Anyone used Payoneer?

Hi all,  does or has anyone used Payoneer (ideally with Bangkok Bank). 

Seems eBay are updating and ditching PayPal and going through these in Thailand (personally I've never heard of them).

Any info on ease of use/how long it takes to pay into the bank etc... 

Cheers! 

I came across them a few years ago, they seemed very dodgy, registered in Cyprus or some sh<deleted> holes, looked for online feedback and got tones of "scams" alert and I think they freeze your account if you receive the money from their wrong person.

Maybe they changed their act, but I would be careful. Check their online reputation.

Edited by GrandPapillon

I received an email about this a few weeks ago.

eBay own PayPal.

I recall they are setting up a system where instead of PayPal,  eBay themselves will handle all payments through the site.

Will this new method not work for you? Might be better than using an outside payment  provider.

44 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I received an email about this a few weeks ago.

eBay own PayPal.

I recall they are setting up a system where instead of PayPal,  eBay themselves will handle all payments through the site.

Will this new method not work for you? Might be better than using an outside payment  provider.

Ebay and PayPal have been seperate companies for a few years now, with their working contract now expired. Hence eBay moving to their own managed payments system. Most eBay accounts are moving to direct bank transfers from eBay. However, some Thai eBay accounts (including mine) are being forced into using Payoneer only. No direct bank option (not sure if it's all Thai eBay accounts). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 9:25 AM, nitayagirl said:

I use Payoneer to receive payouts from Amazon shop. There is annual fee of about 30 USD paid in advance and 1% fee to transfer funds to Thai bank. I never had any problems using them.

Thanks for the reply. Signed up (as I had to for eBay Thailand). 

See how it goes ????