Farangs Views On Thailand

Begs

I personally wonder why many members of this Forum live in a country that they seem to dislike, with people that they seem to dislike.

Reading some of the posts in this forum makes me cringe.

Seems like many farangs just sit around complaining ( Just like they did in their own countries) about everything Thai.

Yet they came to Thailand because it was so different to the Dump that they came from, then when they stay in country for a few years, they expect everything to change to the ways that they are used to in the very dump that they ran away from! If your own countries, especially UK are so great, UK people so good, UK women so pure and honest, why leave?

Why would you leave such a great place to live in a country that you do not like, with people that you consider to be inferior to you?

UK people are usually very guilty of this attitude, always complaining and moaning, no wonder Uk is such a depressing dump, just look at the attitude of many of them that come to Thailand!

If you cannot be happy in Thailand, then you should look at yourself and your own attitude a bit closer. If you do not like Thailand, there is a very good solution to your problem. Bangkok airport is open every day.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Begs must admit your right and Im guilty of this, reason is when you first come here you do think its paradise compared to the UK, but when youve lived here 12 months or more you tend to pick holes in the place or see its faults and realise that theres no such thing as paradise. eg: you cant really own anything, you have to employ a load of lazy Thais who cant or dont really care about the job which they are employed to do, if your a farang you get charged more than the rich Thais, if someone is comming to your house to do somework for you its a toss up weather theyll turn up or not and if they do its usually 2/3 days late, :o in one case it was 2 weeks later but that was the exception to the rule even for Thais. I could go on, but wont maybe i should just feek off home hey lol.

Like what the <deleted> gives the OP the right to tell others that they should not have an opinion.

I've heard and read the 'Go home if you don't like it" statement many times - NEVER from a Thai!

You might want to put that down to Thai good manners - I suspect otherwise, Thais also know about the downside of living in Thailand.

Look at it another way: many foreigners who have made Thailand their home do complain about aspects of life in Thailand - I take the view that they moan BECAUSE Thailand is their home and BECAUSE they care about the place.

If we are going to challenge their rights to an opinion then we ought also ask what are the motives of those who would deny people the right to complain?

maybe i should just feek off home hey lol.

If you feel that way about Thailand and Thai people, yes, it would be better for you to go. Why be unhappy when you can just leave?

Why stay in a country that has so many disadvantages for you?

One thing the farangs have as an advantage over the Thai people is freedom to travel to nearly any country unhindered, why stay in one where you are so unhappy?

:o Aikido is on the right track, but have you ever wondered why the UK is and has been a world leader for so long? Maybe because they do not just accept their lot. Unlike the Thais, they complain and look for a better way. Anyone who doesn't question why the man next door is living in a mansion, with servants and 3/4 cars, while they are living in a bamboo shack is beyond me.

Yes, there is a lot to complain about in this country. How will it ever advance into the 21st century otherwise.

If you ask the average Englishman if he LIKES England, he will say " No"

If you ask the average Thai if they LOVE Thailand they will say "Yes".

If you ask the average UK farang in Thailand if he Likes Thailand he will say "Yes", but he also wishes that the things he does not like where more like they where in the UK.

Let's face it, Brits are whingers.

If you cannot be happy in Thailand, then where do you think you can be happy?

well said Simbo, fact is I do like it here but the Thais dont help themselves they are repressed and believe what they are told by someone who is higher up the social ladder than them. Ive finally got my wife after 2 yrs of marraige to stop looking up to people who percieve themselves to be better just cos they wear a uniform or have more money. fact is Thailand is at least 100 yrs behind the UK, if youve got money in the UK it dont really matter where your from you can own what you want as long as you pays your taxes, furthermore you can do what you want and employ who you want, its called democracy and freedom of choice thats what made Egland great. maybe LOS could learn a little something from us if only they took the time to ! :o

LOS could learn a little something from us if only they took the time to ! :D

Yea, it would be great to walk around Thailand after the Pubs kicked out and get beaten up by a gang of drunken youths, vandalism, hooliganism, Yobism ( new word), maybe they can even have metal detectors in the schools to check for weapons.

Yea, C'mon Thailand , catch up with the UK. :o

You too can be miserable moaning gits, if only you would try.

QUOTE (GuestHouse @ Wed 2004-06-23, 13:15:03)

Like what the <deleted> gives the OP the right to tell others that they should not have an opinion.

Thats right, i am expressing mine. 

Yest but nobody is telling you to go home for having your opinion.

QUOTE (GuestHouse @ Wed 2004-06-23, 13:15:03)

Thats right, i am expressing mine. 

Yest but nobody is telling you to go home for having your opinion.

If you are so unhappy in Thailand, i would have thought nobody would have to tell you to go home, you have a choice.

Thai people do not have that choice.

Begs ,you say ,"lets face it brits are whingers ". this is a stupid comment. how many brits are there in the world ?? is EVERY ONE OF THEM a whinger??? i suppose you subscribe to the theory every thai man is lazy and every kiwi f***s sheep . i take it have had a bad experience of the uk or some brits, to start this bitterness you are feeling .

Begs maybe if you take the time to go to the south end of Pattaya or jomtiem beech late at night youll find a motorcycle gang or two, who Im convinced would be more than willing to deprive you of your hard earned cash and what ever other valubles you just happen to have with you.

somepeople like to wear blinkers in Thailand neglecting what really goes on.

My Wifes Thai and she tells me how unsafe LOS especially at night, in and out of the city!

Maybe shes just not as well informed as yourself Begs. :o

:o Begs, I suppose you are a brit, not an Assie, masquerading as one, with an almighty chip on your shoulder. Or perhaps you couldn't handle the UK, the repartee may have been to much for you. Maybe you have found your niche here with the Thai mentality and accept all the flaws without question.

And as for moaning, you have not stopped all morning.

If you ask the average Englishman if he LIKES England, he will say " No"

If you ask the average Thai if they LOVE Thailand they will say "Yes".

This is probably dead-on accurate but, has the average Thai person ever been out of Thailand to have another country to compare it to? More than likely, most of them have not and are not able to make this comparison. No country is going to be perfect for anybody. One can always find flaws somewhere. I think its a matter of pros & cons for most people. One might find many flaws in Thailand but actually like more than they dislike. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

seems like Begs lke to enforce his opinions on others when it suits him,

you still didnt seem to have a response to my last post begs whats up mate you wernt actually stuck for words were you ? or is it that you didnt have an opinion on that one!

Begs maybe if you take the time to go to the south end of Pattaya or jomtiem beech late at night youll find a motorcycle gang or two, who Im convinced would be more than willing to deprive you of your hard earned cash and what ever other valubles you just happen to have with you.

somepeople like to wear blinkers in Thailand neglecting what really goes on.

My Wifes Thai and she tells me how unsafe LOS especially at night, in and out of the city!

Maybe shes just not as well informed as yourself Begs. :D

You cannot be serious comparing street crime in the UK and Street crime in Thailand. I never feel unsafe in Thailand, yet i know people that will not go out at night in Uk.

I have never walked into a strange bar in Thailand and said hello to someone, and that someone wants to smack me in the mouth cos i had the audacity to say Hello.

How would your wife know what goes on, she feels it is too unsafe to go out at night. :o