And this is why I left Australia…

4 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Is that a desirable location? All I know about the place is the large port, market and slums.

He's taking the urine.

I believe Kevvy has a lovely house in Chiang Rai.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2021 at 10:42 AM, Salerno said:

Not sure what (other than a higher bill) a lawyer will bring to the table.

There's a guy who's already in Australia about to have open heart surgery and they refused an exemption for his wife:

A lawyer makes sure everything is right , I assume that you have not sen the <deleted> questions they ask you , there are hundreds of questions. And If you not get the right answer than your application is held up.I have been married to my wife for 11 years , makes it a little easier

On 6/30/2021 at 10:31 AM, Will27 said:

I hope you have a good visa agent Kevvy.

With Covid, the waiting list has blown out to nearly 2 years now.

Yes , I have a good agent .I have a special circumstances and can apply for a quicker turn around . Plus as soon as the borders open up next year we will go back and my wife will get a tourist visa , and if the permanent visa is granted we can fly to new Zealand then fly back to Aus to get the visa , as we applied for an offshore . Thanks Will

• Like 1

What's happenign is Orwellian to say the least.  Now let's look at some facts.  We are constantly hit over the head by our treatment of indigenous peoples.  Yes it is wrong to break treaties and this needs to be addressed.  However, people also need to realize that for instance in North America and elsewhere indigenous peoples were contantly at war and they constantly took lands from the  weaker.  Sound familiar.

Additionally, North American indigenous people have had their dna traced to a mix of Russian and Asian which helps to explain the larger noses and features distinct from simply Asian.  Even more ridiculous are the claims "we have always been here".

I have studied and appreciate Native culutre and sympathize with the troubles and wrongs they have endured but let's not ignore reality just because somone is spinning stories with an agenda.

Edited by tlandtday

9 minutes ago, kevvy said:

A lawyer makes sure everything is right , I assume that you have not sen the <deleted> questions they ask you , there are hundreds of questions.

Although a few years back, been there done that - without an agent let alone a lawyer. If a person feels throwing some money at someone eases the process then good on them and best of luck to them. Personally, I prefer doing things myself.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Although a few years back, been there done that - without an agent let alone a lawyer. If a person feels throwing some money at someone eases the process then good on them and best of luck to them. Personally, I prefer doing things myself.

ok

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

There is a mountain of paperwork involved and some people aren't that great with paperwork or would rather just pay someone to do it for them.

The thing is, you still have to do a lot of the leg work anyway.

I did mine myself.

Each to their own I guess.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Each to their own I guess.

100%, personally I quite enjoy this sort of thing (strange I know) which is why I do it myself. There is no right or wrong way IMO. The only reason I asked about the lawyer is I've heard a lot of people using agents, not so much lawyers so was curious what extra a lawyer would bring to the table over a visa agent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Salerno said:

100%, personally I quite enjoy this sort of thing (strange I know) which is why I do it myself. There is no right or wrong way IMO. The only reason I asked about the lawyer is I've heard a lot of people using agents, not so much lawyers so was curious what extra a lawyer would bring to the table over a visa agent.

Also, there are a lot of charlatans out there.

I've heard of one "agent" charging 30 000 Baht for a tourist visa.