Delta (Indian) COVID-19 strain in 11 Thai provinces – Medical Sciences Department

webfact

On 6/11/2021 at 11:57 AM, chalawaan said:

R0 for Alpha = 2.5. The R0  for Delta = 5.

That means for every infection 5 more get infected. 

These are just showing up, and with quarantine being 14 days, thus the "window" for exponential spread for any given "patient zero",  what will the numbers be like a month from now? 

The BBC reckons the R0 for Delta is between 5 and 8.

delta.png

Edited by Sunderland
It's a sunny day.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Dr. John Campbell makes the point of Hancock's 40% several days ago and the latest PHE data showing 60% at 5.02 minutes. His daily updates are pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJrfPFTk3pU

Thanks. He is excellent. I had forgotten him. I used to follow him at the beginning of the pandemic. It is a shame that the British Govt. did not.

On 6/10/2021 at 6:59 PM, canopus1969 said:

The worrying bit is (quote) The Indian variant of the coronavirus is 60 per cent more transmissible than the Kent strain

And I need to apologize - I called the "Delta" variant the India variant which was wrong.  The india variant is 60 percent more transmissible.  Astra-zenica is around 60 percent effective in handling an infection from covid.  

The infection that you do get will be more like a cold rather than a potentially life threatening condition.  

It is spreading here, and worryingly among a group who was fully vaccinated.  They are fine, rest assured, but it's very worrying nonetheless.  

One shot of AZ is only 30 percent effective against the Indian variant.  Let's call it the Indian variant.  If one comes from America, we can maybe call it white bread variant?  

Edited by Blumpie
bla

9 hours ago, Blumpie said:

And I need to apologize - I called the "Delta" variant the India variant which was wrong.  The india variant is 60 percent more transmissible.  Astra-zenica is around 60 percent effective in handling an infection from covid.  

The infection that you do get will be more like a cold rather than a potentially life threatening condition.  

It is spreading here, and worryingly among a group who was fully vaccinated.  They are fine, rest assured, but it's very worrying nonetheless.  

One shot of AZ is only 30 percent effective against the Indian variant.  Let's call it the Indian variant.  If one comes from America, we can maybe call it white bread variant?  

The Delta variant is the Indian Variant !

And where do you get this nonsense from : The infection that you do get will be more like a cold rather than a potentially life threatening condition.