Most Thais believe they can resume normal life after all get first vaccine shot – Super Poll

webfact

Just now, fondue zoo said:

The vaccine companies themselves have commented that there is not enough data to know everything about long term immunity, especially taking into consideration the mutations.

Well I guess there is hardly any data beyond 6 months.....  perhaps less, as the clock starts from the second vaccination. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Well I guess there is hardly any data beyond 6 months.....  perhaps less, as the clock starts from the second vaccination. 

Exactly, This is what happens when you rush a vaccine out in 6 months, normally it would be 6 years 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The opinion survey also shows:

• 94% don't particularly want the government to prioritize groups of people in high-risk areas for vaccination and to allow each province to manage its own vaccination program
  • 94% don't particularly want the government to allow the private sector to procure alternative vaccines as quickly as possible
  • 93% don't particularly want everyone to have access to the vaccines
  • 94% are not particularly confident that Thailand can reopen for economic recovery after every Thai is vaccinated with the first dose,

Well, another way of looking at the numbers presented might as above.

Asst. Prof. Dr. Noppadon Kannika, Director of the Super Poll Research Institute, said that they conducted qualitative and quantitative research on 1,051 samples between May 1st and today (Sunday) about their opinion of COVID-19 vaccinations.

well she like all the other hi-so Thai don't really see every other person as a human . "Researched on 1,051 SAMPLES ". 

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Normal life will be when the whole country has their second jab and than after 6 weeks, people can start slowly to take the normal life back. But with this slow  and delaying working Government it will take at least 2 years before things get normal again

Things will never be as they were before. Unfortunately this is optimist's dream. Maybe they can take steps to minimize future issues by "I don't know" ....actually having soap and something clean to dry your hands with in the toilets as 1 small example.

• Like 2

Before you state that 1,051 people can't represent 69 million, try reading up on statistically sampling. Until you have an opinion based on knowing something, your opinion is not worth a tin of duck-poop.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Probably are. Who is going to check them, and (allegedly) asking 1,051 people and applying their answers to 69 million people is pointless anyway. How are these people picked? Age, profession, location? Was Somchai in Nakhon Nowhere asked?

I say allegedly, because years ago I worked for a month for a company that offered property ownership time shares. I had to call people who had supposedly shown interest when stopped in the street, but in reality many of the phone numbers had simply been taken from the phone directory. Some of the people who had 'shown interest' weren't even alive. No wonder my boss was concerned when he discovered that my regular job was as a journalist.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jud Canada said:

Things will never be as they were before. Unfortunately this is optimist's dream. Maybe they can take steps to minimize future issues by "I don't know" ....actually having soap and something clean to dry your hands with in the toilets as 1 small example.

How do you wash the soap to make sure it's clean??

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Normal life will be when the whole country has their second jab and than after 6 weeks, people can start slowly to take the normal life back. But with this slow  and delaying working Government it will take at least 2 years before things get normal again

Never ever with this kind of govt. ????

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The poll also shows that 78.2% of the respondents are confident that they will be able to resume their normal life, once every Thai has received their first dose, according to Super Poll.

Keep on dreaming. 

2 hours ago, DualSportBiker said:

Before you state that 1,051 people can't represent 69 million, try reading up on statistically sampling. Until you have an opinion based on knowing something, your opinion is not worth a tin of duck-poop.

Thank you for your cultured response. I stand by what I wrote, that asking so few is pointless, no matter how they are sampled.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1

Most Thais will believe that as they walk out of the door of the vaccination center, they are now protected and can go back to doing whatever they want. I hope the medical staff try to get across it takes at least 3 weeks for any immunity to take effect

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Most Thais will believe that as they walk out of the door of the vaccination center, they are now protected and can go back to doing whatever they want. I hope the medical staff try to get across it takes at least 3 weeks for any immunity to take effect

That's why after getting vaccinated with Pfizer or Moderna in the US. They make you appointment for exactly 3 weeks later for your second shot. 14 days after second jab you are considered fully Vaccinated 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

It appears there is a lack of intelligence or information regarding the Covid vaccine people should be made aware that even with the required two vaccines there is no guarantee that you won’t catch it only that your immune system is in a better position to fight it having just the one vaccine does nothing and the PM needs to make that absolutely clear to the public 

I don't think there's any chance of that. His priority seems to be to get 70% of all Thais vaccinated, but by that he means with the first dose - he has already extended the time between the first and second doses by about 4 weeks, so the chances of 70% of the population being fully vaccinated in the next couple of months is nil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thank you for your cultured response. I stand by what I wrote, that asking so few is pointless, no matter how they are sampled.

What you wrote is a personal pinnacle of fact-free opinion. Standing by it means you are in free-fall...

7 hours ago, Dialemco said:

It is likely covid will be with us indefinitely and we will have to learn to live with after it is under control  with revacinations required every year for the most vulnerable. Tourism should resume on a much smaller scale some time next year.

You've forgotten about Influenza?