Hospitals postpone Covid jabs amid delays in domestic AstraZeneca production

webfact

3 hours ago, smedly said:

surely AstraZeneca are assisting in setting up this production facility 

my guess is the delay is all about accounting and AZ are not playing ball - they are not Chinese

they must provide brown envelope

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Oh, that can't be! We are told daily from many posters about Thailand masterful, world-class Covid response. It's among the best in the world.

It is very unusual in Thailand that anything fall behind schedule as Thais are world renown for punctuality.

Oh how could there be a shortage of vaccines... we had it all under control.

one of the eastern provinces would penalize for not vaccinating. Now this can be an alternate source of income for the exchequer.. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cardinalblue said:

Some times delays are a good thing if integrity is involved....

Yeah, maybe don't run with that argument.

Government spokesperson says the locally produced vaccine sucks and it's a good thing we couldn't distribute it. But don't worry, everything is fine now.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

why do any of you take any notice of anything that is announced about the vaccines?

dont even bother reading it.

Just wait until the vaccines are actually available.

otherwise, it will just annoy you, so why bother?

Agreed. Would also help lower the BP.

But be honest, you did read the OP here, right.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, welshguy said:

Hardly a surprise to many I think.

You really have to feel for the average Thai, being very badly let down by their government, with their snail like pace of vaccines roll out.

Yes quite. The gov. are doing for vaccine news what TAT does for the tourism industry...lots of false hope then...'a big let down'. Sad.

Ahh, 13 more flip flop days between now and 7th June, life's too short to get bamboozled over Gov, "yes they will/ no they won't", daily headlines.

Playing with my dog, exercising, having a nightly Heineken is way more productive than getting grey hair over this nonsense.

AZ is being manufactured here in Bangkok, hence it will be in our arms sooner or later. Stay safe folks!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Sure there will be a minister or Czar along soon  to reinforce the importance of registration for the now very common placebo vaccine of fresh air available from any government minister in huge abundance ????

At a price!

Millions of Thais over 60 are registered with vaccination services and expecting their shots in May. With the latest developments, there are no promises as to when they will get it.

Well, with 7 days left in May, that would be the first correct statement in a while.

I wonder how many more covid-related deaths there will be purely due to the government delay in supplying the vaccine.

I would guess soon it will take over from traffic fatalities as a major source of death.

I'm sure that's not their plan is it - less population therefore less vaccine required?

<For the hard-of-learning: The text above may contain traces of sarcasm>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

why do any of you take any notice of anything that is announced about the vaccines?

dont even bother reading it.

Just wait until the vaccines are actually available.

otherwise, it will just annoy you, so why bother?

Yes, that's really about the size if it.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Half of nothing is still nothing.  So again where are the vaccines they are using coming from Again?

Probably they are producing lots of them but exporting is more beneficial than giving vaccines free of charge to own people.

• Like 2