Taxis vs Grab: Taxi association takes complaints about ride-hailing apps to parliament

webfact

6 hours ago, Pravda said:

My wife chaufffers me around. No need to take grab, taxi or bts for over a year. 

I hope you pay her a decent salary plus: overtime, meal allowance, uniforms and accommodation provided etc.

On 6/8/2021 at 5:20 PM, herfiehandbag said:

Yes. It is disappointing when you order a "Grab" and a Green and Yellow Toyota, with a <deleted> stained interior, clunking rear suspension and clicking ball joints poles up!

Your own fault for ordering a Grab Taxi, not a Grab Car.

On 6/8/2021 at 5:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

BUT... Taxi drivers who sit outside tourist hotspots trying to rip people, over-charge, clock the meter etc are of course going to struggle. 

That's happening?    Where?  And where are these tourist hotspots nowadays that taxi drivers take advantage of?   Since Covid I've never had any difficulty with any taxis in Bangkok, even in rush hour traffic.

2 hours ago, overt2016 said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Which rip-offs on which part of Sukhumvit?

try booking a cab at any hotel there!

Presumably, you're referring to Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok?   Booking a taxi at a hotel is not getting "ripped off" by taxis on Sukhumvit Road. 

In my experience (that's daily), taxi drivers in that area have been on their best behaviour since Covid started (no refusals even in rush hour, always on the meter).  When was the last time you got "ripped off" by a taxi driver in lower Sukhumvit?