Police step up investigation into mystery deaths of Thai billionaires on Koh Tao

webfact

59 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

I think they dont trust the local police given their questionable history. 

I wonder if Big Joke will be back on the scene (once he has a haircut and all his media banners are ready for the big show).

YES , that is what is missing , the big blue board and Big Joke with a billiard cue pointing , ' This is the pool '.

Why wasn't the investigation in a 'stepped-up' mode in the first place?  Seems like they always throw out 'accidental death' and see if it flies.  If it doesn't, then they reluctantly conclude that, ok, I guess we'll have to do some actual work--or call in another agency to do the work for us.  

14 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I read a report the cctv had not been working for a while due to lack of maintenance.

I’m sure the pool’s electrical system however was in immaculate condition! 

• Like 2

If she was following Indian tradition and wearing full traditional dress, as a middle aged lady very unlikely wearing a swim suit, more likely fully dressed. slipped, fell (or pushed in )? followed by hubby trying a rescue. Quite possibly we will never know, without CCTV.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Clearly you have absolutely no idea, you are trying to defend the indefenceable

What I'm trying to defend are the facts as stated in the original Thai Visa post on Saturday which was based on the Daily News article https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/847828. You are twisting those facts because of your obvious hatred of the RTP.

I've had three encounters with RTP over a period of thirty years plus numerous check points and on every occasion the RTP conducted themselves friendly and professionally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, realfunster said:

Wow. A double drowning. It does happen if someone who can’t swim tries to rescue someone in trouble,

It actually happens quite often.  Life saving 101 - stay on a solid surface and use a pole, rope, towel to pull the person to the edge.  Trying to rescue someone in the water is dangerous even if you're trained.  Someone who is drowning even in the shallows can overwhelm and drown you too.  One drowning they're on auto-pilot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, realfunster said:

Wow. A double drowning. It does happen if someone who can’t swim tries to rescue someone in trouble, there was a case in London recently, although you can’t compare the River Thames and a resort pool.

Let’s hope the CCTV was working and police are motivated to ensure a thorough investigation. 

The resort management said the CCTV was not working. Now that's a surprise.????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, realfunster said:

Wow. A double drowning. It does happen if someone who can’t swim tries to rescue someone in trouble, there was a case in London recently, although you can’t compare the River Thames and a resort pool.

Let’s hope the CCTV was working and police are motivated to ensure a thorough investigation. 

One of the first things mentioned in the original story was that the cctv was not working, red flag right there????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joebrown said:

It's really amazing how many people die accidentally or otherwise on Koh Tao, when there are no witnesses or there is no CCTV. Beyond belief!

Sorry but you could not pay me to take a vacation on "Death Island"   Way too many unexplained and frequent deaths on that island.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

What about a odd strike of lightning? That pic sure looks like it is a high open place and if the lightning didn't hit them physically, they might not show any physical burns, etc.  What was the weather there like that day? it could have knocked them out for bit, just enough to drown.

Yeah OK ... next wild guess?

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Excel said:

Goodness you should stop mixing with all those sort of people that you claimed you noticed and became aware of their illegal activities, for your own safety ????

Hard not to notice people and their activities when you live in a small community, attended the same high school etc.

You and your buddy Colin can get on with your Thai bashing. I sometimes wonder why people like you two choose to live in such a screwed up country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

40 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Substance abuse is a terrible thing, you should think about that, it makes people come up with ridiculous statements.????

I'll take Mark Twain's advice here.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

1 minute ago, KeeTua said:

Hard not to notice people and their activities when you live in a small community, attended the same high school etc.

You and your buddy Colin can get on with your Thai bashing. I sometimes wonder why people like you two choose to live in such a screwed up country.

Perhaps living in such small communities with , by your own account a significant number of lawbreakers,  impacts your knowledge and understanding of the real world. As for for living in "such a screwed up community" as you suggest myself and others do, then I feel sorry for you as you have not been fortunate to have found peace and loving with local people, perhaps you do not even live here or are incapable of that emotion , who knows. However under no extreme thought process by myself or others and by that I include all my Thai friends and family, are the corrupt RTP considered as "part of the community". Quite the reverse. Rabid and a plaque of pestilence would perhaps be more of an apt metaphorical description for them.

• Like 2