Change return flight ticket date to match visa exempt stay period?

Hey all, I booked a return flight for 59 days after starting my application for 60-day Tourist visa in UK. But after having problems uploading photos to the application website (I could give more details on this if anyone wishes) and some other issues, I gave up and decided to come in Visa Exempt. So I've started the COE process based on that. Would the COE process (or the airline) have a problem with my "planned" return flight now going beyond the 45-day VE period?I haven't uploaded flight data for COE yet. Should I rebook the return flight to bring it within the 45-day visa period? I read on the forum that a 30-day extension (to take it 75 days) is almost a formality and would give me that extra time to coincide with return flight. But I don't know If the COE process or airline would see a problem with this. If there's a problem could I just say "It's OK, I'll get a 30-day extension". My plan is to apply for the 30-day extension (to make 75 days) and then apply for non-o visa (90-day) in Thailand and then go for extension based on retirement. The reason I'm worried about flight dates is due to the COE process that requires uploading flight info with the aim of ensuring I don't overstay my visa. Would COE process decline my certificate because of this missmatch in visa and flight dates? I'd rather not mess about with flight bookings unless I really need to.

Thanks

Regards

SD

Thanks DrJack. I just tried that website but it gave me a ticket with no names, or the website owner's name and dates for 2018 and showed a flight not connected in any way with Thailand. Why didn't it use the name,  dates and origin port I put in the form? The airline it used was spelt incorrectly too (i.e EnairobiTIHAD). Don't have a lot of confidence in it.  If it's just a template that we need to fill in ourselves why bother asking us for names, dates and onward flight from...?

29 minutes ago, Soup Dragon said:

I just tried that website but it gave me a ticket

I didn't mean that particular website.

If Google something like 'rent a flight' etc that will open many options. 

BTW think you mentioned that you have a return ticket. If it's flexible you could push back your return as currently there are 60 day covid extension available after you obtain 30 day (standard) extension to your visa exempt.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Soup Dragon said:

Oh well. Never mind, I've made a real booking with a well-known local budget carrier to Vietnam now.  So I'm good.

Err...I know you're not going to catch the flight, but I'm sure Thai Immigration would know Vietnamese borders are currently closed.

RAZZ

2 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

Err...I know you're not going to catch the flight, but I'm sure Thai Immigration would know Vietnamese borders are currently closed.

RAZZ

The ticket is for the airline when he originally starts his trip. Not for immigration.

36 minutes ago, Soup Dragon said:

Oh well. Never mind, I've made a real booking with a well-known local budget carrier to Vietnam now.  So I'm good.

How many days from entry into Thailand is your 'throw away ticket to Vietnam' and cost?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The ticket is for the airline when he originally starts his trip. Not for immigration.

How many days from entry into Thailand is your 'throw away ticket to Vietnam' and cost?

It's also for the COE.

RAZZ

38 minutes ago, Soup Dragon said:

I'm in the same situation as you. I want to enter Thailand on visa exempt, get a 30-day extension and then apply for a non-O visa in Thailand and an extension later, so I don't want to waste my money in a return ticket.

The question is if you can get the COE with an onward ticket or if the airline company will accept an onward ticket to Vietnam considering that right now Vietnam is not allowing tourists enter the country.

4 minutes ago, Eugen63 said:

I'm in the same situation as you. I want to enter Thailand on visa exempt, get a 30-day extension and then apply for a non-O visa in Thailand and an extension later, so I don't want to waste my money in a return ticket.

The question is if you can get the COE with an onward ticket or if the airline company will accept an onward ticket to Vietnam considering that right now Vietnam is not allowing tourists enter the country.

Yes, it's a bit tricky with all surrounding and nearby countries having some form of travel restrictions and quarantine of differing periods. But these things might change in the coming 3-4weeks. If Vietnam is no-go by then I'll keep the ticket as a souvenir. I don't mind having the return ticket to UK, so I might just go back and rebook the return so the dates line up for 30 days, just to be sure. I can't remember if I had to input outbound and return dates (as well as name, address, telephone, pp number, etc) on the initial registration for the COE. I'll wait a couple of days (is it three?) and check. I think the only thing I uploaded was pp copy.

Qatar Airways has a guaranteed flexibility policy, applicable to tickets issued up to 30 June 2021, which allows you to request a refund for any reason. You could book a ticket with them and later call to cancel it, and the funds will be returned to your credit card. I've done it twice, and both times the money was returned in about a week.

You could book a HKT/DOH or BKK/DOH round trip ticket in September for about 17,000 Baht. That ties up more money than a throw away ticket, but you can get 100% of your money back. 

5 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

Qatar Airways has a guaranteed flexibility policy, applicable to tickets issued up to 30 June 2021, which allows you to request a refund for any reason. You could book a ticket with them and later call to cancel it, and the funds will be returned to your credit card. I've done it twice, and both times the money was returned in about a week.

Yes I had to cancel my return ticket from BKK to LHR because Qatar is on the UK's red-list. They refunded a very decent amount.  I paid slightly more for a direct Thai airways flight, but I could have bought the likes of KLM for less than the refund amount. Qatar have been superb with handling the covid situation. They will continue to be my first choice airline in future.

On 6/20/2021 at 10:51 PM, Eugen63 said:

Cheaper to pay for a Tourist Visa.

No return ticket required.