Total of 14 foreign nationals arrested for reportedly overstaying in Thailand in Northeastern provinces, with the longest overstay of more than 7.5 years!

webfact

Overstay is not ok, yes but what about the children if they have any, I know a guy who got arrested a few weeks ago on overstay he has twins just 3 months old, now the babies have no more father, i guess the immigration shall at least separate such cases, and give them a chance to fix the issue, so the children don't lose parents.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

My Thai daughter had a teacher from Cameroon who was teaching the English course many years ago in Kumphawapi at the school we had her going to.  He spoke very good British English.

In my local school the Thai students couldn't understand what the Cameroon teachers were saying.

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Was the overstating Cameron national playing soccer or was he a English teacher.  

An English teacher.  But he'd been here so long, he forgot how to speak English.  Someone finally noticed.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Excel said:

I don't doubt it as some learn their English from English people rather than others. I worked with many people in my time and the Sri Lankans, Iranian and Iraqi's spoke almost perfect English too. Mentioned in another post that in 1980  went to Albania, only for a few hours. At the time it was one of the most closed nations in the world. The little kids, guess around 5 -7 kept running up to us saying  things like good morning, how are you, which country are your from ? I was totally amazzed. Here they were, almost cut of from the outside world , poor as poor could be living in absolute poverty, yet they spoke good English. When I asked our Albanian guide/minder he would only say "our country wants everybody to learn" so never did find out quite how they did that.

I understand that Norman Wisden films were very popular there...

15 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

I understand that Norman Wisden films were very popular there...

Well in those days most of the villages I went to had no electric so not sure how popular they could been as they could not be watched. Now there may have been a cinema in Tirana I suppose but only for a select few .

3 hours ago, Andycoops said:

In my local school the Thai students couldn't understand what the Cameroon teachers were saying.

Well  I can't understand what our local school's Thai english teacher is saying either.

• Haha 1