Pattaya City to propose “Pattaya Move On” tourism scheme to Thai Covid Center to welcome vaccinated foreigners without quarantine by October

webfact

Why? Are vaccinated foreigners more immune and less transmittable in October than they are now? There are also talks about boosters 6 months after the vaccine which would fall for many in October? Pretty convenient where as if you now don't have a booster.....

• Like 1

Pattaya Plans to Reopen to Foreign Tourists in Fourth Quarter

By Paphamon Arayasukawat

d2c7c6b8a77a5d436fcfb32f87f3a591_small.jpg

CHONBURI (NNT) - Pattaya plans to welcome back foreign tourists, without quarantine requirements, in the fourth quarter of this year and seeks more COVID-19 vaccine doses to cover at least 70% of local residents.

Pattaya mayor Sontaya Kunplome said, under the "Pattaya, Move on" project, that foreign tourists who have received two vaccine doses will be allowed to enter Pattaya without the need to quarantine for 14 days, though they must stay in Bang Lamung and Sattahip districts for seven days before traveling elsewhere.

He said tourists must come from countries considered low risk by the Public Health Ministry, and they must receive vaccines, endorsed by their countries, no more than one year before travel to Pattaya.

The mayor added that the "Pattaya, Move on" project will be implemented under standard operating procedures for international arrivals, such as COVID-19 testing and guidelines for sealed routes. The proposals will be presented to the Public Health Ministry, before being forwarded to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration for approval next month.

nnt.jpg

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said tourists must come from countries considered low risk by the Public Health Ministry, and they must receive vaccines, endorsed by their countries, no more than one year before travel to Pattaya.

I wonder how long these vaccine orders are going to stay in place - is it going to be forever ? Forced vaccine jabs every year ? It's getting silly - what happens if you vaccine dates run out when on holiday - could you be barred from the flight home ? 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said tourists must come from countries considered low risk by the Public Health Ministry

Be careful what you wish for, UK apparently has 109 cases of a new Thai covid strain. This could lead to borders being shut for Thai tourists as Thailand would be seen as an  even higher risk !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

CHONBURI (NNT) - Pattaya plans to welcome back foreign tourists, without quarantine requirements, in the fourth quarter of this year and seeks more COVID-19 vaccine doses to cover at least 70% of local residents.

Give it a rest please.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

so no tourists will come

So is the Pattaya airport going fully International? The elephant in the room is that it is the Bangkok Swampy airport that

is the International airport that Pattaya will rely on. If no International tourists fly into Bangkok, or Chiang Mai or Phuket

then the country will not be opening up.  If most people of most countries are still trying to keep their jobs, and houses and mortgages

that had some time off when the COVID was making a lot of businesses close, well there will be a lot less people

travelling even when a lot of the world has had their vaccines and are thinking of the future.  The retired gang of old people

and the regular rich will be the ones who will be able to travel and explore a part of the world that they have not been able to

due to COVID.  I wonder how many will be leaping at the chance to go to China, India, or Brazil, soon?  Not me for sure.

Geezer

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I wonder how long these vaccine orders are going to stay in place - is it going to be forever ? Forced vaccine jabs every year ? It's getting silly - what happens if you vaccine dates run out when on holiday - could you be barred from the flight home ? 

It has been suggested that we're going to need annual Covid booster jabs anyway so that's not so outlandish a suggestion!

IMO, this Pattaya idea is outlandish ....sadly, as I'd love to be able to plan my return for next winter, however.........

Edited by VBF

Chonburi does have its own airport U Tapao just like Phuket so let us have our vaccines. We also have experience stopping the Bangkok hoardes at Bang Saen. Bit worried about the Thai strain of Wuflu as Wufluland tried to pin their worldwide pandemic credentials on Thailand claiming Wuhan holiday makers in Thailand took Wuflu back to Wuhan! Mr Mayor tell us when the Pattaya Move On App will be ready?

Edited by chilly07

11 minutes ago, VBF said:

It has been suggested that we're going to need annual Covid booster jabs anyway so that's not so outlandish a suggestion!

IMO, this Pattaya idea is outlandish ....sadly, as I'd love to be able to plan my return for next winter, however.........

You're proposing basically banning people from world flights unless vaccinated and creating a two tier system - I cannot see that happening over the long term - though possibly short term only. It has to get back to normal sooner rather than later without vaccines. Imagine airlines and immigrations checking billions of vaccine records - its not going to happen

53 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Imagine airlines and immigrations checking billions of vaccine records - its not going to happen

Yes imagine them checking billions of passports and Visas......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VBF said:

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

You're proposing basically banning people from world flights unless vaccinated and creating a two tier system - I cannot see that happening over the long term - though possibly short term only. It has to get back to normal sooner rather than later without vaccines. Imagine airlines and immigrations checking billions of vaccine records - its not going to happen

Actually they have been doing this for years in Africa.

It would not be possible to enter certain African countries unless you had proof of yellow fever vaccination.

I don't think it would be a problem if EU, SA, NA, SEA, etc would have their own vaccine passport/app.

Maybe someone would call it Totalitarianism - but I would be happy to give some "freedom" to make sure there were no anti-vaxxers  on my plane.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LesserEvil said:

How many is that then, please give the numbers of those who have died exclusively of Covid in the UK.

There is some indication here.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/covid19deathsunder70withnounderlyinghealthconditionswherethedeceasedhadtestedpositive?:uri=aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/covid19deathsunder70withnounderlyinghealthconditionswherethedeceasedhadtestedpositive

"There was a total of 9400 deaths in 2020 that were due to COVID-19 and were recorded without any pre-existing conditions. Of the 9400 deaths, 1549 deaths were registered for people aged between 1-64."

Off topic and misleading posts have been removed, topic is about:

Pattaya City to propose “Pattaya Move On” tourism scheme to Thai Covid Center to welcome vaccinated foreigners without quarantine by October

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

- what happens if you vaccine dates run out when on holiday - could you be barred from the flight home ? 

Simple. You won't be allowed on the flight in the first place, just like you won't be allowed on if your passport has less than 6 months to go until expiration date.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Chonburi does have its own airport U Tapao

It is only just in Chonburi and far closer to Rayong City, might as well call it Ban Chang Airport and move Pattaya there.

• Like 1