Jump to content

Thailand orders 20 million doses of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for delivery this year


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

When this year they will be delivered is the big question. The second half of the year after all covers a very long period. If there is to be any tourist season whatsoever, the majority will have to be vaccinated way before the year ends.

After the 500 Million doses US Govt  announced only yesterday? Or is that from stock they already hold and will redistribute? It's unclear. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

When this year they will be delivered is the big question. The second half of the year after all covers a very long period. If there is to be any tourist season whatsoever, the majority will have to be vaccinated way before the year ends.

The second half of the year sounds a lot better than the 4th quarter. Only last week they were saying they expected Pfizer in the 3rd quarter. I'm guessing the US Govt COVAX deal has elbowed out Thailand and they have scrambled to get it signed and the " 2nd half of the year" is damage limitation mode.

 

"...It is expected that 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine will arrive in the third quarter of this year."

https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=11364&filename=index

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought these Pfizer vaccines were earmarked for the Thai students. It's extra sad if "Shenanigans at play" have endangered the younger ones.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rbkk said:

I thought these Pfizer vaccines were earmarked for the Thai students. It's extra sad if "Shenanigans at play" have endangered the younger ones.

 

Do not recall seeing any mention of a target population for Pfizer?

 

You do know that it hasn't even been approved here (for emergency use)? And that it won't be available much before December, 2021 - February, 2022, and even then, in tranches of a few million at a whack. 

 

If the "younger ones" are waiting on this, well, wait.

 

Some expect this vaccina to be sold through private hospitals, but details remain murky on this one.

 

The U.S. FDA has approved it (emergency use) for 12 - 15 YO. It was previously approved for 16 YO and up.

 

Chinses are saying their vaccines are good for 3 YO and up.

 

 China has authorised the emergency use of Sinovac Biotech coronavirus vaccine for children, becoming the first major country to grant approval for those as young as three years old.

 

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3136177/china-approves-covid-19-vaccine-children-young-three

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Interesting article. I had read similar stories. I hope that's all there is to it.  Contamination after only one shot. But what about the (partial and incomplete) protection after only one shot?  Careless behaviour. But are Chileans such chicken-heads? You could trust the Brazilians to have mass orgies the day of their first vaccine shot, but Chili? Chili is the most germanic of all SA countries. We're not out of the woods yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rbkk said:

After the 500 Million doses US Govt  announced only yesterday? Or is that from stock they already hold and will redistribute? It's unclear. 

I read that those 500 Million were reserved to COVAX countries. Thailand decided not to participate in COVAX program.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

from link : found that the CoronaVac vaccine was 56.5% effective in preventing infections two weeks after a second dose but only 3% effective after a single dose.

 

Dear God 3%  ? What is it water ? 

In South American countries it's probably known as Holy Water.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

 

Do not recall seeing any mention of a target population for Pfizer?

 

You do know that it hasn't even been approved here (for emergency use)? And that it won't be available much before December, 2021 - February, 2022, and even then, in tranches of a few million at a whack. 

 

If the "younger ones" are waiting on this, well, wait.

 

Some expect this vaccina to be sold through private hospitals, but details remain murky on this one.

 

The U.S. FDA has approved it (emergency use) for 12 - 15 YO. It was previously approved for 16 YO and up.

 

Chinses are saying their vaccines are good for 3 YO and up.

 

 China has authorised the emergency use of Sinovac Biotech coronavirus vaccine for children, becoming the first major country to grant approval for those as young as three years old.

 

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3136177/china-approves-covid-19-vaccine-children-young-three

"...Mr Anutin said it promised to reserve its vaccine for inoculation among children aged 12-18 years in Thailand and planned to deliver 10-20 million doses in the second half of this year."

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-691851

 

The link above is from more than a month ago. Why so long to get to this point?

Edited by rbkk
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai government pledged to procure 20 million doses of Pfizer and 5 million doses of Johnson & Johnson vaccines for delivery this year. According to the public health minister, negotiations are underway with representatives of Johnson & Johnson, whose vaccine was approved by the TFDA in late March.

So all these "late in the day" purchases are because AZ and Sino-whatever cannot keep up with demand.

Are these imports from Moderna, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson going to be free or are these destined for private hospitals and thus charged to the recipient?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

 

 

How can you 

 

 

 

"sign a PO" without knowing the unit and total price?

 

 

This regime does business in a rather odd way. 

It's the regime's normal way, money doesn't matter there's always some in the kitty.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thailand books 20 million doses of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines

 

2021-06-11T072807Z_1_LYNXNPEH5A0AY_RTROPTP_3_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A vial labelled with the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine is seen in this illustration picture taken March 19, 2021. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration

 

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand has signed a purchase order for 20 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine develop by Pfizer and BioNTech to be delivered before the end of this year, its health minister said.

 

Details of the deal, delivery timeframe and the vaccine's approval by the Food and Drug Administration would be worked out in about a month, Thai Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said on Thursday.

 

Thailand also plan to buy 5 million doses of Johnson & Johnson's single-shot vaccine within this year, Anutin said.

 

Thailand is racing to secure vaccines for its mass immunisation campaign that started on Monday, two months after it was hit by its biggest coronavirus outbreak so far, driven by highly contagious variants.

 

The programme had relied heavily on its reserved 61 million doses of locally-made AstraZeneca vaccines, but the government has tried to diversify its sources to meet its target of acquiring 100 million doses by year-end.

 

About 4.1 million of Thailand's more than 66 million people have so far received a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

 

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-06-11
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was sinopharm it could be done in 1 day, now about month.. They bought already J&J but not yet as we can read... What and when is true?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand books 20 million doses of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines

 

2021-06-11T072807Z_1_LYNXNPEH5A0AY_RTROPTP_3_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A vial labelled with the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus disease (COVID-19) vaccine is seen in this illustration picture taken March 19, 2021. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration

 

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand has signed a purchase order for 20 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine develop by Pfizer and BioNTech to be delivered before the end of this year, its health minister said.

 

Details of the deal, delivery timeframe and the vaccine's approval by the Food and Drug Administration would be worked out in about a month, Thai Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said on Thursday.

 

Thailand also plan to buy 5 million doses of Johnson & Johnson's single-shot vaccine within this year, Anutin said.

 

Thailand is racing to secure vaccines for its mass immunisation campaign that started on Monday, two months after it was hit by its biggest coronavirus outbreak so far, driven by highly contagious variants.

 

The programme had relied heavily on its reserved 61 million doses of locally-made AstraZeneca vaccines, but the government has tried to diversify its sources to meet its target of acquiring 100 million doses by year-end.

 

About 4.1 million of Thailand's more than 66 million people have so far received a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.

 

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-06-11
 

So 4th quarter. Last month it was 3rd quarter. Has the US jumped in front of Thailand because of Thailand's dilly-dallying? A 500 Million doses order trumps a 20 Million doses order everytime.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Registration at Udon Thani Hospital for Moderna was swamped!  All vaccines were sold out in one day.

These were pre-order for October.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tingtong said:

Desperately reiterating these order claims every second day doesn't make it manifest for real.

 

 

But the issue is that is does, at least for the regime and its supporters.

 

They live in their own shared reality, where press confrences ad the utterances of "authorities" pass for truth.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...