Toyota Corolla Cross Hybrid Premium Safety vs Mazda CX-30 SP

5 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Exacerbating the ‘problem' is likely that the Cross is a new model which they imagine commands less discount. Give it time..

It's not that new, it's a year-old model on a three year old platform.

No idea how sales are, but I've seen a few...

Sales figures for Toyota Cross for last 6 months of 2020 are 12,945 more than any other brand in the  SubCompact Crossover sector.

Sales figures for Toyota Cross for the 1st 3 months of this year are 4,903 once again more than any other brand in the  SubCompact Crossover sector.

https://www.headlightmag.com/sales-report-subcompact-crossover-bsuv-dec-2020/

https://www.headlightmag.com/sales-report-subcompact-crossover-q1-2021/

A friend was looking a few months ago at the time there was a 4 month waiting list for cars.

Discounts range from around 70,000 upwards

Best places to look are the facebook pages for each brand/model

Mazda was offering 200,000-300,000 baht off some models last December I think it was CX-5 and CX-8

Edited by vinny41
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Seriously? Do you not remember what a ten-year old interior used to look like?

Most certainly do.!

The DS was soooo comfortable, way more so than modern hard seats.

Even the Chev Impala I had before the DS was too, but it was a big bench seat.

The comment about why are seats (car and aeroplane) are so hard these days was specifically directed to seat manufacturers, not any car model/maker.!

Those with well padded posteriors (inbuilt cushioning) may not find modern hard seating quite so uncomfortable.!

17 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

So if you drive 50,000Km a year @ 30km/liter that's about $1,822 a year, assuming B35/liter

At 20Km/liter that's about $2,700 a year.

So your savings is about $900 a year. Doubt the Saudis will feel it. 

What is the price of the vehicles? 

Both are priced at 1.2 million baht for the top model. 

On 6/22/2021 at 11:33 AM, nchuckle said:

Honda HRV is another consideration,but for me and peculiar to many Honda models in thailand,they are dumping their ancient technology engines long since discontinued in Western markets. 1.8 that’s been around for eons ,sane with CRV - old 2.0 and 2.4 petrol or tiny 1.6 diesel, again long gone in other markets. An Impressive hybrid I drove in uk 3+ years ago still not here ! 

I find it to be an extremely boring car. And like you say, no new technology for years now. Seems overpriced, for what you get. And perhaps the worst computer display in the automotive industry.

Looked at it. Almost fell asleep while doing so. 

Edited by spidermike007

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I find it to be an extremely boring car. And like you say, no new technology for years now. Seems overpriced, for what you get. And perhaps the worst computer display in the automotive industry.

A Brand new version of the Honda HRV is due to be launched this August with features such as Honda Sensing, 1.8 petrol engine maybe 1.5 hybrid.

Personally if you not in a rush I would wait for the Motor show in BKK end of November begining of December as that is when different discount options will be available to hit those all important end of year sales targets

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

A Brand new version of the Honda HRV is due to be launched this August with features such as Honda Sensing, 1.8 petrol engine maybe 1.5 hybrid.

Personally if you not in a rush I would wait for the Motor show in BKK end of November begining of December as that is when different discount options will be available to hit those all important end of year sales targets

That is a good idea. However, the Honda HRV will not be an option, even at a discount of 300,000 baht. Way too boring and way too over priced. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

For several years on most mainstream Honda new model launches they’ve still dumped the old technology ancient drive trains in them for Thai market. The odd exception with the Civic turbo 1.7 hatchback but not on HRV or CRV which I’d imagine comprise a large chunk of their sales.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

In that SUV sector I guess boring is pretty standard - it’s functionality/reliability that is the cornerstone for Thai market. Anything exciting or powerful is taxed out of contention.