2nd Jab of Sinovac Vaccine Significantly Stimulates Immunity

snoop1130

So its coin flip! I take "Lincoln's side coz get even 51%! My left nut also seems to be more heavy than right one! But same resolt goming out, strange liquit what woman like. And look nice back in vortex!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, brommers said:

and why in Indonesia are medics who were fully vaccinated weeks ago suffering large numbers of Covid infections and many hospitalisations. 

It shows that the vaccine is working???

8 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

Excellent News!!!  We should tell that to our Indonesian brothers and sisters! 

"JAKARTA, June 17 (Reuters) - More than 350 doctors and medical workers have caught COVID-19 in Indonesia despite being vaccinated with Sinovac and dozens have been hospitalised, officials said, as concerns grow about the efficacy of some vaccines against more infectious variants."

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/hundreds-indonesian-doctors-contract-covid-19-despite-vaccination-dozens-2021-06-17/

That's Kudus in Indonesia and it's the Delta variant. The EU is mixing AZ first and Pfizer second dose to fight it.

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I think the number is 350 health workers got infected. There are 1.3 million health workers in Indonesia and most got vaccinated since the program started in January. Rather miniscule like 0.02% infected. Moreover all from a province that the Delta variant is running rampant. Lets take things in the right perspective. 

so you are assuming that 1.3m health workers were exposed to the virus

Think again  

• Like 2

50% even as an average is not viable, wonder how much is down to quality of handling and distribution.

My first pfizer is in the 80s after 15 days taken in ireland under a rollout working to the highest first world standards.

I left in may to receive didnt have confidence in public had tried to access private in BP.

8 minutes ago, tomyami said:

50% even as an average is not viable, wonder how much is down to quality of handling and distribution.

But the report also appears to say 95% (of a laughable 186 sample, of course, as others have pointed out) were OK. So is it 50 or 95? - slight difference.

In any case the report smells like a crate of month-old kippers.

13 minutes ago, smedly said:

50% efficacy against which virus variant - this news announcement means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, it lacks deatils which are important - perhaps on purpose 

Quite an important question to ask.  If it is relatively ineffective against the Indian variant, then it could mean that millions of people will get very sick and need to be hospitalised, and likely be given a third and maybe fourth dose of a more efficient vaccine.

It's kind of bizarre to think of nations scrabbling to get out vaccines that might not actually work in the end.

Hopefully this speculation is wrong though, and the Chinese vaccines are effective enough.

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

I think the number is 350 health workers got infected. There are 1.3 million health workers in Indonesia and most got vaccinated since the program started in January. Rather miniscule like 0.02% infected. Moreover all from a province that the Delta variant is running rampant. Lets take things in the right perspective. 

I get your point and in fact, if I add the UK, where I believe they do not administer any Chinese vaccines, around 1 in 25 new Covid cases are found in people who have already  received two jabs of.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-latest-figures-are-evidence-of-third-wave-of-coronavirus-says-former-govt-scientific-adviser-12326812

This is difficult to understand. The summary above states "95% of the 186 recipients of the second dose of Sinovac’s COVID-19 vaccine had immunity", but when you click the article the last line says "more than 70% of the people had the immunity that effectively prevented illness". Still there is a key takeaway regarding all the two-dose vaccines, namely that both doses as well as a few weeks waiting period after the 2nd dose are required to achieve maximum protection. This will be very challenging (~impossible) with the current vaccine rollout, especially with particular challenges posed by the Delta (India) variant. There is now recent information being published about this. If folks have about 10 min, i highly recommend the following informative videos/publications:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ha6yUxze1vk - Why New Variants Are Happening & Why Serious

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)01358-1/fulltext - How the Delta (India) Variant Quickly Dominated the Alpha (UK) Variant

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1513 - Why the Delta Variant May Be Most Serious One

Edited by Dragonboat Ronin

1 hour ago, bipper said:

You don't make sense only 10M people in Indonesia have had 2 doses of ANY vaccine.

If you want to be Xenophobic you need to try a little harder. There are 270M people there.

Sorry, you should try a little harder.

We are talking about medical personel who have been vaccinated with Sinovac ! So the total population of Indonesia (who are not vaccinated yet) are totally irrelevant !

If you don't like Reuters, you can try Forbes :

Source : https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/06/17/chinas-sinovac-vaccine-under-scrutiny-as-covid-soars-in-highly-vaccinated-countries/

Edited by cclub75
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, josthomz said:

it's more than clear that vaccinated people getting infected is a sad but true fact, specially with these new variants. Bottom line is that the percentage of fully vaccinated people (with any of the available vaccinated) around the world who have died because of COVID19 is totally minuscule to the point it's almost negligible.

I can speak for my own country 40% vaccinated AZ and pfizer hospitalisiations and deaths have fallen off a cliff new infections recorded on younger and unvaccinated only.

Health worker infections almost zero I think 6 last month when it was as high as 5000 in janurary

Country started to opened 1 month ago and will fully by september al going well

5 hours ago, brommers said:

Snow job! If these Chinese vaccines are so damn good why are we seeing huge upsurges in transmission in countries that have used them, and why in Indonesia are medics who were fully vaccinated weeks ago suffering large numbers of Covid infections and many hospitalisations. 

Are medics who were fully vaccinated weeks ago suffering many hospitalizations? Can you define
"many" as a percentage?

4 hours ago, Disparate Dan said:

But the report also appears to say 95% (of a laughable 186 sample, of course, as others have pointed out) were OK. So is it 50 or 95? - slight difference.

In any case the report smells like a crate of month-old kippers.

It says that it's more than 50% - and is actually 95%.

The reason they mention "more than 50%" is because some people were saying it was only 50% (at most).

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, bipper said:

You don't make sense only 10M people in Indonesia have had 2 doses of ANY vaccine.

If you want to be Xenophobic you need to try a little harder. There are 270M people there.

I believe he is referring to the news report yesterday that approx 350 fully vaccinated health workers in Indonesia have caught Covid. They took sinovac.

not saying it’s a bad vaccine, just repeating the news. It was on CNA so a reputable news agency

Overall the article makes no sense and is far too small a sample size. 

it’s been released for propaganda. Many Thais have had one dose and need reminding about the need to have a second. Many Thais have concerns about sinovac and need reassurance that it works.

that’s all. There is no new news here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brommers said:

Snow job! If these Chinese vaccines are so damn good why are we seeing huge upsurges in transmission in countries that have used them, and why in Indonesia are medics who were fully vaccinated weeks ago suffering large numbers of Covid infections and many hospitalisations. 

Only 4% of Indonesia's population has been vaccinated versus 46% in UK and 45% in USA population.

That's just like saying that AZ is ineffective because India records 70,000 (last month 300,000) new cases almost everyday recently  when only 3.6% has been vaccinated in India.

So you can't compare orange with apples.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1