Thailand Says Its Tourism Sector May Not Recover Until 2026

webfact

On 5/25/2021 at 3:50 PM, steevjee said:

Why would you stagnate? freedom to travel anywhere in Australia and NZ and if you have good reason you can get permission to return to Thailand, so old mate I seriously dont get why you choose to put down Australia ????

It's called experience, I've been all over Australia and New Zealand, I don't need a repeat.

I got raped by the family law system in Australia - twice. I don't need a repeat of that either.

I enjoy myself here, I have a Thai GF who is 23 years younger than me, and I live very comfortably on a part pension and investment income. In Australia, no one of that age difference would give me a second look. I'll be taken care of here, not shoved into the cesspool of profit they call aged care in Australia.

Get real, SA has just closed the border to Victoria due to another cluster. So anyone from SA wanting to go home, if they don't have friends in Victoria, is shelling out a minimum of $100 a night for a hotel or motel while they wait for the authorities to sound the all clear. You call that freedom to travel?

So I'm supposed to humbly submit my application to return to Thailand, and wait on the decision of some invisible government servant as to whether I have good reason to travel here?

I could probably come up with another 50 reasons why I am so much better off here, but I won't bother. Enjoy your nanny state, and don't forget to pay your car registration.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2021 at 8:04 PM, jmcet said:

With statements like that you expose your ignorance 

Far from it. In fact I clearly state I lack the ignorance that allowed buffoons like Trump to acquire a position of power.

It's been well established that Trump supporters and conspiracy theorists come from a similar background; people with little education and/or a very low IQ.

Take conspiracy theorists for example... I've met many traveling around the world and yet, what a surprise, I still haven't met a single one who had completed a post-secondary degree. Not one (and if there are some I haven't met, well, their degree was undeserved)

Education matters my friend, it allows us to tell the difference between science and selfish lies propagated by egotistic wannabe-tyrants.

It is sad that many uneducated people are choosing to rebel against academia and the scientific community, out of ignorance and fear, by voting for oafs that can barely spell their own name and who'd trample their supporters in the mud to put their greedy, grubby mitts on more money, and another sign of the approaching end of the world, but it's the way it is I guess.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 7:01 AM, Paul Henry said:

There wouldn't be an unemployment problem in Thailand if Thais were not afraid to work. Send home the millions of migrant workers and have Thais do the work. Problem solved.

Might help with the Covid situation  too......

(a bit late now).

Edited by jacko45k

On 5/25/2021 at 10:49 PM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Just watched a news story, from Memphis Tennessee that showed many people at some music

places,  like the Grand Old Opry no masks and full crowds. The comments were that in that area, the amount of vaccinated people

are not a very large percentage.  I expect to hear of some sort of spike in the next 2 weeks, and will not be surprised to

hear of some places that have full hospital ICUs again.  YUP the Great Americans, have gotten tired of this boring pandemic.

Stayed tuned.

Geezer

Well Geezer, that will be their problem.  

Of all the things we cannot change is a person who is not vaccinated who gets COVID 19 and has at best little to no symptoms or worse horrendous debilitating long-covid worse, ICU on a ventilator or in a better case from the previous, death because their lives will never be the same.

Can you imagine needing oxygen for the rest of your lives?

It's a weird disease and you just don't know how it will affect you.  It's very dangerous.  

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2021 at 3:14 AM, Niteowl45 said:

Far from it. In fact I clearly state I lack the ignorance that allowed buffoons like Trump to acquire a position of power.

It's been well established that Trump supporters and conspiracy theorists come from a similar background; people with little education and/or a very low IQ.

Take conspiracy theorists for example... I've met many traveling around the world and yet, what a surprise, I still haven't met a single one who had completed a post-secondary degree. Not one (and if there are some I haven't met, well, their degree was undeserved)

Education matters my friend, it allows us to tell the difference between science and selfish lies propagated by egotistic wannabe-tyrants.

It is sad that many uneducated people are choosing to rebel against academia and the scientific community, out of ignorance and fear, by voting for oafs that can barely spell their own name and who'd trample their supporters in the mud to put their greedy, grubby mitts on more money, and another sign of the approaching end of the world, but it's the way it is I guess.

Surely you jest. Follow the science? Ask Dr. Fauci about the science, follow the money there. Oh, by the way why don't you ask him about conspiracy theories while you are at it.   

• Sad 1

On 5/25/2021 at 6:49 AM, Poet said:

To have any sort of high season this year, Thailand should announce during June that, from the second half of the year (July 1st), the doors are wide open to fully-vaccinated tourists who arrive on planes carrying only fully-vaccinated passengers and crew

Dont ever consider being a public official.  It is obvious that you are not qualified.  You make too much common sense to ever be in government. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2021 at 6:40 AM, ICELANDMAN said:

This prediction is realistic and perhaps not yet enough, but the tourist infrastructure must also be considered, which will be abandoned or modified, so in a few years the current tourist infrastructure will be doomed to disappear in large part.

No, don't think so. It will eventually come back at the same standards but will be a lot more expensive.  All the lost money will have to be 're-made' on top of the new profits. It's a mind set thing.

Back in 97 when the baht fell local prices for tourists in many areas went up in baht cost because we got more baht for our currencies.

Edited by overherebc

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

No, don't think so. It will eventually come back at the same standards but will be a lot more expensive.  All the lost money will have to be 're-made' on top of the new profits. It's a mind set thing.

Back in 97 when the baht fell local prices for tourists in many areas went up in baht cost because we got more baht for our currencies.

So do you think the 40 million tourists will return?