Soup

Susco

26 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

I too have similar problem with manufactured MSG unless used in minimal amounts.

I can appreciate it's flavor enhancing effect but in Thailand it is used as meat tenderizer and an alternative to salt in quantities that are frightening !

Agree. Soup is so easy to make at home to avoid all the chemicals. I regularly make chicken and veg, broccoli, broccoli and stilton, mushroom, pumpkin etc and it's just as tasty.

Neighbour accross the street recently opened a street food hut but we buy nothing and they are at a loss as to why lol. We watch her every day tip in half a pack of MSG, tons of salt and even sugar to her daily soup. No thanks. Fried chicken and bbq bits of pigs all done with the cheapest palm oil.

I always have a laugh when see people rave about 'healthy' Thai food.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Agree. Soup is so easy to make at home to avoid all the chemicals. I regularly make chicken and veg, broccoli, broccoli and stilton, mushroom, pumpkin etc and it's just as tasty.

Neighbour accross the street recently opened a street food hut but we buy nothing and they are at a loss as to why lol. We watch her every day tip in half a pack of MSG, tons of salt and even sugar to her daily soup. No thanks. Fried chicken and bbq bits of pigs all done with the cheapest palm oil.

I always have a laugh when see people rave about 'healthy' Thai food.

Agreed........Speaking of salt, I started cooking with pink salt instead of refined salt....Not only does pink salt taste better but I have been feeling better since I started using it.....

I think MSG main purpose is to make cheap so so food taste good....

• Thanks 1

On 5/25/2021 at 9:59 AM, redwood1 said:

Man made MSG is not safe for untold millions of people who have a bad reaction to it......And that's a fact....

What is the difference between natural and man made MSG?

Do you have any scientific evidence to substantiate your wild claims that MSG is unsafe . 

The FDA considers the addition of MSG to foods to be “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS).

Questions and Answers on Monosodium glutamate (MSG) | FDA

All MSG is the same, Ajinomoto in Thailand makes MSG from the natural fermentation  of natural sugar cane and natural cassava.

I generally serve all my food with lashings of MSG for that unique umami flavour.

Here is an interesting article about MSG!

If MSG is so bad for you, why doesn't everyone in Asia have a headache? | Food | The Guardian

15 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

What is the difference between natural and man made MSG?

Do you have any scientific evidence to substantiate your wild claims that MSG is unsafe . 

The FDA considers the addition of MSG to foods to be “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS).

Questions and Answers on Monosodium glutamate (MSG) | FDA

All MSG is the same, Ajinomoto in Thailand makes MSG from the natural fermentation  of natural sugar cane and natural cassava.

I generally serve all my food with lashings of MSG for that unique umami flavour.

Here is an interesting article about MSG!

If MSG is so bad for you, why doesn't everyone in Asia have a headache? | Food | The Guardian

If people have a bad reaction to man-made MSG....No more research or studies or experts or scientific  FDA bla bla bla is needed....If people feel bad then they feel bad..... END OF STORY.......

I use to have a bad reaction to  flavored potato chips before I even knew what MSG was.....They put LOADS of MSG on flavored potato chips.....

And Manufactured MSG is different from natural MSG....I am just to lazy right now to dig up the info to prove my point...