Pattaya: Warning to motorcyclists about spate of bike thefts

webfact

5pm1.jpg

PIcture: Naew Na

Naew Na warned motorcyclists in Pattaya to lock their vehicles after what they said - without providing much evidence - was a spate of bike thefts. 

They relied mainly on a Mr Mayusee, 35, who had his Honda Wave 125 stolen at 4 am on Wednesday from outside an apartment in Bang Lamung.

CCTV revealed a sturdy individual and a thin fellow on a bike who propelled the larger chap away by using the back footrest. 

Mayusee who works in a Pattaya mall said this was a double whammy after the trouble caused by the pandemic. 

Without providing evidence Naew Na said there had been a spate of thefts. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-29

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

"CCTV revealed a sturdy individual and a thin fellow on a bike who propelled the larger chap away by using the back footrest"

That duo sounds like the guys who stole a bike from my old guesthouse 18 months ago, police did nothing even though had CCTV

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

CCTV revealed a sturdy individual and a thin fellow on a bike who propelled the larger chap away by using the back footrest.

Laurel and Hardy have really let themselves go.

• Haha 2

A police force might help. 

I'm deliberating a number of thefts on my mooban.  There's the farang with a look-at-me bike trying to relive his youth who comes in at 4am - he can be heard from two kilometres away.  There's a number of over-indulged Thai boys who race up and down the main soi totally ignoring the speed bumps and children playing.