piston broke said:

My idea of hell - a "scooter" with no storage and with a clutch / gears - dreadful in the traffic  .....

If you think the Raider is dreadful in traffic then you do something wrong. It's small and powerful and fun. Just try it!

And for someone who uses clutch and gears since forever you don't even notice using them. But then again I don't use my mobile phone on my bike. If I would do that then I guess that's easier without clutch...

• Like 1