Police step up investigation into mystery deaths of Thai billionaires on Koh Tao

webfact

15 hours ago, realfunster said:

Wow. A double drowning. It does happen if someone who can’t swim tries to rescue someone in trouble, there was a case in London recently, although you can’t compare the River Thames and a resort pool.

Let’s hope the CCTV was working and police are motivated to ensure a thorough investigation. 

Well it can happen and I know someone who it happened to. A guy I knew was in his pool and his kid jumped into the pool to him and they both knocked their heads together, rendering them both knocked out and they both drowned.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spermwhale said:

Well it can happen and I know someone who it happened to. A guy I knew was in his pool and his kid jumped into the pool to him and they both knocked their heads together, rendering them both knocked out and they both drowned.

Do you have a link to the news story? I'm just a suspicious type.

• Like 1

Surely, the first question is "how deep is the pool"? I haven't been to ANY hotel in Thailand that has a pool more than 5ft deep? Was just thinking about all the 5*'s I have stayed in and NONE had a deep pool!

The second question, would therefore be "how tall were the deceased"?

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, falang1969 said:

Surely, the first question is "how deep is the pool"? I haven't been to ANY hotel in Thailand that has a pool more than 5ft deep? Was just thinking about all the 5*'s I have stayed in and NONE had a deep pool!

Koh Tao is a dive centre. Lots of hotel pools there are deep enough for practising dive techniques.

My friend is a diver and has used the very deep section of that hotel pool. At its deepest, it is three meters.

In one of the reports a policeman confirmed that they had measured that depth. Although the markings on the side of the pool where it starts to get more deep state 2.2 meters.

Edited by Tropicalevo

On 6/7/2021 at 6:22 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

The sad fact is that no matter what kind of investigation occurs, it will always have its conclusions doubted due to past perceived incompetence on the part of the police. 

It'll be a very, very long time before any police action on that island is widely accepted.

The only real comment that I can make is that if you are Burmese then;

RUN LIKE HELL!

shut up. all of a sudden everyone in Koh Tao  is an expert on criminal forensics.

funny how no one has been raped  and killed since the 2 Burmese  killers have been sent to jail 

I hope  they never get out

like if Ian Y... and his slander youtube  channel 

profiling  from murders with his 1 k subscriber's 

wouldn't  be surprised if this post gets deleted due to not meeting the opinions  of mods and what not

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 6:22 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

The sad fact is that no matter what kind of investigation occurs, it will always have its conclusions doubted due to past perceived incompetence on the part of the police. 

It'll be a very, very long time before any police action on that island is widely accepted.

The only real comment that I can make is that if you are Burmese then;

RUN LIKE HELL!

stupidity  comment. so what all Burmses are presumed innocent  now?

13 hours ago, BigC said:

shut up. all of a sudden everyone in Koh Tao  is an expert on criminal forensics.

funny how no one has been raped  and killed since the 2 Burmese  killers have been sent to jail 

I hope  they never get out

like if Ian Y... and his slander youtube  channel 

profiling  from murders with his 1 k subscriber's 

wouldn't  be surprised if this post gets deleted due to not meeting the opinions  of mods and what not

I am surprised it never...i got suspended for next to nothing..

Must be different interpretations by  Mods.

On 6/7/2021 at 9:27 PM, Tee00 said:

If I can't swim.why the hell would I be at a swimming pool

Some people just like to hang out at swimming pools.  Hubby owned three swim suits before we got married and I figured he could swim.  On our honeymoon, we went to the hotel pool and he made himself comfortable on a lounger, like he was sunning, even though it was an indoor pool.  I insisted in he come in water and I started to splash and jump on him, in play.  After all, it was our honeymoon.  When he didn't play along, I realized he was petrified.  He couldn't swim, despite growing up near an ocean.  

He did go on to take swimming lessons, although he doesn't do it for recreation.  At least he can paddle around a pool now.

• Like 1