Vaccination begins for inmates of Samut Prakan Central Prison

snoop1130

0ff1fb1029a412dccf34d0e4b3333c77_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - With Samut Prakan Central Prison launching vaccination project against COVID-19 for inmates, the Minister of Justice has confirmed all "white" correctional facilities will receive vaccines by next week, adding that efforts are being made to reduce congestion.

Minister of Justice Somsak Thepsutin observed the beginning of vaccinations at Samut Prakan Central Prison, which is a "white" prison that has not detected any COVID-19 infections so far. Authorities are to vaccinate 1,800 people a day until all 6,515 people that use the facility are inoculated. It was explained that the effort was launched to protect inmates from infection after several prisons became major clusters of the virus. The minister added that the director-general of the Department of Corrections has been directed to reorganize penitentiaries to better distance inmates.

The ministry is poised to suggest leniency for narcotics related inmates, looking to remove some 30,000 inmates alongside others that have been pardoned. The process is expected to take three months but should allow for proper distancing. Any facility unable to provide at least 1.2 meters between inmates will be penalized for failing to comply with the order.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-06-03

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Clearly you have never been in prison here..... Bed???????????? No a space on the concrete floor 2 mtrs long x half a meter wide is what you get.

Food ???? fish head soup, pigs get fed better.

YES correct never been, so i leave it to you and ones who know.

• Like 2

Yes I visited the jail in Chang Mai, and the Americans in there said the same thing.   Do not go to jail,

as there is no personal TV, English newspapers, good food, or comfy beds.  They were all in for drug charges, and

would be headed back to their home countries just as soon as they got out at the end of their sentences.

I took a few English Bangkok post newspapers and gave a couple to the warden and the big guard, so the other 4 copies went to some

very starved prisoners that had not heard of any news for a while.

Time off for good behavior, ha!  That is a North American luxury.

Geezer

26 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Yes I visited the jail in Chang Mai, and the Americans in there said the same thing.   Do not go to jail,

as there is no personal TV, English newspapers, good food, or comfy beds.  They were all in for drug charges, and

would be headed back to their home countries just as soon as they got out at the end of their sentences.

I took a few English Bangkok post newspapers and gave a couple to the warden and the big guard, so the other 4 copies went to some

Geezer

when you commit the Crime expect to do the Time. no matter where in the World you  are. so don't start crying and asking for Ma-ma

On 6/5/2021 at 7:09 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

This type of prison is definitely a crime deterrent. You can also come out speaking Thai for free, and now a covid jab as well.