PM apologizes (again) for jab postponements, promises more vaccines

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

while making promises of more vaccines to be delivered to fulfill the goal of having 70% of the population vaccinated by year end.

Yep, I'm sure that Boris Johnson will be more than happy to provide Prayut with whatever assistance he might need in achieving this goal.

On the strict understanding that none of the spare vaccines donated by the UK government find their way into the arms of British expats, of course.

Edited by OJAS

CCSA is the highest authority ..............

On the second level is the Ministry of Public Health, ...............

On the third level ...............

Then there is the formula for vaccine distribution, said the prime minister.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-apologizes-again-for-jab-postponements-promises-more-vaccines/

Too many levels of officialdom in the process making and changing requirements, and that's without political interference, from Governors / Senators / etc.

Translation: After we the Special People have sold enough of Astra Zeneca vaccine manufactured in Thailand to other SE Asian countries and line our pockets more than we can imagine, you will get a few table scraps...AND LIKE IT.

Don't worry. All will be fine when hundreds of thousands of millionaires from China come flocking to Thailand to buy up all those empty luxury condos and begin spreading the wealth to food cart vendors throughout the land. And hey, if that doesn't work, there's always the "Myanmar Protocol."

the issue is not administration of the vaccine but the actual supply of the vaccines.

Whatever the issue is, the government does not have enough vaccines to perform a massive vaccination program.

Normal when you start a new program. Over time, it will be all fixed and controllable.

I estimated a 3 month of up and down before the program is full functionable

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the green light said:

And your clock started when, exactly?

And fully functionable (sic) means what exactly?

The goal was to fully vaccinate 50 MM people by the end of 2021. I think you're saying that might be by 1 April 2022?

I get it now.  It's Prayut as "bad cop" and Anutin as "good cop".

Anutin (in the face of obvious reported shortages): "There are plenty of vaccines for everyone and vaccinations are going exactly has planned."

Prayut (in the face of obvious reported shortages): "Sorry.  Sorry.  Sorry.  There are shortages but there will be plenty of vaccines for everyone and vaccinations are going exactly has planned."

38 minutes ago, WingFat said:

Translation: After we the Special People have sold enough of Astra Zeneca vaccine manufactured in Thailand to other SE Asian countries and line our pockets more than we can imagine, you will get a few table scraps...AND LIKE IT.

why do the Thai people put up with this <deleted>.  

16 hours ago, connda said:

Lie, get caught, apologize, lie again....
Lie, get caught, apologize, double-down....
Lie, get caught, apologize, "Hey, it worked the first two times"....

I think he has adapted to being a politician 100%. He sounds like Nancy, Gavin, Gretchen, Andrew, etc...

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

Outside of the US, name one ex serviceman (apart from Prayuth) who's had problems adapting to civvy street. I took to it like a duck to water after 12 years in the Brit Army. That was in 1971 and I haven't regretted being a civvy for a millisecond.

Same as you, 12 years service from 1969, once a civvy I never once missed army service one iota, been a civvy more than 40 years now, retired for the last 10 trying to enjoy LOS until this lot cocked life up, the best thing to come out of it ( army service) is all the friends I made & still have ????

1 hour ago, the green light said:

the issue is not administration of the vaccine but the actual supply of the vaccines.

Whatever the issue is, the government does not have enough vaccines to perform a massive vaccination program.

Normal when you start a new program. Over time, it will be all fixed and controllable.

Some real optimism there. I think you meant fully functional? That term, and both Prayuth and Anutin are oxymoronic. 

They are as low functioning as anyone in a position of leadership could possibly be. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This is the most vexing aspect.

Yes, we all understand "why" this path is chosen. But the results of taking this path are far, far worse than just being open and honest.

Faith is lost in the government, what little faith was left. And trust in vaccines suffers.

He seems to think "leadership" means doing the easy stuff.

Sad, very sad.

True.  In addition to lying and obfuscating to the Thai people, he is also doing the same with other countries that were relying on vaccines from the Thai factory.  Prayuth claimed they were not holding back vaccines from exports which is obviously untrue.  So far the Philippines, Malaysia and Taiwan have suffered defaults on their orders and I am pretty sure Indonesia put in a large order too but hasn't publicly complained. 

It will be interesting to know how many wil die or suffer life-long debilitating disease as a result of Prayuth's decision to rely so much on this apparently inadequate option for local production without back-up plan, not to mention economic losses.    

