Phuket Sandbox starts on July 1: TAT

webfact

Another confirmation it will go ahead. I am convinced it will go, but I also really would like details, like will hotel stay be compulsory, will travel through BKK be allowed.

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Another confirmation it will go ahead. I am convinced it will go, but I also really would like details, like will hotel stay be compulsory, will travel through BKK be allowed.

Excellent news....  I’m looking forward to this going ahead. 

I imagine more details will come from the CCSA meeting on June 2nd. 

I also imagine many of the loose ends will not be cleared up until the last minute.

I have a practical question about the sandbox.

Let’s say I fly into Phuket on international business class, along with my 65 kg baggage.

After a week, I want to fly to BKK with my 65 kg baggage. But there are no business class flights from Phuket to BKK. So how do I get my bags to BKK?

for the jokers here, I could fly Business Class HKT-SIN-BKK, but that would mean 14 days of quarantine upon arrival in BKK.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

Which airline flying into Phuket in Business class allows 65kg of luggage without additional surcharge ? None,  so your your starting point statement of a "practical question" is non sensical anyway so hence this  is just a deflective post.

Not even that, his post was just showing off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Excel said:

Which airline flying into Phuket in Business class allows 65kg of luggage without additional surcharge ? None,  so your your starting point statement of a "practical question" is non sensical anyway so hence this  is just a deflective post.

Singapore Airlines.

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I just flew into BKK with 2 bags at 32 kg apiece, the airline told me I could have carried a 3rd bag.

What is the baggage allowance for Singapore Airlines business class?
Weight concept
Class of travel Allowance KrisFlyer Elite Gold / Star Alliance Gold members
Business Class 40kg Extra 20kg Total: 60kg

8 minutes ago, Excel said:
What is the baggage allowance for Singapore Airlines business class?
Weight concept
Class of travel Allowance KrisFlyer Elite Gold / Star Alliance Gold members
Business Class 40kg Extra 20kg Total: 60kg

I am Star Alliance Gold, so my issue is getting my baggage to BKK after a week in Phuket.

016E95C2-9943-43B1-9182-4C83A2F22EA3.jpeg

Edited by Danderman123

8 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I just flew into BKK with 2 bags at 32 kg apiece, the airline told me I could have carried a 3rd bag.

You state you just flew in. Yet 3  weeks ago you posted that you were in ASQ Bangkok so exactly what is the truth ? Also your deflective non sensical post was on the believe you were flying into Phuket, not BKK with 65kg of luggage. ????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

You state you just flew in. Yet 3  weeks ago you posted that you were in ASQ Bangkok so exactly what is the truth ? Also your deflective non sensical post was on the believe you were flying into Phuket, not BKK with 65kg of luggage. ????????????????????????????????

I flew into BKK with 60+ kg baggage about 3 weeks ago. I have to go back to the US in July, and plan to return to Phuket with 60 kg baggage. How to get it from Phuket to BKK is my issue.

12 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I flew into BKK with 60+ kg baggage about 3 weeks ago. I have to go back to the US in July, and plan to return to Phuket with 60 kg baggage. How to get it from Phuket to BKK is my issue.

Don't is the logical choice.  So you are bringing back a further 60 kg of baggage, exactly when will you be returning from the US after you return there in July ? The so called Phuket sandbox farce is scheduled to start in July which is when you say you are returning to the US. So who know when Phuket will actually be opened up to anybody.

29 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

out of curiosity, can i ask you what are you carrying around with you?

60 kg is a lot, particularly in a country where you can basically wear all

days a pair of flip-flops, a short and a t-shirt and all the usual stuff you

have to use for your daily life is pretty cheap here

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

after 7 days on Phuket you are Free... its in the artikel ???? 

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I have a practical question about the sandbox.

Let’s say I fly into Phuket on international business class, along with my 65 kg baggage.

I thought this was about tourists?  They don't drag bags of junk along with them.

• Haha 1

I am Star Alliance Gold, so my issue is getting my baggage to BKK after a week in Phuket.

016E95C2-9943-43B1-9182-4C83A2F22EA3.jpeg

send it up thru the PO or on the bus to bangkok
not exactly hard to figure out

There is a report in Thaiger today that they are considering a "one dollar, one night" promo for hotel rooms in Phuket. Use the money saved on hotel bill to pay for excess baggage ????. Else there is no solution to your issue at the moment, and a good question.