Almost 90% of COVID-19 Cases in Thailand are the Alpha Virus Variant

webfact

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No I've got 3,871 actually ???? well now 3,872 (the count is rapidly rising repeating my replies to you), and the post you missed reading was on this very page and thread and in reply directly to your repeated question....lol

Well you already know I am not too bright.

And I still can't see it on this page as you say, so I am obviously doing something wrong?

Tech really isn't my thing.

Edited by RobMuir

5 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Well you already know I am not too bright.

And I still can't see it on this page as you say, so I am obviously doing something wrong?

Tech really isn't my thing.

Hopefully your eyesight is a little better than your tech ability then, here's a screenshot:

rob.png

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hopefully your eyesight is a little better than your tech ability then, here's a screenshot:

rob.png

Ok, I see it now, but your previous post to me telling me it was on this page(3) on my screen it isn't. Must be a tech thing.

But that is very interesting and disputes the many members on this forum who trot out the "it was an illegal immigrant who snuck into Kent".

Was the person male or female? And did they recover or sadly pass away? Underlying health issues.

Thanks for the heads up. Handy information to have.

You take care mate.

1 minute ago, RobMuir said:

Ok, I see it now, but your previous post to me telling me it was on this page(3) on my screen it isn't. Must be a tech thing.

Yes or it may also be because you missed the fact that its now on page 2 and you're just playing with pedantics despite it being in your own notifications.

58 minutes ago, rabas said:

You might also thank those Yankees for developing the sequencing technologies and machines that drive the vast majority of the world's sequencing.  Six of the top 10 companies are in the US.  Illumina alone is 70% of the market.

The UK is clearly number one in COVID sequencing and has long been a strong leader in human genomics.   

And Thailand used an Illumina machine to detect and prevent the Egypt C.36.3 variant from entering the country. The UK eventually found it, too.

There, something for everyone.

Absolutely, it's a global team effort. And trying to point the finger of blame at the UK or any other country (apart from China ????)  is senseless. This is aimed at our Brit baiting friend, not you. 

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

it being in your own notifications.

I get a lot of notifications and haven't quite figured out how that works. 

When I look at one notification it resets itself after looking at one even if I have 10 notifications.

I honestly didn't see it before but appreciate you sharing that with me. I will help spread the word. Canterbury variant.

Very close to Kent. They weren't far off were they.

17 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I get a lot of notifications and haven't quite figured out how that works. 

When I look at one notification it resets itself after looking at one even if I have 10 notifications.

I honestly didn't see it before but appreciate you sharing that with me. I will help spread the word. Canterbury variant.

Very close to Kent. They weren't far off were they.

Canterbury is a city in Kent. 

Yes and while your at it spread the word that there are currently Covid-19 variants of concern and interest from multiple countries just itching to get into Thailand and round the world right now, and they are all as a direct result of the original Chinese version. However the world does not shut down because of them or close their borders to stop their citizens from traveling. Much the same as Thailand does not stop its citizens traveling and spreading the virus.

https://www.who.int/en/activities/tracking-SARS-CoV-2-variants/

There are also multiple other variants that are still being examined.

Edited by Bkk Brian

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

there are currently Covid-19 variants of concern

Yes but if you read the OP headline we can see which one is causing 90% of the problems here because it is highly contagious.

We must not forget that. We must remain diligent, wear masks in public, social distance, stay home and wash our hands regularly.

This ain't over till it's over.

download (1).jpeg

download.jpeg

5 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Yes but if you read the OP headline we can see which one is causing 90% of the problems here because it is highly contagious.

We must not forget that. We must remain diligent, wear masks in public, social distance, stay home and wash our hands regularly.

This ain't over till it's over.

download (1).jpeg

download.jpeg

If I was you I would spread the word that it is factually correct that the Indian Variant is far more contagious and the potential for its disastrous affect on Thailand is real. This is the current major catastrophic event that Thailand now needs to avoid while it deals simultaneously with the UK and South African variants which are also present.

Try being a little pro active rather than reactive Rob

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

No, what we must not forget is that viruses mutate and usually become more contagious, as we're now seeing with the variant first identified in India which is 40% more contagious than the variant first identified in the UK.

What you're trying to do is smear the UK. I don't even know why I'm responding because you're clearly baiting ????

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Blumpie said:

We are currently after the two shot strategy.  Astra only protects 30 percent with one jab.  The problem is you need at least 8 weeks before doses for the heightened effect of it.  And with that, your protection is around 60 percent.  

Trust me, my friend was in ICU for 3.5 weeks, had his trachea tube taken out and is learning how to walk again.  You don't want this.  My other horror story is a friend in Nepal who died because who goes to the hospital in Nepal when you're sick?  Only rich people.  

Just be careful wear your mask, yada yada yada.  Keep living just continue to be very careful.  

Uncle Tom signing off.

Yes and keep up your vitamin D levels with C and magnesium according to Dr Sircus, and others in field. 

The Indian variant or D variant is affecting and making the younger people become sick, and some of them are dying. I wonder how the Brazil variant

will also affect people as it spreads further.  The variants may not be quite as deadly as the original or the UK, Alpha variant, but

tis pandemic is far from over, and when I hear of people who have had their 2 shots but still show up positive from the Delta variant,

show just how contagious these variants are.  I do wonder just how many of the rich in India, Brazil and most countries

have died from this COVID virus.  Likely not nearly as much as the poor people who have much less space to live in.

Good Luck Thailand, It will be better when you have all got your 2 shots, and the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines arrive

in Thailand so you can get maybe a third booster against this Killer Virus.

Geezer

13 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

No according to Thailands experts. It came via ilegal crossing via Cambodia. No bodies blaming anyone for catching VD. 

Perhaps brought in by Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya when he flew in for a few nights out in Bangkok!

• Haha 2

A post with a link to an unapproved social media source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

7 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

what we must not forget is that viruses mutate and usually become more contagious,

I am just speaking from a virologists point of view. The more people who are infected the higher the chance it will mutate. So "taking it on the chin so to speak" is exactly the wrong way to go about it.

That is very basic stuff.

12 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Very possible. He has been in England I believe.

Shameful

Milton Keynes I would suspect. There is a connection in two ways. a) Its is the HQ of Red Bull Racing and b) Alexander Albon, last years Red Bull driver lives there with his Mother, Kanakamol. His Mother being Thai and convicted and sentenced to 6 years in prison for fraud in the UK.

Edited by Excel
  • Thanks 1