Thai Drive License and Theory Exam

zhounan

On 6/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, zhounan said:

Yes, I know, but I wanted to sign up anyway because there was a big discount and because in my country people drive in the opposite direction, so I need practice.

i did not practice when I drove in the states or canada

On 6/18/2021 at 6:51 PM, JackGats said:

The driving school will let you practise on their computer until you consistently score high enough (95/100 I think). The difficulty lies in the questions where the translation is misleading. A few question have twisted logic too.

45 out of 50 

• Like 1

If you don't have to do it then just do the eyetest etc and get your license . There is no need to practice just because you drive on the other side in your own country , you think the people that do the exame here in the parking lot and then are being let of into the wild without any experience can drive ?? It's one.big jungle .

• Like 2

On 6/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, zhounan said:

Yes, I know, but I wanted to sign up anyway because there was a big discount and because in my country people drive in the opposite direction, so I need practice.

They drive in both directions here. ????

12 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

If you don't have to do it then just do the eyetest etc and get your license . There is no need to practice just because you drive on the other side in your own country , you think the people that do the exame here in the parking lot and then are being let of into the wild without any experience can drive ?? It's one.big jungle .

While I agree with you, no need for a driving school, I know for a fact Chanthaburi school, take you on the road, in their duel control cars, and their test track has a roundabout+hill start.

6 hours ago, daytraderuk99 said:

agree about crazy theory test questions , i seem to remember one was  WHO HAS THE RIGHT OF WAY AT A CROSSROAD  IF THERE IS A    POLICE CAR   , AMBULANCE  OR ARMY TANK  WAITNG TO CROSS    ?  answers on a postcard

Apparently it is also illegal to drive without a shirt or without underpants.???? the way they drive, you'll need to carry a few spare pairs of underpants though. ???? 

• Haha 2

On 6/18/2021 at 5:50 PM, Peterw42 said:

There is no theory or practical test if you already have a license from home country. You present your home licence, do an eyesight/reflex test and watch a video.

I saw the video. Mr. Bean in his Mini Cooper.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, JackGats said:

I felt driving too close to the curb was also an issue (ie keeping right in the middle of your lane). Overall I think if you stop driving on the right for good and drive henceforth only on the left you get used to it once and for all. What messes things up is if you fly back home and drive on the right for a couple of months each year.

Curb driving has reduced almost down to zero. No girls standing there anymore.

48 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

While I agree with you, no need for a driving school, I know for a fact Chanthaburi school, take you on the road, in their duel control cars, and their test track has a roundabout+hill start.

They just renewed their fleet.

9386F4AE-3933-4583-9167-744ECFB35D91_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 6/18/2021 at 1:03 PM, zhounan said:

no discount  on actuely getting the licences   and why practice thai just point the car and go 

not look  so if u drive the same no problem  

other side of the road is easy just follow the traffic 

17 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:
20 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I wanted to sign up anyway because there was a big discount

You are saying the LTO is having a sale on the cost of a driving license?

How much is the  savings?

Obviously, he's not saying that, it was very clear what he was saying.

Wife and I signed up for a driving course/test together.  Both sat through the video part of instruction.  When it came to the test, D/L centre "could not find" th computer program for this test in English, so I was given an brief oral test by an instructor who spoke good English.  Then explained UK riving licence groups to her and was excused all further testing and given Thai licence for M/c and private car.  Only needed to take the medical, (a joke, cost 200Baht) and reaction test.  

Interesting if only to see the standard of Thai drivers taking the test, and passing.

12 minutes ago, Robin said:

Wife and I signed up for a driving course/test together.  Both sat through the video part of instruction.  When it came to the test, D/L centre "could not find" th computer program for this test in English, so I was given an brief oral test by an instructor who spoke good English.  Then explained UK riving licence groups to her and was excused all further testing and given Thai licence for M/c and private car.  Only needed to take the medical, (a joke, cost 200Baht) and reaction test.  

Interesting if only to see the standard of Thai drivers taking the test, and passing.

I did not have to take any kind of test to get my first Thai license or the first renewal.  The last couple renewals I had to take the reaction and vision test.

