Hospitals postpone Covid jabs amid delays in domestic AstraZeneca production

webfact

4 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

My issue is that I have heard very little about the production from Siam Bioscience.  Has it been tested on people here in Thailand?  And if there are issues why the big announcements concerning registration on 7-June.  So I am not surprised.  It is difficult for any factory to ramp up production.  But I would really like to plan out what to do.  I was going for the AstraZeneca sooner then the Pfizer or Moderna via private hospital maybe in December.  But maybe I should just go back to the US and get this done properly.  I just don't know what the truth is.

The 'truth is ' .you will be continually lied to in Thailand on this . ..... I mean  you have up to now ..

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Second AZ dose 'after 16 weeks

So first dose in July and second dose in October??  Interesting?  Pfizer, 2 doses 21 days apart.  Moderna, 2 does 28 days apart.  J&J, one dose.  Anyway,TIT.

Meanwhile, the UK has shortened the time for the second dose from 12 weeks to 8 weeks to give better protection against the variants discovered in India and S. Africa that have now been discovered in Thailand

I hope we are not sitting on a ticking time-bomb.

Edited by petedk
  • Like 1

"The report did not give details on the shortfall. Representatives of Siam Bioscience were not available for comment"

this is very unusual, normally they love standard phrases like "a total misunderstanding" "a misconception of the other partner", "driving on an unknown road with fog coming up", "unexpected break failure"  etc.

2 hours ago, mfd101 said:

So, Sinovac it is. As the experts keep telling us, any vac is better than none. The risk to your well-being from the disease is far far far greater than the risk to your well-being from any vac.

Thank you benevolent Chinese Communist Party guvamint. We look forward to doing more business in the future.

I think it is down to some back alley vaccine shot at Soi Cowboy; "Hey, Farang, you! you! have vaccine China, vely good! you take! 10,000 Baht!".

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually, I believe it's Astra Zeneca, not Siam Bioscence, that is contractually obliged to provide the vaccines. That said, it did fail to live up to its contract with the EU so there's that.

Can contracts be injected?

Asking for a lawyer friend.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually, I believe it's Astra Zeneca, not Siam Bioscence, that is contractually obliged to provide the vaccines. That said, it did fail to live up to its contract with the EU so there's that.

EDIT just read the full article I stand corrected thanks

Edited by Bkk Brian

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

It would be a shame if they broke the terms of their contract and it was terminated for some reason.

Like denying vaccines to foreigners or something like that.

Something like that would be a real shame.

They are committed to procuring the vaccine from other sources if they can't deliver. The trouble with that is that all the other suppliers almost certainly have orders for  their full production and Thailand will be last in the queue.

34 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

My issue is that I have heard very little about the production from Siam Bioscience.  Has it been tested on people here in Thailand?  And if there are issues why the big announcements concerning registration on 7-June.  So I am not surprised.  It is difficult for any factory to ramp up production.  But I would really like to plan out what to do.  I was going for the AstraZeneca sooner then the Pfizer or Moderna via private hospital maybe in December.  But maybe I should just go back to the US and get this done properly.  I just don't know what the truth is.

It's all over the news, but mostly in Thai.  They're working in conjunction with AZ.  With them helping to certify everything is up to snuff.

I kinda felt this was coming.  So we gave up and are headed back in a few weeks for the Pfizer jab.  It's good with the Indian variant, which will become prominent here shortly.  AZ's not so good with this variant.

Crazy times!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Oh, that can't be! We are told daily from many posters about Thailand masterful, world-class Covid response. It's among the best in the world.

It is very unusual in Thailand that anything fall behind schedule as Thais are world renown for punctuality.

Why are we not surprised? Put Popeye in charge of health dept cant do worse.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thailands contract was with Siam Bioscience

No, the contract is with AZ.

SB is just an AZ manufacturing facility that happens to be located in Thailand - not owned or controlled by Thailand. SB has no direct relationship with Customers.

AZ are contractually bound to provide vaccines regardless of manufacturing facility.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ukrules said:

It would be a shame if they broke the terms of their contract and it was terminated for some reason.

Like denying vaccines to foreigners or something like that.

Something like that would be a real shame.

If you live in Thailand you can obviously see that they don't even honour their commitment to the WTO.

Thailand, is a member of the World Trade Organization. National treatment is an integral part of many [World Trade Organization](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Organization) agreements. It requires equal treatment of [foreigners](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_(law)) and locals.  Under national treatment, a [state](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_state) that grants particular rights, benefits or privileges to its own [citizens](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen) must also grant those advantages to the citizens of other states while they are in that country.Together with the [most favoured nation](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_favoured_nation) principle, national treatment is one of the cornerstones of WTO trade  law.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_treatment

• Like 1

Oh, that can't be! We are told daily from many posters about Thailand masterful, world-class Covid response. It's among the best in the world.

It is very unusual in Thailand that anything fall behind schedule as Thais are world renown for punctuality.

A veritable hub of punctuality

I don't think so.

Everyone but the Government thought what a great idea to have one factory make all the vaccines.  

Whoever is in charge of this complete screw up costing people's lives should be assigned to an inactive post immediately!

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I am wondering when they have enough of this incompetent Government

I thought they have been showing their displeasure for more than a year already, only problem is that is government has access to a large weapon arsenal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Em150 said:

Yep, nowt wrong with Sinovac. Better to have some protection than none and so far, there havent been any reports of negative reactions to it. Unlike some if the other brands out there

If the Sinovac is weaker than the others then I guess the reactions will be too. 

And now all the registration cancellations and "foreigners to the end of the line" edicts are explained.

Someone put all their eggs in one basket and it's coming back to haunt them. 

5 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

In other news it has been highlighted that no one has seen the contract and there are questions over the transparency of the details.

Anutin has lied about everything else so why would you believe him when he says this about the contract? It is just words from a stone faced liars mouth. Show us the contract and put it out of doubt.

All the news reports I've seen re contract say that Siam Bioscience has a contract to produce vaccines for Astra Zeneca to distribute in SE Asia.