Will Chonburi immigration accept a computer printed Bank Statement from online banking for Retirement

I recently updated my Bangkok Bank Passbook hoping to see when I had topped up the 800,000 baht requirement needed for my retirement extension, unfortunately I only got a balance carried forward summary.  It is missing the dates I had topped up my account.  Does anyone know if Chonburi immigration will accept a computer printed version of my detailed transactions which show the dates and everything? Or do I need to order an official statement from the bank since my passbook is incomplete.   

OP, which immigration office. 

You should not require a bank statement..

Best to make small deposit on day of application and obtain bank letter at the same time. 

All you need is the photocopies of bank book pages and bank letter.

1 hour ago, vanbrit548 said:

It is missing the dates I had topped up my account.

This means you have such combined/accumulated entry?

Balance of multiple transactions in one book entry (CMB).

CMB = Combined No-Book Transaction

I am also afraid it will raise suspicion that the balance had fallen below for some time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Again I recommend to anyone using money in the bank method to have a dedicated account for extensions and separate account for day to day banking.

ABSOLUTELY!

And the immigration account can be a so called "fixed" deposit (orange book at Bangkok Bank). Current balance available at any time (just loosing interest for early withdrawal).

Can not remember that it won't be accepted by some immigration offices.

Very few transactions/entries over the year.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Very few transactions/entries over the year.

Exactly. Personally I keep 800k+ in FD account. 

The first that they want is bank book and photocopies with bank letter (at CW) .

Maybe my imagination but the imm officer seems very positive. So easy and quick for them to check. 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Whats imm office got to do with it. The reason I asked about imm office is because I overlooked fact OP had consolidated entries.

Some offices require the Bank Account Ownership Letter,

a copy of all pages of current passbook (and the previous book if newish),

and a printed/certified statement of account from the bank (Immigration didn't even know where the nearest branch was, they tried to sent me to one that was out the other side of the city, not the one I needed to drive past to get there).

If you accept the way immigration wants things done as opposed to what makes sense to you then you won't have any problems.  Common sense and shortcuts just aren't acceptable for government workers regardless of what country they work for.

I keep my 800K Bt in a regular but separate BKK Bank account, which I never take any money out of.  The day I apply for a visa renewal I insert the bank account book into one of the deposit machines and make a deposit, usually a 1000 Bt, which automatically updates the book with a that day's date.  I then ask the bank to make me a letter for immigration.  Finally I  get a copy of the front page of the bank account book with my name and a copy of the deposit history.  I do this again for the 90 days report after the date of the visa renewal.

Note, the regular 90 day "in country" report is NOT the same as the 90 days bank report after the visa renewal.

Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration wants copies of passbook pages for the entire year prior to your application to show that the 800k remained in the account for 3 months after the date of your previous renewal application and 2 months prior to your current application. It must also show that the balance never went below 400k for the other months.

However, since your passbook does not show the balance for the entire period (consolidated entry) they will want to see evidence from your bank in the form of bank certified statements. They will not accept print outs from online banking systems.

If your bank is a Bangkok Bank branch, they will need at least one week to obtain the statements from their HQ in Bangkok.  The fee is 200 baht.

Although not applicable to your case, for those using the 65k monthly income method, they will not accept certified bank statements (I tried that 2 years ago with my first renewal after the US Embassy quit providing the income affidavits). They insisted I get a bank letter listing all foreign deposits to my account for the year preceding my application.

The following year and this year (June 17) I have obtained the letter listing the transfers - this letter is in addition to the usual one verifying the account and current balance.  I used the Tesco Lotus South Customer Service counter - fee 200 baht and one week for them to get the bank statements. They prepared the letter listing the transfers using the bank statements (if your passbook has no consolidated entries, they will use that with no need to order the statements) - the fee 100 baht.  When I obtained that letter, I also obtained the Bank letter verifying the account - fee 100 baht.

Whether using the 800k or 65k monthly income, the bank letter verifying the account needs to be dated the date of application or the day before. Mine was dated the day before. I applied early before banks opened, but did stop by the one near Jomtien Immigration to withdraw 1,000 baht and then update the passbook to show I had a transaction on the date of application, which they require.

3 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

I keep my 800K Bt in a regular but separate BKK Bank account, which I never take any money out of.  The day I apply for a visa renewal I insert the bank account book into one of the deposit machines and make a deposit, usually a 1000 Bt, which automatically updates the book with a that day's date. 

Sundew must be awfully cheap, because she transferred one baht.

My extension renewal is July 3 2021 in Udon Thani. Account BK bank Kumphawapi. 

- I ask for letter from bank which takes 1 week....  

- how far ahead should I order statement from the bank?

- Bank book needs to be updated same day as applying for

extension?

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

I ask for letter from bank which takes 1 week....  

Bangkok Bank here does them the same day you ask for it.

how far ahead should I order statement from the bank?

One year takes at 7 days or a little over dependent upon weekends and holidays.

Less than 6 months can be done while you wait.

Bank book needs to be updated same day as applying for

extension?

Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sundew Giggleglow said:

Sundew must be awfully cheap, because she transferred one baht.

I have had 800K in BK bank orange book for over a year untouched.  On V-Day I went to my bank; had it updated with interest; no transaction; she photo-copied the first (only) page; gave me my statutory letter and I went on my successful way.