Travelling to Surin

fulhamster

A friend of mine travelled from Bangkok to Surin by bus  on Apr. 24.  To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed since then.  The only thing out of the ordinary was that as he left the bus, he was asked to provide his name and phone number.  Presumably this was so he could be notified if any of his fellow passengers became Covid positive.

There was no requirement, or even a suggestion that he self-quarantine.

27 minutes ago, allane said:

A friend of mine travelled from Bangkok to Surin by bus  on Apr. 24.  To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed since then.  The only thing out of the ordinary was that as he left the bus, he was asked to provide his name and phone number.  Presumably this was so he could be notified if any of his fellow passengers became Covid positive.

There was no requirement, or even a suggestion that he self-quarantine.

Thanks, that seems the usual requirement.

So perhaps there are checkpoints on roads to collect car passenger info ?

I am also going up to Surin next week from Bangkok, will come out of quarantine and go directly to Surin.

My wife has checked with the Pu Yai Bann and there is no problem going home and no more quarantine to do as I will have just finished quarantine in Bangkok.

I have also asked at the hotel I am doing ASQ and they say there is no restrictions that they can find for me to go to Surin.

FD

• Like 1

We have Bangkok license plates, which is a Dark Red Zone.  Just drove past Surin to Si Sa Ket and back a few days ago.  No issues.  Only check points were to cite speeders.  Do watch your speed - portions of Route 24 are posted at 90 kph and that appears to be enforced.  (All about income; not traffic safety.)  Most of Route 24 is 4-lane divided highway in excellent condition.  Some construction areas.  Traffic was very light.  Were able to eat in restaurants during the whole trip.

Can't comment about conditions leaving or reentering Chonburi.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rawairat said:

Girl friend went her village in Surin province and was supposed to home quarantine for 2 weeks, apparently it's very laxed no checkup. She is allowed to go shopping for food alone.

Yes people are trusting eachother much more here in Thailand then we do in our western countries and rightly so, at least when it comes to Covid-protections

glegolo

3 days ago my wife's brother drove from Kanchanaburi to Surin to relocate a neighbours family back to their home town.

This is a 10 hour drive each way. I don't know what route he took but no checkpoints all the way.

He stayed one night then drove back home no issues.

My wife was a bit upset at him going and told the village chief. When he got back the poo yai was a bit upset he had not notified him, but did not ask him to self isolate.

• 4 months later...

Good day all

Does anyone have any recent news on travel thru TLand to destination Surin?

We are wanting to drive there from Rayong - and I would like to go this month if possible, just not sure of the situation with checkpoints, restrictions etc.

Our status is one long time expat, one Surin resident, both with no vaxx. We have been in Thailand since Feb 2020 (returned from trip then)

Any input greatly appreciated.

Cheers