PM Prayut: All sides must manage vaccine quotas

webfact

3 minutes ago, digbeth said:

How to they expect the hospitals and doctors at the front line to 'manage'?

water down the vaccines to give it to more people?

Perhaps I'm too cynical, but I don't think they really care. Seems like once the vaccines are in to the hands of the hospitals, every single issue that may arise (including not getting it into enough arms due to shortages or the doses being too small because of orders to stretch each vial) will be blamed on them.

Every single aspect of this rollout is solely about self-preservation for those in power. That's it.  Everything else is tertiary as long as they can say "we gave the hospitals vaccines" in the vaguest of ways possible

The world is watching the Thailand mess very closely, nobody is going to The Sham Phuket Sandbox! Belgium just put Thailand on the Red list, more to follow meaning going to Thailand for a holiday involves a 14 day quarantine when I return, no thanks???? The handling of Covid there reminds me of a game ????

89DE6118-DACE-49B2-9A37-295A79434C6E.jpeg

Just now, mtls2005 said:

Is the internet broken there?

Surely you can folllow developments from afar?

Haven't seen nr heard about any NYT/WSJ censorship here.

Damn, you're right.  I completely forgot to visit the "has a foreign article been blocked or become a topic of discussion in Thailand" website

Hand up, that's on me

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

His directions would be helpful and constructive had they had anything to share, the only items in abundance at the coming from the government are empty promises and dates of distributions that turned out to be nothing but a hoax..

but, the Health Minister stated the other week that Thailand had procured enough vaccines the provide the entire population not just 2 shots each, but also with the third "booster".

Trouble is they have not procured (which implies ordered and received), they have only ordered with deliveries at some undetermined time in the future, and are trying to mislead everybody.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Enzian said:

since I got an apparently genuine appointment for 6/22 on the site yesterday

Side effects from an appointment include....

Registrationitis

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Double vision

Honestly, until a registration or an appointment is shown to be effective I'll wait for a vaccination.

And when you get the first does be sure to update us on your registration for a second dose.

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

Comforting to know that the police and military have all been vaccinated, nothing like getting priorities right.

And this is nothing like getting priorities right.

Plus all Army Golf Course employees I have been told.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Almost 100 percent of medical personnel as well as police, soldiers and volunteers, have been inoculated. The vaccination drive on June 7, which was set as a part of the national agenda, aimed to inoculate people over 60 years old and people with congenital diseases, to reduce the severity of infections and prevent deaths.

Add to these figures the people of Klong Toei, The Prison Inmates, all Tourist related people in Phuket, All of Samuie, All local Authority personnel, The National Football Team and National Netball Teams, Etc Etc Etc.

Now that is a lot of people

Further adds to the rumour that only One Jab is being administered and people are then classed as ' Vaccinated "

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

Quote:  "Local agencies must manage their vaccine quotas in accordance with availability at any given time, and the doses have to be given to risk groups first."

Well there we have it, the PM has given the magic answer.

His statement has as much value as saying 'If things don't change they will stay the same'.  His comments are a waste of time and breath and take his leadership image backwards even further. 

'Risk groups'........The entire human population........

3 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

Damn, you're right.  I completely forgot to visit the "has a foreign article been blocked or become a topic of discussion in Thailand" website

Hand up, that's on me

Any chance you can post the links here instead of teasing, after all you haven't even told us what days you're talking about, post the links or ask a moderator 1st if they are allowed here, thanks.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

If the government orders one million doses, not all of them are delivered at once. They arrive in batches, and all sectors must manage their vaccine quotas accordingly.

Isnt this supply chain management 101.  Wouldnt they be given this information upon ordering.  Wouldnt they then be able to properly inform hospitals of when their batch would arrive?  Perhaps if the clown posse hadnt taken over full management of the entire process and just allowed hospitals to order directly?

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Any chance you can post the links here instead of teasing, after all you haven't even told us what days you're talking about, post the links or ask a moderator 1st if they are allowed here, thanks.

Wasn't trying to tease the articles, was genuinely curious if they had been discussed here or if people were aware of them off of this forum

I'm not comfortable posting links but they're both from within the past two weeks.  But a quick google search should bring up both relatively quickly

13 hours ago, NanLaew said:

There's talk that Thai 'friends of friends', some relatively fit and in their 40's, have already get themselves double-shot in Udon Thani. It's easy to imagine that this is being mirrored elsewhere in the country, especially that black hole that is Bangkok. We must assume that this ooze of vaccines from the allocations to "medical personnel as well as police, soldiers and volunteers" has unsurprisingly contributed to the stuttering failure of the vaccine rollout for the great unvaccinated. Typically, the armies of the world are blessed with a good handle on logistics management and indeed are mission-critical in the current 'surge' test and vaccination in the UK's northwest.

Meanwhile, in Thailand...

Quite a lot, approx 400,000 doses, went to Phuket tourist workers and general population, none of who are in the priority categories mentioned.

the whole article is based on an imagined reality and bears no resemblance to actual reality.

3 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

Wasn't trying to tease the articles, was genuinely curious if they had been discussed here or if people were aware of them off of this forum

I'm not comfortable posting links but they're both from within the past two weeks.  But a quick google search should bring up both relatively quickly

14 days is a pretty big spread to try searching, can you please narrow down to the dates for each paper and a date, surely not too difficult, please, thank you.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

He also told reporters that the government is doing its best to acquire more vaccines. Local agencies must manage their vaccine quotas in accordance with availability at any given time, and the doses have to be given to risk groups first. They include registered people with congenital diseases.

Well, accept when they go to golf courses, boxers, footballers, and of course, shipped to Phuket.

16 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

In other words he made a massive cluster f $*% of the planning and is now passing the book.

See what happens when you try to lock the market up for only two players in the vaccine market.  Those two players couldn't produce and now they have shortages as well as a loss of public confidence.  And not a lot of trust for either of the two players who were suppose to make a killing in the newly burgeoning Covid vaccine market.  Ouch!

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

14 days is a pretty big spread to try searching, can you please narrow down to the dates for each paper and a date, surely not too difficult, please, thank you.

Just google the publication and the name of the country and you'll find it pretty easily

Sorry, I'm not comfortable posting anything else besides this

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Uroller said:

The world is watching the Thailand mess very closely, nobody is going to The Sham Phuket Sandbox! Belgium just put Thailand on the Red list, more to follow meaning going to Thailand for a holiday involves a 14 day quarantine when I return, no thanks???? The handling of Covid there reminds me of a game ????

89DE6118-DACE-49B2-9A37-295A79434C6E.jpeg

The world is not watching Thailand very closely at all. People who would like to come here on holiday keep themselves abreast of the situation but they more than likely don't give a toss about the politics here. Why should they?

Of course, for those of us who live here the politics do matter but it is not as if we can vote this lot out when they next have an election.