Tourism minister: Phuket unlikely to be ready for "sandbox" opening - "sealed route" share with Samui proposed

webfact

13 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Government stupidity and incompetence at least lightens the mood, in what is becoming a depressing and frustrating place to be stuck in ????

Sadly, now even the locals are avoiding Phuket like the plague as the regulations flip flop daily. Even the officials have no clue what's happening on a daily basis. No way to plan a holiday around that! ????

• Like 1

There never was a Phuket opening July 1st - Thai embassy in London, England (for example) knew nothing about that, they only read about it in the news, they were never informed officially by the Thai junta government. There won't be one for August 1st either.  No way.  Emergency Decree still in place, which means there is no democratic government in power in Thailand. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems lots of Vlads crew are already populating the beaches of Zanzibar (Tanzania) instead of Thailand as its open with no Circus hoops to jump through, was watching a vlog yesterday by a US guy who speaks the local Chagger lingo, Fly into Dar Es Salaam and ferry to island of Zanzibar (part of the Spice Islands)

1 hour ago, nkg said:

If that's so, it's a disgrace. People could have potentially cancelled their flights and hotel bookings after seeing that article.

Lets hope they had refundable tickets 

21 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Thailand

The Fuster Cluck center of the Universe.

Australia Is not that different , as for us getting vaccinated, There has only been 5-6 million so far in the whole country. It keep's going on one stuff up after another as for the boarders reopening That is one sick joke, I like many others are dying to get out I would much rather spend my money on somewhere that needs it and I love, so will get back there as soon as t can where once more it will be the land of smiles.

10 hours ago, Lashay said:

If your bet was July 1 not happening...you probably lost. This is fake news created by ThaiVisa.

PM just confirmed again July 1 in last hour

You dreaming!  the PM is a puppet!  he is behind times the article stated it hasn't been approved although officials have been bragging about it for months. With these leaders anything is possible but history is I have a 90% plus chance of winning I go with those odds, even if I lose this one I'm so far ahead it isn't funny!????

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

You dreaming!  the PM is a puppet!  he is behind times the article stated it hasn't been approved although officials have been bragging about it for months. With these leaders anything is possible but history is I have a 90% plus chance of winning I go with those odds, even if I lose this one I'm so far ahead it isn't funny!????

Only thing I am dreaming about is when I get out of here, PM and his mates puppets that is putting it mildly, I can't say what I think of them or would be banned  off this site. If you are lucky enough to live up there stay,I cause this country has gone to the pack and I'm being nice. I LOVE THAILAND.

Give them points for trying…… but it’s time to throw in the towell.   
We’ve said all along,,who , apart from family reunions will bother with all the BS in getting here.     IF & when things do resume it will only happen once mass vaccination is achieved AND countries can agree on Vac passport policy.,  At the moment UK, USA,  EU, Canada AUS & NZ to name a few will not recognise Sinovac & Sputnik UNTIL they have independently tested the stuff. 
See how long that takes…..with all the legal BS involved. 

So far it’s been the medics calling the shots & getting the cash…….just wait until the lawyers get involved with rules & regs involved in Vaccine treaties between countries. 

This game is far from over.

6 minutes ago, Bozo travel said:

Give them points for trying…… but it’s time to throw in the towell.   
We’ve said all along,,who , apart from family reunions will bother with all the BS in getting here.     IF & when things do resume it will only happen once mass vaccination is achieved AND countries can agree on Vac passport policy.,  At the moment UK, USA,  EU, Canada AUS & NZ to name a few will not recognise Sinovac & Sputnik UNTIL they have independently tested the stuff. 
See how long that takes…..with all the legal BS involved. 

So far it’s been the medics calling the shots & getting the cash…….just wait until the lawyers get involved with rules & regs involved in Vaccine treaties between countries. 

This game is far from over.

Not recognising sinovac and Sputnik is political , nothing to do with science. AZ vaccine people dying daily from it and yet do not see anyone rushing to ban it or put a stop to study it more.

pfyser has less mortality and once again no one in a hurry to change 

Original plan was to open up and enjoy the freedom for vaccinated people, final results is same strict conditions in addition to half businesses being forced to close.

hardly a winner or attractive or even promotional 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/12/2021 at 9:20 AM, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Anyone shocked?...

Reminds me when I first visited LOS and was called Hansum, or when a thai girl said she "loved me"...that was 2008..

yep i met the same girl ..we both hansum

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

Spidermike007, you've summed it up perfectly. You just know they don't want us, covid is a good excuse. Its like they put up a tangle of barbed wire around the country and its not coming down soon. 

No, he did not. Ever since 1 July opening has been announced they have stuck to it. Some changes were made, but the date and the programme have in its conception not changed.

• Like 1

Not sure what the rules are here for publishing links, but this one is a neat synopsis of the current state of affairs and how it is viewed from an outside perspective.

If the link may not be published, please delete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 11:40 PM, Bkk Brian said:

The Thai Prime Minister this evening (June 12th) has “unofficially” announced on his Facebook page to ease some restrictions in Bangkok around Covid-19 and stated that the Phuket Sandbox will proceed on July 1st after some further adjustments to the plan by the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) and the Thai Cabinet.

The announcements, which we note are not yet truly official as they need to be printed in the Royal Gazette and in government orders, but are now nearly guaranteed to proceed, were made on the Prime Minister’s Facebook accounts around 9:00 P.M. tonight, June 12th, 2021. The statements followed a day in which doubt was placed on the Phuket Sandbox proceeding forward on schedule by some organizations and individuals based on statements that were reportedly taken out of context by the Tourism Minister.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/12/thai-prime-minister-announces-on-social-media-easing-of-some-bangkok-covid-19-restrictions-states-phuket-sandbox-will-move-forward-on-july-1st/

It actually says "expected to start on July 1st". So a bit of face saving wriggle room there if things do not look right. 

• Like 1