Dowry cost in Thailand

KhonDD

43 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

Once again, the falang comes to LOS thinking they are the smartest humans on the planet.......wanting to exploit the young ones.

they leave broke, bitter, and sentenced to a lifetime on TVF.

welcome.  lol

It is exactly this. Some people here are so deluded its true love or whatever, but reality is its money for the family unless you are the same "quality" -  both have good job and money, or both good looking and young.

I have money but I pretend to be poor in front of the girls, this filters 90% gold diggers out. The more persistent and smarter ones, can stay for a while, but it is easy to spot them quickly, when they come to my condo and start asking me how much I paid for each thing I own to asses my worth.

I will get a SG girl anyways after they reopen the borders. Its a very good experience to have a girlfriend here, but as a young normal looking guy with decent job, I can get same quality girls everywhere in the world I guess.

Edited by Kalorymetr
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kalorymetr said:

I have money but I pretend to be poor

this is key.  a clever person can tell if someone has money by their complexion, demeanor, etc..... but Thais haven't spent enough time with the falang.  

I spent maybe 40,000 on a piece of jewelry, so not a crazy amount.  if anyone asks me, i tell them it's about 1000 baht.  then they say, "oh, expensive."  lol.   ok.

acting rich will only lead to problems anywhere in the world.

but the falang gets the very young girl by acting rich, this is his only way.

and then is shocked when she never really loves him.  lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

a clever person can tell if someone has money by their complexion, demeanor, etc..... but Thais haven't spent enough time with the falang.  

Watch 'Clarkson's Farm' and then tell me Jeremy looks like a multi-millionaire!

Paying for social status in the village.. My god, how uncivilized this sound? No offense dude, but to me this sound like a joke.

Also improving your social status with 4k pounds, hehehe. Maybe I have higher expectations from people I go out with.

I just aske my current GF, what kind of money would she expect from me. I will never marry her, but I am curious. She said 500-700k Baht. I just smiled ????

That would make her Queen of the village I suppose.

Edited by Kalorymetr
  • Haha 1

Flame post and response removed.

As is normal, and as I stated previously, this subject seems to ignite people on both sides,

The OP has several pages of experience etc posted.