Jomtien Immigration today Jun 2nd

I've had similarly enjoyable and quick visits to Jomtien Immigration also. I never go on a Monday or a Friday, and if you go in the morning for your Retirement Visa you can sometimes get it back that same day. But the key to having no long lines is to go in the early afternoon. After all the anxious people get there early morning because they were worried. This office is great! Not so for many others around the country though.

• Like 1

I had a completely other experience but I went there for the covid extension and not a 90 days report.

As I saw the 90 days reporters get prioritiezed and can skip the line when an officer comes and asks who wants to do the 90 days reports. For those who make the covid extension I recommend to go a few days if not a week in advance to be sure to even get the possibility to enter the office.

Edited by kaneko86
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, chilly07 said:

I went to Jomtien yesterday just after lunch for a residency certificate. There was a long queue outside but mainly for Wuflu extensions. Got my photos and went straight inside and first at window 9. So far so good. "Where is your house book" Last time you did this you didn't want house book as my name is not on it and I had just done a 90 day? (DLT wouldn't honor the appointment my wife made)

V irate wife left me sitting in front of window 9 whilst she went home for house book. Seeing me sitting there another officer reviewed my paperwork told me they have my address and gave me a queue nos and said get your wife to pay the 300bht when she comes back to collect the cert so I could go sit in the restaurant. Wife comes back even more irate to see me in restaurant. Go back inside and wife pays 300bht and we go back to restaurant.  Officer runs after us and claims the house book copies.  (To me passport and house book sound the same when Thais say it) After meal wife collects cert and fumes all the way home. "All happened because you lazy" And they didn't return 4 passport photos out of the 6 I gave them. They must like them! Today we went to driving school next to DLT to get licence but they forgot it was the Queens birthday so DLT was shut. Nice to have wife shouting at someone other than me. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow. 

I used to have a Thai wife like that.

• Thanks 1

Yes, the place was crowded, but immigration and reports are much more important than the peoples health, does the self elected "PM" not know there is a Chinese virus on the loose? He just doesn't care.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ehs818 said:

I've had similarly enjoyable and quick visits to Jomtien Immigration also. I never go on a Monday or a Friday, and if you go in the morning for your Retirement Visa you can sometimes get it back that same day. But the key to having no long lines is to go in the early afternoon. After all the anxious people get there early morning because they were worried. This office is great! Not so for many others around the country though.

"After all the anxious people get there early morning because they were worried."  Gees! the "scared of your own shadow" brigades membership is sure increasing.

• Haha 1