Work Permit Syphilis Blood Test Needed in Bangkok?

33 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I have had blood test every time. Its such a minor inconvenience, that i prefer to just do it rather than have a potential issue later.  Even the doctors admit having a test for tertiary syphilis is very strange, they dont really understand what, why they specifically have to test for that, but hey ho it is what it is.

Ask the doc why he thinks they have to test for it next time.  

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

I did, they said no idea- if you have tertiary syphilis it would be fairly evident.

They don't have to test for it.  It's the hospital or clinics decision to require the test.  

1 minute ago, ricklev said:

They don't have to test for it.  It's the hospital or clinics decision to require the test.  

My work always told me to get the test, as did the lawyer. As i said originally its such a nothing issue that i just get it done regardless. The inconvenience of getting it done is far less than on the off chance having to go back to the hospital a 2nd time should it be flagged.

On 6/4/2021 at 7:53 AM, ricklev said:

In the past the work permit tertiary stage syphilis blood test was not required in Bangkok except for immigrant workers from neighboring countries.  All that was required was the docs signature on the form.

The hospitals and clinics saying it was a requirement were mostly just scamming extra fees.  I still wonder what the true situation is.  Maybe MedConsult had some forms refused.

Never had a medical for my (BOI) work permit in Bangkok for years.

In Narathiwat it's required. I'm not even sure if they test your blood for any other reason when going for your WP health check.

It (i.e. the health certificate) used to be in the 500-550 baht area, blood test included.

17 hours ago, MarcelV said:

In Narathiwat it's required. I'm not even sure if they test your blood for any other reason when going for your WP health check.

It (i.e. the health certificate) used to be in the 500-550 baht area, blood test included.

Here in Ubon Ratchathani I recently got my health certificate for the work permit. This was done at UbonRak Thonburi private hospital and the total cost, including the lab test and pathology for syphilis, was 250 baht. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 10:37 AM, BangnaBound said:

I did my work permit medical certificate at MedConsult in April. The syphilis test is pretty much manditory as there has been a government crack down, but they uses one of those instant kits where they draw blood from your figure tip. I found it completely painless and quick, they do it right there at the office. I think it was an extra 300 for the test, but don't quote me on that.

I did my work permit last February. No blood test required.

Bumrungrad Hospital about 600 baht. 

• Confused 1