Video: Truck piles through red light into female trader in pick-up - two injured, shops destroyed

webfact

53 minutes ago, scammed said:

im guessing if she had been driving a bike, the verdict here is that she shoulda have taken evasive action and wasnt a good driver

Bike or car would make no difference. Evasive action in this case is look and don't go. Easy.

15 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Back home that would be reckless driving by the lorry and driving with undue care and attention for the pick up.

Green does not mean go. It means proceed with caution, a fact many in Thailand are blithely unaware of, and which would have saved the lady had she had the sense to check if her path was clear. Moron of the day award goes to the truck driver though, who really should get jail time for that.

In the UK a double dashed line at a junction means proceed with due caution. Red light means Stop Single amber means proceed with care if you are too close to stop safely Green means go (there is no qualification to do so with caution in the highway code) and red and amber at the same time means get ready to move off, all  drivers are taught that. I always check as I move off but it is a habit I have developed after seeing what drivers do on foreign roads, Not Thailand. If your statement was true it would slow traffic in Town centres to a crawl. Green gives unqualified Right of way in the UK People approach green lights at full speed. I believe that in the US an amber flashing light means proceed with caution same as an amber flashing light on a pelican crossing in the UK

Edited by RobU

18 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Back home that would be reckless driving by the lorry and driving with undue care and attention for the pick up.

Green does not mean go. It means proceed with caution, a fact many in Thailand are blithely unaware of, and which would have saved the lady had she had the sense to check if her path was clear. Moron of the day award goes to the truck driver though, who really should get jail time for that.

what a nonsense post, you been in road traffic enforcement, i think not, there would be no undue care and attention persecution for  going through a green light in the UK

19 hours ago, tifino said:

can't wait to view The ReEnactment!!  

- though it may need a whole new Blazing Saddles town to accomodate the stage event 

Plus a truck load of baked beans

Way past time they installed computerized traffic lights in Thailand. Like I remember in Swindon, keep to the speed limit all lights on green, go above its red. UK even had pads to count traffic in the 60s and maybe before.

Unnecessary pollution by Stopping 6 lanes of traffic so 2 cars can enter main road, so many red lights it's no wonder drivers try and jump them, Nah lets buy some subs n tanks instead. Wasted money and wasted opportunities abound in Thailand and sadly nothing will change. 

11 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

You have lights in your village?

Yes we do for all the good they do. On the junction they are on we have a busy 7-11 and next door a very popular and busy market, on the other side we have school entrance and opposite there is a Greenwing Honda franchise.

It's a deathtrap which is why I go early in the morning to buy anything. 6 Pm is chaos.

Edited by OneeyedJohn
  • Like 1