Video: Child standing up behind rider on motorcycle near Bangkok

webfact

8pmV.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News said that comment was rife online after a post on Jay Moi vPlus on Facebook showed a young child standing up behind a rider on a motorcycle. 

The poster commented that this was very dangerous and should not be done. If the rider lost control that could be the end of the child.

They noted that "life could not come back after it was lost".

The incident happened in Nakhon-In Road near the Phraram 5 market in Nonthaburi on Thursday. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-21

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

The poster commented that this was very dangerous and should not be done. If the rider lost control that could be the end of the child.

Lots of Einsteins out there, but in reality, they continue with their brainless behavior. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mackstask said:

Are people just realizing this goes on in Thailand?  Even the schools allow 3-4 students on one motorbike pass through the school gates. What's so unusual about this, a life is a life. Thailand seems to be in its own little bubble, the rules don't seem to change with progress, more vehicles and accidents on the roads same breaking the law rules apply as 30 years ago. 

overloaded-motorbike.jpg

I can beat the 6 on a Motorbike as per hoto.

Years ago I saw 7 on the Motorbike, with a Baby and Small Dog in the front Basket, and some shopping hanging off the handlebars.

What I would call full utilization of the Vehicle.

Regrettably I had no Camera with me to record the picture.

6 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Is it definitely a child............. not a dummy?

A legitimate question with the terribly bad video.

I downloaded and went over and over....

Could be that it is a child clinging the arm around the driver.

But really it's so blurry it could be an alien.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

A legitimate question with the terribly bad video.

I downloaded and went over and over....

Could be that it is a child clinging the arm around the driver.

But really it's so blurry it could be an alien.

I have a suspicion it is someone with a sense of humor......555

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mackstask said:

Are people just realizing this goes on in Thailand?  Even the schools allow 3-4 students on one motorbike pass through the school gates. What's so unusual about this, a life is a life. Thailand seems to be in its own little bubble, the rules don't seem to change with progress, more vehicles and accidents on the roads same breaking the law rules apply as 30 years ago. 

overloaded-motorbike.jpg

Thailand just one of many poor countries with overloaded bikes.  Often the only transport option for the whole family.  In Cambodia bikes with six or seven on board is a common sight on the streets of the Phnom Penh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

That is true no matter where the child is on the motorcycle.  But it is also true that it would be much easier for the child to accidentally fall off even without losing control.

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Thailand just one of many poor countries with overloaded bikes.  Often the only transport option for the whole family.  In Cambodia bikes with six or seven on board is a common sight on the streets of the Phnom Penh.

I wouldn't class Thailand as a poor country or even compare it with their poor neighbours.  

I once was following behind a woman riding with a small child sitting behind her. Every minute or two the  kid would appear to fall asleep and start to slump to one side or other. So I sounded my car horn a little each time it happened and the kid would jerk upright again and cling on again. Eventually she pulled in to a shop but I got the evil eye as I went past!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Sad to see an idiotic rider allowing this to happen... but hey that's why accidents are so prevalent..

everything goes.

8 hours ago, keith101 said:

Maybe the rider is half blind and the child is giving instructions .

No I think she is holding the mobile phone for him, very safety concious wants to keep both hands on the bars