7 hours ago, brianthainess said:

???????? now that's a way to learn driving ! And how many lessons do you get before doing the exame ?? Not to sound bad but might be the only one in the country actualy taking you on the road and i geuss just that one day . But i can be wrong . Still it's a jungle out there because 99% understand nothing about traffic at all and have 0 knowledge on how to read traffic and situations . 

30 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

???????? now that's a way to learn driving ! And how many lessons do you get before doing the exame ?? Not to sound bad but might be the only one in the country actualy taking you on the road and i geuss just that one day . But i can be wrong . Still it's a jungle out there because 99% understand nothing about traffic at all and have 0 knowledge on how to read traffic and situations . 

There are driving schools all over the county that teach people how to drive on the roads.

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

There are driving schools all over the county that teach people how to drive on the roads.

For how many days and lessons ?? And do you really think these people will be qualified drivers after they had their lessons and exame ?? 

10 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

For how many days and lessons ?? And do you really think these people will be qualified drivers after they had their lessons and exame ?? 

For as many days and lessons as you want to pay for, they're businesses.

I know I sent at least ten office workers to driver-training and they all seemed to do okay. 

Do you think they would be better qualifies if they didn't go? What is your point anyway?

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

For as many days and lessons as you want to pay for, they're businesses.

I know I sent at least ten office workers to driver-training and they all seemed to do okay. 

Do you think they would be better qualifies if they didn't go? What is your point anyway?

Look at 90% of the drivers on the Thai roads and you'll get my point . That's my point anyway !! 

16 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Look at 90% of the drivers on the Thai roads and you'll get my point . That's my point anyway !! 

First, far and away, most people here seem to drive fine to me, so when you claim things like 90% you sound like a fool. You could well not be a fool, but comments like this make it sound that way. In a county of seventy million people how long would it take, and how far would one have to drive to see 90% of Thai drivers anyway? I've been driving here every day for over twenty years and I doubt very much I've seen even 1% of them 

Second, you make comments like "...these people..." in reference to Thais, it makes  you sound like a bigot. Again, you may not be a bigot, but you sound like one.

Third, you seemed to be claiming that regardless of the level of training given to Thais, they would be unable to drive "correctly'. That you (apparently) believe this indicates that either: A. You are indeed a bigot and believe that Thais are truly an inferior people, or that B. You are indeed a fool that believes there is something really difficult about driving, or C. You are both a bigot and a fool. 

Finally, to be clear, I do not believe you to be a bigot or a fool. I do not know you. Please do not get all bent and claim I am calling you names, I am not. You could well be a great guy, I have no idea. I am just pointing out what your comments make you sound like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

First, far and away, most people here seem to drive fine to me, so when you claim things like 90% you sound like a fool. You could well not be a fool, but comments like this make it sound that way. In a county of seventy million people how long would it take, and how far would one have to drive to see 90% of Thai drivers anyway? I've been driving here every day for over twenty years and I doubt very much I've seen even 1% of them 

Second, you make comments like "...these people..." in reference to Thais, it makes  you sound like a bigot. Again, you may not be a bigot, but you sound like one.

Third, you seemed to be claiming that regardless of the level of training given to Thais, they would be unable to drive "correctly'. That you (apparently) believe this indicates that either: A. You are indeed a bigot and believe that Thais are truly an inferior people, or that B. You are indeed a fool that believes there is something really difficult about driving, or C. You are both a bigot and a fool. 

Finally, to be clear, I do not believe you to be a bigot or a fool. I do not know you. Please do not get all bent and claim I am calling you names, I am not. You could well be a great guy, I have no idea. I am just pointing out what your comments make you sound like. 

Sound like to you , but i don't know where you are driving maybe in the big C with your shopping kart but even there people seem to have difficulties . And if you can't see that most of the people driving here can't drive or that the whole system of getting a license here is crooked , you might need to do the visiin test once more and i hope you pass but i doubt it . 

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Sound like to you , but i don't know where you are driving maybe in the big C with your shopping kart but even there people seem to have difficulties . And if you can't see that most of the people driving here can't drive or that the whole system of getting a license here is crooked , you might need to do the visiin test once more and i hope you pass but i doubt it . 

Vision test , sorry ???? or test your eyesight whatever .