Gov confident it can meet 120 day reopening goal

snoop1130

I'm confident they will meet their goals too.

The only thing I"m not confident in is who in the living world would go other than a few people who have been to Thailand 20 times.  

Tourism will not recover until vaccines are put in arms.  And if you think the Chinese will come right now you're absolutely dreaming.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

With a clear timeline for vaccinations, stringent control of preventative measures and good cooperation, the government is confident it will make good on its plan to reopen the entire nation in 120 days under the New Normal.

But the restrictions and bureaucracy will make tourists go elsewhere.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Energy Supattanapong Punmeechaow has clarified the government’s intention of reopening the entire nation to foreigners within 120 days, saying the countdown will start on July 1, placing its deadline at the end of October this year.

It will open as promised the master has spoken... but will it be ready, Thais, expats etc fully inoculated.. nah... more lies.

At 10m per month it's pretty obvious that the Government only intends giving 1 jab to 70pc of the population by the end of Oct with the second jab by Dec. Thus 70pc of the population will only be fully vaccinated in 6mths. I'm sure the outside world will recognize the difference and react accordingly. 

That said it will be a major achievement to vaccinate 10m a month or 333000 a day although some countries have achieved this.1

Hell. I am waiting to come back as soon as they get rid of all the hoops and hurdles. Like many others with families we are just hoping and praying it will happen in October. I'm vaccinated so I'm not concerned, but many are. It's not about protecting the Thai people from Covid, it's about protecting Us against the incompetent Thai government.

27 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Gov confident it can meet 120 day reopening goal

The same confidence that they had in the vaccine programme?

Thats luxury.

Try being in Australia with a P.M saying:

"closed for yet another 12 months"

We are not even allowed to travel out. ????????

14 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Lots of villages up in sticky rice land have not even had their first dose, I was reading before in some village only 2 people have had a jab and one of them was a nurse, q

Nothing here in Sakon Nakhon.  Nobody in my wifes extended family wants Sinovac.  Everyone has social media and knows what's going on.  Anyway that craps not even available.

3 hours ago, My POV said:

Hell. I am waiting to come back as soon as they get rid of all the hoops and hurdles. Like many others with families we are just hoping and praying it will happen in October. I'm vaccinated so I'm not concerned, but many are. It's not about protecting the Thai people from Covid, it's about protecting Us against the incompetent Thai government.

So many people are hoping to get back.  Just think if they paid for the right vaccines and enough for the population.  They would have enough in taxes in 2 months to have paid for it in tourism and locals working.

6 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

So many people are hoping to get back.  Just think if they paid for the right vaccines and enough for the population.  They would have enough in taxes in 2 months to have paid for it in tourism and locals working.

Ever considered a job at TAT? 

• Haha 1