PM apologizes (again) for jab postponements, promises more vaccines

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Vaccinate with what? It's clear that the vaccines aren't there in the numbers they have promised.

He probably got his hands on some of the vaccines from countries are sending their cheap Chinese vaccines back to China.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday apologized again for the widespread postponements of vaccination appointments across the country, and for misunderstandings surrounding the government’s vaccine management, while making promises of more vaccines to be delivered to fulfill the goal of having 70% of the population vaccinated by year end.

Another day another apology... it's all a misunderstanding.

We're in control really.

Get the vaccines into the country, inoculate the people then step down.

• Like 2

The USA is trying to give away millions doses of vaccines...why not give the US a call?!

I was very disappointed to see an EXTENDED 14 day sandbox plan w at leat 3 covid tests...

My pre travel to USA Covid test at Samui Bangkok hospital vost me 5500thb! Its become a scam!

Get people vaccinated and open up already.

Cha Cha takes full responsibility, huh? So what does that mean? Will you resign? In many nations a failure of such an epic level, would mean the leader offers to step down. I have seen alot of blame being tossed around, but little in the way of true acceptance of responsibility for this historic fiasco. 

We realize your fear of losing support by firing Anutin. But, come on. The guy has failed on every measurement and every level. Aren't you at least embarrassed, having him as your so called health minister?

Friends of mine tell me they are seeing news reports abroad, about Thailand's inability to contain this, and horribly low rate of vaccination. 

Shame on you. You should have done better. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Vaccinate with what? It's clear that the vaccines aren't there in the numbers they have promised.

Yes that fact hasn't escaped me, thanks for the update.

Edited by pkrv
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The uniform he is wearing has nothing to do with the military.

He is wearing the civil service uniform that every government official wears on mondays.

Adorned with medals he's earned since seizing power! Great job Cha-Cha.......You da man!! ???? 

1 hour ago, itsari said:

Many ex serviceman have problems to adapt to civvy street as they have been molly coddled in there adult life . Prayut is a good example .

Outside of the US, name one ex serviceman (apart from Prayuth) who's had problems adapting to civvy street. I took to it like a duck to water after 12 years in the Brit Army. That was in 1971 and I haven't regretted being a civvy for a millisecond.

• Like 1

Like most country leadership is really hard to come by these days, Thailand is no different worse than others we read between the lines each day those who live here with eyes and ears open know what they are our only recourse is to vent daily with our sarcastic remarks.

In the end, the problem can only be resolve by the Thai people themselves when they have enough is anyone guess I know one thing it won't happen in my life time.????

What we used to call 'glittering generalities' is what we have here.  Not a single new batch of vaccine announced in the article.  Just the usual vague 'promises' of vaccines arriving sometime.  Did anyone catch the contradiction?  First he says the CCSA is responsible for determining the 'allocation of vaccines, under which every province will receive vaccines proportionate to its population' and then in the next paragraph he says the MoPH is responsible for 'allocating how much vaccine is sent to each province'.  So, you've got two agencies who both think they should decide where to send the vaccines.  No wonder the whole thing is a train wreck.  How about assigning an agency to procure mucho vaccines toot sweet.  

• Like 2

In his Facebook post today, the prime minister said he takes full responsibility for all the problems adding, HOWEVER, that a problem may occur any time, especially during the initial period when COVID-19 vaccines are limited.

He takes full responsability but by adding that HOWEVER it already doesn't mean anything anymore . That's already like saying sorry but not sorry . I appolagize "BUT" it's not my fault . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is unacceptable - truly, millions are going hungry, have lost their businesses, many of them permanently. They are refused the right to work in order to make life easier for the politicians/generals.  It's the same old thing, grand schemes smushed - no vaccines for local people. (Thailand has no money?  was there not a  loan from the IMF?). 

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Took a short while, but the first "If you don't like it here you can leave" post of the day from an obvious fanboy.

Tee-hee.

I was merely pointing out the pointlessness of soppy girly sentiments like “sickening”. All the fuss about Uncle's deficiencies are a sideshow. He is merely a cypher for what is genuinely awful here and about which no-one may speak, and a lot of TV posters appear to overlook this point, hence my pointed remark. Of course I'm not a fan; I advocate a solution most conspicuously employed in Russia a century or so ago. But ranting about how “sickening” the situation is, is – well – pointless.

Point?

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

The uniform he is wearing has nothing to do with the military.

He is wearing the civil service uniform that every government official wears on mondays.

Wearing a uniform might make him look and feel important, but in truth it's only an attempt to disguise the fact that he's an idiot underneath.

Saying he accepts responsibility is just hot air. He's PM and he's accepting responsibility for his useless racist deputy PM and Health Minister. He hasn't got the gonads to sack Anutin for fear of being ousted himself by Anutins mates.

In Thai tradition the color for Monday is yellow, the same for cowardice. He's spineless and the uniform hides the yellow streak he has down his back.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Disparate Dan said:

Tee-hee.

I was merely pointing out the pointlessness of soppy girly sentiments like “sickening”. All the fuss about Uncle's deficiencies are a sideshow. He is merely a cypher for what is genuinely awful here and about which no-one may speak, and a lot of TV posters appear to overlook this point, hence my pointed remark. Of course I'm not a fan; I advocate a solution most conspicuously employed in Russia a century or so ago. But ranting about how “sickening” the situation is, is – well – pointless.

Point?

Sounds like a rant.

Now I get your point.

• Haha 1