Thailand’s COVID-19 vaccine procurements to be expedited with more agencies involved

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Guderian said:

they were unable to skim any cream off the top of vaccine procurement, storage and distribution contracts for themselves.

And people though that the rice-pledging scheme was the pinnacle of corruption. The skim on COVID-related expenditures massively outstrips anything the upstart Shinawatras could have dreamed up.

• Like 1

Just a very lame exercise to spread the blame around--makes it much easier for everyone to point fingers at someone else.  Probably came from the czar.  There's no 'The Buck Stops Here', here.  Another day, another useless plan thrown to the masses to buy one more day of distraction with no vaccines in sufficient numbers.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The problems range from the monopolistic nature of vaccine procurement by the government, while the private sector is barred from importing vaccines, the limitation of current vaccines used of only AstraZeneca and Sinovac, the slow approval of new vaccines, to delayed deliveries of vaccines and reprioritization of vaccine distribution, resulting in postponements of inoculation appointments in several provinces.

????
Now there is one of the most honest media assessments of this fiasco that I've read to date.

Transferring wealth to the connected trumps the health of the public. Wealth creation and favoritism trumps the needs of the country's most vulnerable.  It then becomes painfully obvious to the public and the media, and then the scoundrels dance to keep their share of the pie while attempting to project the perception that they are working for the public's good.
<cue sound track from the movie Footloose>

The quote at the top says in all.  What else is there to say other than to allude to the role of he-who-must-not-be-named in the "the monopolistic nature of vaccine procurement?"

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s COVID-19 vaccine procurements are expected to be expedited as more agencies will be involved in the joint effort, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)’s new announcement streamlining the management of COVID-19 vaccines in the country.

The Thai elite have reactionarism honed to a science.
Be honest:
Has adding additional bureaucracy on top of a marginally functioning bureaucracy ever led to increased efficiency? 

Get out of the way and allow free-market players to join the fray.  Sure, vaccines will be available for a price, but the supply would finally meet the demand.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

Well I have a more optimistic view than many others here, but all arguments  are valid in a free & fair society ( that's this forum ) ????

I see it as a massive kick in the nuts for Prayuth & Anutin - yet another slappy wristy from the unmentionable one, that can only be a good thing and another nail in both their coffins.

Hopefully the voting public will make a mental note of this and register their displeasure at the next free and fair elections ( that was very tongue in cheek ) ???? 

Prayuth is a pratt of the highest order, and Anutin ? He defies description the man is a buffoon of the highest order.

I sincerely hope this new approach can pull a few rabbits out of the hat & get this country moving again, the UK is now vaccinating 20 year olds, maybe one day that will happen here.

Edited by Golden Triangle
Word missing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Prayut and Anutin... lets have some honesty.

That'd be like asking Laurel and Hardy to produce a Shakespeare play!

16 hours ago, Artisi said:

Easiest solution to increase the amount of vaccines available is the get rid of the cr#p procurement system currently used by this useless government. Simply place sufficient orders with the vaccine manufacturers - can't be all that difficult - but guess the problem in placing  a large number of orders is controlling the book keeping entries of the brown envelopes. 

Here, let me fix that for you:

"Easiest solution to increase the amount of vaccines available is the get rid of the cr#p procurement system currently used by this useless government."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

I can hear the fake labs being set up as I write .
They will suddenly have millions available they bought somewhere and basically they will be vials full of nothing more than water,  but the selling samples submitted for government test before purchase will be real .

If you remember the bomb detectors they bought then this is a certainty ! ????

Just buy the vaccine detector probe for the detectors and use them to check the provided batches. Of course, this will require formation of a committee.....????

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

A whole new concept to me: to speed up decision making add redundant decision makers to decision making process.  Amazing Thailand.

My preferred solutions  be that the vaccine manufacturers hire advisors from the international sales team of arms makers to give them a crash induction on backhanders. In my younger years at UN even food for the refugee camps had to benefit somehow to the generals mia nois.

In a global pandemic, the international bribery laws are counterproductive. Gratuities within reason to oil the gears would save lives.

5 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Let everyone order their own vaccine through Lazada.

Train the girls on soi 4 to administer it. Problem solved.

In the beginning when the rollout was pathetic in Ireland, the standard joke was let the checkout girls in ALDI do the vaccinating....so fast ...

6 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

I can hear the fake labs being set up as I write .
They will suddenly have millions available they bought somewhere and basically they will be vials full of nothing more than water,  but the selling samples submitted for government test before purchase will be real .

If you remember the bomb detectors they bought then this is a certainty ! ????

Bait and switch is certainly an issue. WSJ reported that in Africa there are a lot of fake doses for sale. A factory in China was raided.

• Like 1

It is all about the brown envelopes. What else could make the 2 jabs of Moderna, or if Pfizer ever shows up so expensive?

It will likely be a lot of baht for the Pfizer shot as well.  I thought 2000 baht for 2 shots was a lot, but Moderna is now quoted as 3800 baht.

Talk about corruption.  How much is the going rate for Pfizer, by the way.

Geezer

But I thought the Covid Czar had taken control of this personally? Muddying of waters, blame spreading and adding scapegoats is all this is. Nothing to do with improving efficiency. Someone has realised the fan is running and there is a big supply of manure on the way.

Cheers