Our PM in the UK has promised a billion Vaccine's to help third World Country's and rightly so to stop this Pandemic. We will not be sending the cheap Chinese Vaccine that the Thai Government will use on there Population. The reason is simple. The Thai government ie the Thai PM has only purchased Astra or Moderna to vaccinate his party members and family, and his hangers on coughing up cash for there Tea Money payments. ( keep them in there pockets as there usefull ) The rest can wait and keep dangling the carrot. Once they finally get there act together you can bet they will be given the cheap charlie vaccine, its cheap for a reason. The people of Thailand should be telling there leader " why can a company supposedly be responsible for producing Astra Zeneca in Thailand be failing to meet production". The Astra Zeneca plant in Wrexham in the UK are producing 150,000 Phials a day these are not made up numbers as a quick google check will give you there daily figures. This means in 2 weeks a Million doses are produced. So you need to ask yourself why is this plant in Thailand struggling to manufacture 100,000 a month when we can do that Daily ?. Incidentally the Wrexham plant is not the only Facility manufacturing Astra here in the Uk. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

Must have missed that; good on ya Boris.  ????

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57461640

Just send a 140 million here, then perhaps we - & the rest of the world can return to some sort of normality.

Why send it to Thailand there suppose to be Manufacturing Astra and they have the funds to buy vaccines. People who live in Mud huts in Rural Africa have no chance.

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

True.  In addition to lying and obfuscating to the Thai people, he is also doing the same with other countries that were relying on vaccines from the Thai factory.  Prayuth claimed they were not holding back vaccines from exports which is obviously untrue.  So far the Philippines, Malaysia and Taiwan have suffered defaults on their orders and I am pretty sure Indonesia put in a large order too but hasn't publicly complained. 

It will be interesting to know how many wil die or suffer life-long debilitating disease as a result of Prayuth's decision to rely so much on this apparently inadequate option for local production without back-up plan, not to mention economic losses.    

Hopefully this administration will lose whatever credibility they had in SE Asia, and will be treated with BPS (Burmese pariah status). They sure deserve that, along with whatever shame, humiliation and embarrassment comes with a nation like the PI not taking you seriously.

Malaysia, Taiwan and Indonesia on the other hand, are serious nations. Being shunned by them means alot. 

5 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Why send it to Thailand there suppose to be Manufacturing Astra and they have the funds to buy vaccines. People who live in Mud huts in Rural Africa have no chance.

For the reasons you put in your post, that's why.

11 minutes ago, faraday said:

For the reasons you put in your post, that's why.

In one Farra. I have a friend up in Udon Thani he posted on an Issan forum his wife went to her village and spoke to the Headmans wife about there vaccination for the Village she said oh me and my Husband have had both Astra shots and her immediate family. My friends wife asked about the other villagers  the response was no vaccine yet for them.

I keep reading that one of the big problems ( aside from no real vaccine plan) is they don't know how many cases there are here because of the lack of testing. Per million population, Thailand is doing less that 8% of total test compared to the US. But look at China, they are testing even less than Thailand. Even if you could believe the numbers China reports, they  have to be boooogus if they aren't testing.

At the end of the day I loved going to Thailand and hopefully I will return once this is all over. Here come's the big If. In my opinion the thai population must regain Democracy and put into place someone who understands and welcome's tourism. Invite Tourism agencies from European Destinations like Spain , Greece , Portugal to share ideas and advise how Thailand can improve there image and welcome back Tourists. All tourism establishments from Bar's Nightclubs , Hotels , even down to Sun Lounge owners and Beach Vendors who attack tourists or attempt to rip them off will not be Tolerated and offences must be reported truthfully to show they are listening. It is clear that the Current Thai Government is not capable of running there Country now or in the future and unless Action is not taken immediately the Thai people will fall into more poverty and there will be no tourism. To heal the wound you must first remove the Infection.

5 hours ago, WingFat said:

The production agreement SiamBioscience signed with Astrazeneca last year was that the facility established in Thailand was to supply vaccine's not just to Thailand but the whole of SE Asia and at cost price.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the prime minister said he takes full responsibility for all the problems

Most elected leaders will just resigned or the Parliament will vote no confidence and hold election. Being non elected and Parliament stuffed full of sycophants, he can keep failing and then apologize.