Transfer Money Using WISE (Formerly TRANSFERWISE)

29 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I think all foreign transfers into Thailand are distributed by Bahtnet, and that is only online if I remember right from 08.30 till 17.30 Thai time.

I don't give a monkey's how it is done as long as it gets to my Bangkok Bank as an FTT within a day or so.   555

I have done Wise transfers at 6am in the morning here, and still takes until 2pm next day.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Salerno said:

What country did you get it in, how many times did you use it and how much withdrawn in that time?

Personally the fee structure for me makes it basically useless other than as emergency back up:

• If your card was issued in Australia, New Zealand, or Singapore**: You can take out money for free twice a month — as long as it’s under 350 AUD/NZD/SGD. But after that, we’ll charge you 1.50 AUD/NZD/SGD per transaction. This is a fixed fee. If you take out over 350 AUD/NZD/SGD in one month, we’ll charge you 1.75% on top of that.

If I used it as my primary, I'd be back to eating fees of around AU$17 per withdrawal after the first day.

My account is in the UK and I would not use the card in a way that would incur any fee.

I use the account mainly for international purchases and for Lazada here in Thailand, my Thai account is very basic. Recently linked the Wise account to Paypal.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

My account is in the UK and I would not use the card in a way that would incur any fee.

I use the account mainly for international purchases and for Lazada here in Thailand, my Thai account is very basic. Recently linked the Wise account to Paypal.

Cool, using it that way works. I was initially looking at it as a way to get cash as my other cards are good for online shopping (was going to build up the balance on a "Thai account" when the exchange rates are favourable and then use as primary ATM card). That idea went out the window when I looked into the details.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I don't give a monkey's how it is done as long as it gets to my Bangkok Bank as an FTT within a day or so.   555

I have done Wise transfers at 6am in the morning here, and still takes until 2pm next day.

No need for the rant, I just provided info.

Bottom line is that deposits are only made to Thai accounts when Bathnet is open. I never made any suggestion regarding how long it takes to get to Thailand.

This has been a long standing debate. many years ago used to get my state pension paid directly from the DWP to my Thai account. My pension was due on a Friday and other than bank holidays I always got my pension as soon as Bathnet came online on the Friday morning. Others getting their pension direct from DWP were 2 or 3 days after the due date. There never was any plausible explanation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

No need for the rant, I just provided info.

Bottom line is that deposits are only made to Thai accounts when Bathnet is open. I never made any suggestion regarding how long it takes to get to Thailand.

This has been a long standing debate. many years ago used to get my state pension paid directly from the DWP to my Thai account. My pension was due on a Friday and other than bank holidays I always got my pension as soon as Bathnet came online on the Friday morning. Others getting their pension direct from DWP were 2 or 3 days after the due date. There never was any plausible explanation.

Rant?

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Cool, using it that way works. I was initially looking at it as a way to get cash as my other cards are good for online shopping (was going to build up the balance on a "Thai account" when the exchange rates are favourable and then use as primary ATM card). That idea went out the window when I looked into the details.

Years ago I used to use a credit card as a money supply when here in Thailand but kicked that into touch when they brought in the fees to use an ATM, since then it has just been a case of expediency. The other thing is I would be a bit reluctant to ever put a debit card in an ATM. I only did it the once with the Wise card as you had to use the pin to activate it, didn't want to do that with a retailer.

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I transfer at 6.00 with wise from USD account to euro account in EU, takes seconds

Same time I transfer to THB, takes upto 10 hours to land and over weekends/holidays 2-3 days

THB account with SCB... Kasikorn should be quicker as WISE uses KBank

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Strange things are happening.............

I can't delete/amend the amount to transfer, is/has anybody else experiencing the problem ?

If you have filled out the transfer and not completed it, it will wait for you to finalize

You need to cancel the payment and set-up again

• Like 1

I transfer money on occasion from my Bank of America to Wise,to my Bangkok B account

I just asked Wise if I could change my address from my USA address currently on file to my Thai address ! 

They want proof , a bank statement or a utility bill or my Thai license !

I'm going to upload my DL !

Does anybody see any issues that could arise if I change from the USA to Thailand address ?

Edited by riclag

4 hours ago, riclag said:

I transfer money on occasion from my Bank of America to Wise,to my Bangkok B account

I just asked Wise if I could change my address from my USA address currently on file to my Thai address ! 

They want proof , a bank statement or a utility bill or my Thai license !

I'm going to upload my DL !

Does anybody see any issues that could arise if I change from the USA to Thailand address ?

They won't issue you with a Wise open border debit card if your address is in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jumbo said:

If you have filled out the transfer and not completed it, it will wait for you to finalize

You need to cancel the payment and set-up again

Thanks for your reply. I can't amend the amount shown from 1000gbp to what i want to transfer (2000gbp) its bizzare, first thing i thought was my delete button on my keyboard was not working but i've checked its ok by deleting other things.

Don't know quite what to do other than contact Wise but i fear they won't be able to help. I'll try a mates PC/laptop.   

27 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks for your reply. I can't amend the amount shown from 1000gbp to what i want to transfer (2000gbp) its bizzare, first thing i thought was my delete button on my keyboard was not working but i've checked its ok by deleting other things.

Don't know quite what to do other than contact Wise but i fear they won't be able to help. I'll try a mates PC/laptop.   

Until Wise release the money your are able to press the CANCEL button and set up another transfer. therefore, deleting a transaction doesn't come into play.

23 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Until Wise release the money your are able to press the CANCEL button and set up another transfer. therefore, deleting a transaction doesn't come into play.

I think i'm not making myself clear, i've not made any transfer i'm trying to simply amend the 1000gbp to 2000gbp to then go on with a transfer but my delete button won't allow me to effect any changes to the amount.

My delete button is working fine on my keyboard carrying out other deletions so its not that.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:31 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Strange things are happening.............

I can't delete/amend the amount to transfer, is/has anybody else experiencing the problem ?

Same on my computer. Lopburi 3 gave one solution - I highlight the numbers  I want deleted and right click  the mouse or keyboard and select delete. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, pontious said:

Same on my computer. Lopburi 3 gave one solution - I highlight the numbers  I want deleted and right click  the mouse or keyboard and select delete. 

Bingo another solution to the problem, thanks.