And this is why I left Australia…

46 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Sadly its not just Oz, the way "civilised" societies generally are evolving I am glad I wont be around.

The place, the times and the people  are all consigned to history and fond memories of a by gone era.Sad but true.

Yep. I'm just glad I had my day when I did. I hate myself for saying his but I wished I'd never had kids, have really tied myself up. Enough ag just worrying about and looking after yourself these days.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Excel said:

Yeh but that is just normal evolution. Just think how the Danes/Vikings must have felt. After a week of rowing across the North Sea they looked forward to  bit of weekend rape and picking up a few trinkets to take home. Then it was taken away from them.

Only because they ended up living there just like anyone from around the world eventually.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

So your equally concerned by the supposed  demise of a hire car firm and the invasion of your country by the Brits 200 yrs back. Lucky you weren’t around 30 mill yrs ago.

Are you an Aboriginie. ????

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Olmate said:

So your equally concerned by the supposed  demise of a hire car firm and the invasion of your country by the Brits 200 yrs back. Lucky you weren’t around 30 mill yrs ago.

Not too many First Nation people there 30 Million years ago….  Maybe the odd dinosaur or prehistoric wombat

• Like 1

Hilarious camper with the Qld plates.
The thing is T Rex it was the wowsers, do-gooders and god’s police, many of them women, that separated up those aboriginal families in the first place. Now, after the inevitable destruction that happened to those people, that same class of wowser, do-gooder and god’s policewoman are still pushing a cure, as blind as ever.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, kevvy said:

I cant wait to get back to Australia , as soon as I sell my beautiful home (half price) I am gone.I now realize that Australia is home for me .. Sure it has changed , but it is still home . Just to get good doctors is a blessing as the doctors here are so unprofessional , and give wrong diagnosis

]

Kevvy

Would it be worth going back to Oz ASAP if you have medical conditions and let your wife sell the house?

On 6/3/2021 at 5:13 PM, lapswim said:

Hilarious camper with the Qld plates.
The thing is T Rex it was the wowsers, do-gooders and god’s police, many of them women, that separated up those aboriginal families in the first place. Now, after the inevitable destruction that happened to those people, that same class of wowser, do-gooder and god’s policewoman are still pushing a cure, as blind as ever.

Gobsmacked to hear that, maybe next year we can let you leave your own country.

gobsmacked2.jpeg

On 6/25/2021 at 7:59 AM, Will27 said:

Kevvy

Would it be worth going back to Oz ASAP if you have medical conditions and let your wife sell the house?

G'Day Will

been trying for a while to sell this beautiful home . I need my wife with me as I cannot do a lot of things because of my health and I have no family in Aus. We submitted her partner visa which takes a while to get, my lawyer in Sydney said it will be fast tracked ..

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, G Rex said:

Actually the way Australia prevented its own citizens from leaving the country is scarier….  Extreme Nanny State!   

I think holding other nations citizens (dual citizens) captive is even scarier!

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, kevvy said:

We submitted her partner visa which takes a while to get, my lawyer in Sydney said it will be fast tracked ..

Good luck, sincerely. Lot of people having issues.

If you haven't been following some of the stories about people trying to enter/leave would make the coldest <deleted> on earths blood boil. One of the latest:

• Woman (Brit-Aussie dual citizen)
  • Husband died in February
  • No support in Australia
  • Selling up
  • Going back to UK permanently to live with her daughter (initially at least)
  • Exemption to leave refused

How that is possible is beyond me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I increasingly wonder if or not Australia is the prime experimental location of some strange implementation of social control and dictate.

Ideal  scenario.. Singular population/politically controlled Continent with 100% sea borders.

Ostensibly a valid democratic nation with  full voting rights  (with the exception currently to depart at own free will). IMO little difference to the Chinese /CCP  other than being politically misled by a Government willing to be a proxy antagonist on behalf of an economic protagonist that it presumes  equivalence to and adulation of !

Dingo dinner just over  the  horizon more like !

13 hours ago, Salerno said:

Good luck, sincerely. Lot of people having issues.

If you haven't been following some of the stories about people trying to enter/leave would make the coldest <deleted> on earths blood boil. One of the latest:

• Woman (Brit-Aussie dual citizen)
  • Husband died in February
  • No support in Australia
  • Selling up
  • Going back to UK permanently to live with her daughter (initially at least)
  • Exemption to leave refused

How that is possible is beyond me.

That is why we got a lawyer

25 minutes ago, kevvy said:

That is why we got a lawyer

Not sure what (other than a higher bill) a lawyer will bring to the table.

There's a guy who's already in Australia about to have open heart surgery and they refused an exemption for his wife:

This is insane and inhuman. I am waiting to have an open heart surgery and applied for my wife's inbound exemption, attached all medical test reports, 2 medical certificates from my GP and Surgeon that explains my problem and time period of recovery, bank balance to ensure that we have enough to go for quarantine at our own cost, marriage certificate, stat Dec. Every single thing that proves this is my critical condition and I need my wife with me for my recovery. Still got rejected saying apply again if the circumstances changes!!!

Edited by Salerno
  • Confused 1