Uk red list

I'm travelling back to the UK supposedly mid July. 

Anyone have any thoughts on whether Thailand will turn from yellow to red travel restrictions. That will mean quarantine hotel at £3000 for myself, wife and son who starts school in September. 

Thanks

Martin 

That unfortunately is pure speculation and really all you can do is hope for the best, but be aware.......

"Countries moving to the red list

If conditions change in a country or territory, it can be moved from the amber list to the red list. If there is a sudden change in conditions, a country or territory may be moved between lists without warning."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#stay-up-to-date

Understand the hope for the best scenario but does anyone know the criteria for such a move. 

Also I'm speculating about returning quickly to beat the deadline with my son (dual national) . Unfortunately we're waiting for my wife's visa (never travelled abroad). Arghh. 

• 4 weeks later...

Until Thailand gets enough vaccines and not the cheap ones from China then starts to inoculate  all of its at risk population, you decide what that is,  I am afraid that Thailand is going to be everyone's red list. The tourism sector was hoping for a re opening this autumn but I cannot see it happening now and more business's will be going out of business, the sector is going to have wait a year and re build.

Thos who work for the authorities in any way still have jobs and are still being paid and are immune to the pain in the sector that contributes 18% to the GDP, well it used to!

With the latest measures, the economy is going south, it seems like the only answer is curfew and lockdown which have not previously worked or we would be out of the woods by now, ordering 5 million doses every now and then is not going to put things right either.

The silver lining for us is the exchange rate is improving.

• Confused 1

On 7/10/2021 at 11:21 AM, nong38 said:

I am afraid that Thailand is going to be everyone's red list.

Amazingly, I think, Thailand will be remaining on the UK's amber list from next Monday when Indonesia, for example, will be moving to the red list! But good news for the OP, of course.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#amber-list

Edited by OJAS