Medication / Pharmacy

ConnectionNotGuaranteed

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I just emailed medsafe and they emailed back within a couple minutes, but they are quoting 680 baht for something I get for 400 elsewhere, shows need to shop around

The original quotes from Medisafe  were much the same as  my local pharmacy, and i told them so, they then reduced their prices to an acceptable level for me.......One example,  a box of 2mg 100 pills at a pharmacy was  3,200b after shopping around i found the same thing  for  2,800b .... Medisafe's price is  2,391 b 

23 hours ago, ConnectionNotGuaranteed said:

I went to Fascinos yesterday and was aghast at their prices. I gave them the full list and they wrote down the prices. I asked if they were sure and they said yes. I ran out of Amlodopine last month so bought some from Boots. Boots were 55bt for 10. Fascinos wanted 1,356 for 30 !!!

It was the same with every requirement I had, far more expensive than elsewhere for the same thing.

I'll definitely give the clinic route a try .

Many thanks

Edit. Just to add. Medisafe quoted me 246bt for a box of 100 of Amlodopine

Yeah, Fascino has changed.

I moved here from Korat where I would buy all my meds from Siam Pharmacy. I now call them and order everything I need and it is delivered in two days at minimal cost. Why do I do this? Because Siam has the cheapest prices around......to give you an idea they have around 25 women working there, and they are inundated with customers all day and early evening. Not just farang shop there but many more Thai people. Give them a call and check their prices.....many times they have special deals.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mansell said:

I moved here from Korat where I would buy all my meds from Siam Pharmacy. I now call them and order everything I need and it is delivered in two days at minimal cost. Why do I do this? Because Siam has the cheapest prices around......to give you an idea they have around 25 women working there, and they are inundated with customers all day and early evening. Not just farang shop there but many more Thai people. Give them a call and check their prices.....many times they have special deals.

Agreed. Siam pharmacy prices are very good and the delivery service is fast. Mrs MD rings them or messages them using LINE to order the meds, they call back to confirm the meds are in stock and what the cost(including shipping) will be, then I pay via online banking, send them the transfer receipt and they ship the stuff to my house. Usually arrives in 2-3 days.

21 hours ago, Mansell said:

Can you share the contact details please. Just looked on the internet and there seems to be loads called the same. Want to make sure I contact the right one

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i just went to Facino in Klang, got something for 150 baht, elsewhere 400-600 baht

Glad to her that, regularly use Fascino and was getting worried by many posts claiming much cheaper prices elsewhere, and that Fascino is not the place it was, 

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Glad to her that, regularly use Fascino and was getting worried by many posts claiming much cheaper prices elsewhere, and that Fascino is not the place it was, 

I'm in need of some regular meds, so have been reading this thread with interest. The message I'm getting is, it's worth it to shop around

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The message I'm getting is, it's worth it to shop around

I am lazy and Fascino is an easy stop off for me on the way into town....I once tried to get some Paracetemol from a Boots on Walking St for a persistent headache but baulked at the price. ( A few beers did the trick). Now I always have a few Sara in my pocket from Fascinos!

Edited by jacko45k

On 6/9/2021 at 7:42 AM, actonion said:

Go to facebook  and type in    "Medisafe"   they are a pharmacy company based in Bangkok, they will  reduce your  medication bill by  at least a quarter, as they did mine, they will give you a quote online and  they will deliver  your medication once a month to your address free of charge. I have tried these companies that offer  you a discount card, the discount was added on   before the take it off ..shop around and see..

Many thanks for the Medisafe suggestion - great prices, easy to order (I used FB messenger) and free delivery to my home in Pattaya on their monthly delivery runs.  ????????

• Like 2

On 6/12/2021 at 10:22 AM, jacko45k said:

Where is  Fascino on pattaya Klang , I've never seen  it ??

There is also a small Fascino on Pattaya Tai not very far from 2nd road heading east. They aren't as well stocked as the North road one but they can order in anything that North road has that they don't within a few days. I have found Fascino is the lowest locally on most things with a few exceptions. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There is also a small Fascino on Pattaya Tai not very far from 2nd road heading east. They aren't as well stocked as the North road one but they can order in anything that North road has that they don't within a few days. I have found Fascino is the lowest locally on most things with a few exceptions. 

That Klang Fascino never suggests trying another branch if they don't stock something. Occasionally I've gone to North Pattaya road branch and found it

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

That Klang Fascino never suggests trying another branch if they don't stock something. Occasionally I've gone to North Pattaya road branch and found it

Well Pattaya Tai not only suggests it, they will check on their computer on the spot to see if it's in stock on North road, and if you're a regular customer for that med, they will start to stock it! How's that for service? 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 9:19 AM, ConnectionNotGuaranteed said:

Can you share the contact details please. Just looked on the internet and there seems to be loads called the same. Want to make sure I contact the right one

There it is on the right side. They told me they are opening also in BKK. Good luck. If you have a Thai wife or girlfriend she can explain what you need, but have the things in English.

2524544F-0B9C-4706-BC1F-2447DA334BE3.png

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I mostly use one on the other side of Sukhumvit, near Numchai. Sometimes the one on Nua.

If you mean the one behind Numchai opposite the Tesco shop we use that one as well, easy to park, I didn't know about the cross checking with the Nua branch, I'll tell the Mrs about that, she mainly gets my meds when she's out & about doing other stuff.

I've always found Fascino cheap enough and the 5% discount helps as well, just a tip for those that might not know, if you forget your discount card just show them your phone number, they can get your account up with that. ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

If you mean the one behind Numchai opposite the Tesco shop

Yes exactly, I travel into and out of town via The Railway Line Rd North of there, so easy to stop off there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConnectionNotGuaranteed said:

Just thought I'd give an update for any who are looking at alternative ways of buying medication. The prices below are like for like. On my spread sheet I divided the cost of the medication from each place and multiplied by 28 to give an exact 4 week price comparison. Yeah I know, a bit anal but I did say before that I had been in procurement.

As recommended earlier, I went into the Hospital on Soi Boukaow, near Cheap Charlies. They charged me 500 baht for seeing the doctor. They didn't check bloods or anything but messed around with my meds dosage because they didn't have the ones I'm on in stock!! 1 of them they told me to cut in half as it was double the mg I'm on. Another one, they only had 50mg but I'm on 80mg. "It will be fine" they said!! The overall cost for the full meds (not including the 500bt) was 4,550bt

I went back to Fascino to confirm the prices. On one item they had mistakenly put 1,356bt and it should have been 356bt. The overall cost was 7,392bt.

I sent by e-mail my list to Medisafe and they responded very fast with prices. The total was 3,418bt (including delivery).

I decided to go with Medisafe for my first batch to see how they do. Fantastic, is really all I can say. I put my order in before their 16th June cut off date. This is because they don't use a courier but personally deliver to your house/condo in Pattaya. They arrived yesterday and went through the full list with me to ensure everything was in their what I had ordered.

Many thanks for the info in this thread, it really helped me and has ultimately saved me circa 4,000bt per month on what I thought I would have to pay out.

I will try Siam Pharmacy in the future but I wasn't happy they didn't have an email address. Emails help to ensure little is lost in translation in my experience 

Good to know. Love that the hospital is near CC. I thought CC was near the hospital????

• Haha 1