Thailand orders 20 million doses of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for delivery this year

webfact

If you have the pink ID card you can be registered now. I went to the local doc in the village, gave him my ID and was asked what vac I wanted. Told him I wanted Pfizer and he gave a date of August 19 for the first jab. 5 minutes and I was registered. 

no fuss no muss.

14 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Stop your "planning" Anutin!

Just buy 30 million doses and get people vaccinated!  Stop buying the overpriced and ineffective Chinese garbage.

Always going to order never ordered????

• Like 1

'... driven by highly contagious variants.' Reuters.

On another thread:

Thailand’s Department of Medical Sciences (DMS) reports that almost 90% of the COVID-19 cases found in Thailand are of the Alpha variant, first found in the United Kingdom. NNT

22 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Not for foreigner!

I think mainly for foreigners. 

It's to expensive for Thais, even HiSo's who won't pass up on free stuff.  Moderna is 3,800 baht up front at Bangkok Hospital Udon Thani and its cheaper on the open market than pfeizer. Moderna is $24.00, about 800 baht a dose retail.

Thai's aren't known to pony up that kind of money even if its probably a much better vaccine in regards to variants.

39 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I think mainly for foreigners. 

It's to expensive for Thais, even HiSo's who won't pass up on free stuff.  Moderna is 3,800 baht up front at Bangkok Hospital Udon Thani and its cheaper on the open market than pfeizer. Moderna is $24.00, about 800 baht a dose retail.

Thai's aren't known to pony up that kind of money even if its probably a much better vaccine in regards to variants.

Lots of our Thai neighbors wont have sinovac and have registered for moderna at Samitejev hospital, I added myself, think that was number 6!

We had the Sinopharm here in UAE and while 2 doses were freely provided it’s proven to have low efficacy, I.e. people are still getting sick after being vaccinated, and they are quietly recommending we get the Pfizer-BioNTech as a booster.

On 6/10/2021 at 5:50 PM, webfact said:

Apart from the application process, one month is expected to be required for negotiations on terms, conditions and prices to be completed, said Mr. Anutin yesterday

555 OMG too funny... Yeah take your time whats the rush right? But really think about it...the reason Thailand has nothing but the junk AZ & Sinovac is because when others were getting in line from early 2020 Thailand was like.......Oh no prob no need yada yada yada...because we are smarter than the average countries & have it under control

20 million doses of Pfizer and 5 million doses of Johnson & Johnson vaccines for delivery this year

555 Again...imagine this...get in line now when all vaccine makers are booked & put your order in.....How long do you think it takes to manufacture 25 million does of anything??? Yeah deliver this year 555

Ok all that vac related BS aside just relax Thailand has had Covid in force since late 2019 they just never knew it nor tested for it....it was there

So you have actually seen the worst of it. What is Thailand showing now that their testing?? 30-40 a day deaths? That is less than normal flu deaths per day in 2018

Chill Thailand Chill

USA is fat with Vaccines masks are off & life is basically back to normal

Guess how many in the USA actually are fully vaccinated? 43% & you can get them free anywhere, markets,pharmacies etc etc...soon they will likely ask you at McDonald's would you like a free vaccine with that order? ????

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

" ...Pfizer, a US company, has yet to apply for approval for emergency use in Thailand, through the country’s Food and Drug Administration (TFDA). Apart from the application process, one month is expected to be required for negotiations on terms, conditions and prices to be completed, said Mr. Anutin yesterday (Thursday). ..."

Signed a "purchase order"?  With no TFDA approval (possible) and no terms, conditions and price fixed?  Thai guy may work like that, but I doubt that Pfizer does.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

" ...Pfizer, a US company, has yet to apply for approval for emergency use in Thailand, through the country’s Food and Drug Administration (TFDA).

Latest reports, Friday? say this proess has begun.

"Pfizer Thailand has submitted an application for the domestic use of its Covid-19 vaccine to the Thai Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

Paisal Dunkhum, FDA secretary-general, said the agency had received the application from Pfizer Thailand and the review process was underway."

said to "take a month".

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Latest reports, Friday? say this proess has begun.   ..

... said to "take a month".

Ah, good.  warm season, so the rubber stamps should be good and flexible.  About time. 

18 hours ago, Uroller said:

Always going to order never ordered????

Because they opted out of the COVAX scheme they will have to buy vaccines on the open market.

That means that you need cash to pay for it.

I suspect cash on delivery is not an option in Thailand's case. They will need at least a substantial down payment on placing the order.

Maybe there is a cash flow problem?

• Like 2