PM Has 2nd COVID-19 Vaccine Jab

webfact

12 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Totally agree that it will take years to prove beyond reasonable doubt that all these vaccine's are safe. Having said that techniques used to develope several of the vaccine's has been around for many years and are well understood and safe.

Unfortunately, there are still many people who want to politicize that a certain vaccine is 'no good' just because it came from a country they hate.

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

The UK gap was 3 weeks initially and was extended to 12 weeks to get more first jabs done. That has now been reduced to 8 weeks. This is for both AZ and Pfizer and it has been found that AZ particularly is more effective with > 3 week gap. This after a mere 38 million have been done (not expected to be, will be or hope to be but real jabs)

That is for the common people and not VVIP like the prime minister. Surely they can reserve just one vial for VVIP.

Like what I said 3 weeks .

Edited by EricTh

Just yesterday Pinocchio stated the AZ produced here is running behind schedule in production.  Pinocchio got his 2nd jab just before he announced the slow down.  I would wager a guess the entire Senate got their jabs as well ... 

16 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Unfortunately, there are still many people who want to politicize that a certain vaccine is 'no good' just because it came from a country they hate.

True. If I were offered the Sinovac shot I'd accept without hesitation....just wish I had the option of receiving even that one right now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Supply?

Yes, it's reported today in BangkokPost that the main reason is the issue of short supply. 

This is a common complaint from other countries in EU.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

this is from Vox so the Sputnik and NovaVax is more likely to be underrated than overrated.

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 12.35.48.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 12.43.31.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 12.43.15.png

Edited by KKr

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

True. If I were offered the Sinovac shot I'd accept without hesitation....just wish I had the option of receiving even that one right now.

Sinovac use a proven technology i.e. inactivated virus for many decades but has been demonized by certain quarters for political reasons.

However, Sinovac isn't recognized yet in western countries, however, there is news that it might be approved by WHO by the end of this month.

Just now, KKr said:

this is from Vox so the Sputnik and NovaVax is more likely to be underrated than overrated.

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 12.35.48.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 12.43.31.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 12.43.15.png

I wouldn't look too much into these 'efficacy' reports as the company who pays the most usually get the most favorable report. I look more into the long-term side effects which they dare not report.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I wouldn't look too much into these 'efficacy' reports as the company who pays the most usually get the most favorable report. I look more into the long-term side effects which they dare not report.

long-covid is indeed underreported upon

He is safe. He will now live to be over 100 years old.

Long live Gen. Prayuth!

Gen Prayut asked general people to have confidence in the efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccines that his government procured, saying concerned officials carefully evaluated them and monitored the conditions of vaccine recipients.

Mr.Yong Poovorawan and the other testimonials are just repeating the chants of Western circles, without even accepting a debate.

(Honestly, I don't know if there is anyone in Thailand who can stand a debate, or are they all conformed to this scientific cult of not questioning what others say).

Edited by zhounan

23 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK, May 24 (TNA) – Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha received his second jab of the COVID-19 vaccine from AstraZeneca at the Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute

I see they’ve trimmed the picture to take out Anutin. So the PM has had the AZ, so what did Anutin have. ???? These people are despicable. They are the 

“I’m alright jack brigade”, so f*^k the rest of you peasants.

22 hours ago, EricTh said:

Because at that time, Sinovac wasn't recommended for those above 60 years old and he's 66 years old.

One shouldn't mix two different technologies because we don't know the side effects and effectiveness of mixing.

Astrazeneca and Sinovac both use different technologies.

The second shot should be taken 2-3 weeks after first shot so why is he taking it after 2 months?

For second shot from AZ when they started vaccinating it was set at 4 weeks but then they found out by waiting much longer the immunity was much higher so now they inject in Europe after 12 weeks.

But for the new varriants like the Indian one UK finished full test for AZ and pfizer and found that after 1st shot immnity was only 33% so it is a must to get the 2nd shot so UK reduced the time from 12 to 8 weeks

Now here in Thailand, even after till test results came out, the government  just said to wait 16 weeks for second shot of AZ. Totally insane they act.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/government-adjusts-timing-of-second-dose-as-hospitals-run-low-on-astrazeneca

Covid: Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs work against Indian variant - study
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57214596

32 minutes ago, ericdiam said:

For second shot from AZ when they started vaccinating it was set at 4 weeks but then they found out by waiting much longer the immunity was much higher so now they inject in Europe after 12 weeks.

But for the new varriants like the Indian one UK finished full test for AZ and pfizer and found that after 1st shot immnity was only 33% so it is a must to get the 2nd shot so UK reduced the time from 12 to 8 weeks

Now here in Thailand, even after till test results came out, the government  just said to wait 16 weeks for second shot of AZ. Totally insane they act.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/government-adjusts-timing-of-second-dose-as-hospitals-run-low-on-astrazeneca

Covid: Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs work against Indian variant - study
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57214596

Then how come they reported that AZ got 95% efficacy after the first shot or are these just propaganda?

12 hours ago, Captor said:

AZ is stronger if waiting up to 12 weeks.

But all the western media that I've read said that AZ is 'highly effective' even after the first shot unlike Sinovac. So all these are just propaganda as usual?

That's why I don't give much weight to what the western media reports. I believe more in what scientists have tested vaccines during the last few decades.

It's our body immune response that is killing the virus and not the vaccine. Each one of us have different immune response just like each one of us have different food allergies and different health conditions.

The media paints as if the vaccine is the one killing the virus.

Edited by EricTh

Well in Canada there have been a few more people die from those rare blood clots, and they

had the AZ shot.  Still it is only less than a year since these vaccines have been around, so I

wonder just how rare it will be in another year for people to die from those rare blood clots?

Geezer

So no need to worry about vaccination program any more. PM and his family, the government and their families have been vaccinated. So why you complain about slow vaccination program? The gov is safe and not very interested in covid.